RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parsnip

Parsnip Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB OC 2.0
    Hey japamd, what SMAA mode (1x, T2x, 4x?) and version (latest is 2.8) is the Radeonpro implementation?
    I was just reading a little about that stuff, and while it's mostly way above my technical understanding, it got me wondering if it's the same as mrhaandi's injector, or something else?

Keep up the good work man.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From my understanding anything above "1x" which is what the current injector is likely using (Albeit in various quality modes determining amount of samples and such.) anyway it requires game specific support and implementation which is why we've only seen the other modes in well I can only think of Crysis 3 at the moment. :)

Seems to be the same with TXAA for Nvidia (That and it probably also uses CUDA.) so it's not something that can just be set and used in every title which is very unfortunate but probably difficult to work around.

3. temo

temo Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Actually, this is exactly how I use it as my global profile. I know there's a warning about possible issues, but I haven't run into them and would rather create a custom profile if I ever played a game where it didn't work and had to rely on the in game AA.

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Answer below.

Anything above 1x requires access to buffers (either color or depth buffers or both) and that's hard to implement.

5. Parsnip

Parsnip Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB OC 2.0
    Cool cool, thanks. :)

6. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Someone who have the game Bully: SE could get Ambient Occlusion to work with this title?

I've tried some settings but I'm not very good at it.
    This game uses GameBryo engine (same as fallout and skyrim\oblivion), maybe is possible to achieve it without being a total pain in the ass.

This game have really "dull" graphics, SweeFX already does a nice job there, HBAO would be priceless. The game itself seems to work fine with RadeonPRO, apart from triple-buffering (which does not work, even with advanced forced path).

NT: The far I could get, was some strange and almost imperceptible shadows that moves with camera.

EDIT: In a not related word, I can barely wait to see the live adjustments of post-processing effects. This will be amazing. :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  7. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Been quite in here :banana:

Any news on RP 2.0 release date ???

8. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    I imagine john is holding it back till win 8.1 and the new amd cards drop later in october (and they send him a new card :p)

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    AMD better do and they should help with data required to integrate Mantle monitoring into RP.

10. anyone been able to force 120hz with alien rage? its using the unreal engine and im seeing a lock of 62fps no matter what. Pretty sure this is an engine limitation and it can't be forced?...

11. evlcookie

evlcookie Guest

GPU:
    Do you ever think you would port Radeon Pro to Linux if steamOS becomes a popular choice for gamers?

12. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    You need to change this in your config file.

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, so there's a game I play (osu!) that requires very little input latency. I figured I'd try enabling vsync + Triple Buffering (forcing via RP) but I still had a very noticeable amount of input latency still...

Is this normal? I would of figured TB to get rid of the latency at the cost of more GPU usage, but maybe it only works to an extent?

14. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Triple Buffering don't reduce input lag, it only make sure there are 60FPS with maybe increase like 0.5-1 ms input lag, which increase smooth and better than switch between 30-60 FPS.

For Osu!, it can be rendering at 0.5ms (CPU+GPU), so you are watching the thing that get rendering 16+16+16+8 ms(triple buffering+mouse latency for 125hz) ago...(If I am right about how triple buffering works)

But anyway, for less input lag is full screen+without vsync, if you don't like the tearing, you can use vsync+58 FPS DFC by adding some input lag than without vsync.:)

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    It absolutely does decrease input lag. That is its purpose - To decrease input lag introduced by vsync.

It does not reduce lag introduced by other means.

Input lag in vsync is caused by outdated frames in the render buffer. Tripple buffering makes sure there is always a newer frame available, reducing the input lag.

You wont be able to reduce it to zero, but its a significant decrease over straight vsync.

It also has the added side effect of uncoupling the sync when rendering under your target so you dont get that 60/30 fps drop problem.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

16. DeFade

DeFade Guest

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    Hello!
    Since updating to beta 15 of Afterburner something weird is going on with a particular RadeonPro settings. The option 'always use highest clocks while gaming' doesn't work properly now. It seems to maintain the memory clock but the core clock still drops during low use. Any thoughts? I've posted the same to Afterburner forum.

edit
    Sorry. It was happening because I had media player classic running, nothing to do with this update. Ignore me!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  17. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, sorry for lazy, but I know it helps with vsync enable when gpu bound.
    As vsync jumping between 60/30 FPS, when you drop to 30FPS, you will getting input lag increase from 16.6ms to 33.3ms, why you don't wanna increase just 1-2ms for getting 60 FPS stable rather than dropping to 30FPS which is 33.3ms. :D

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Thats what dynamic vsync is for.

It disables vsync if you are under your render target.

19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    But you can't enable Triple-buffering with dynamic vsync, right? :)

I think most people enable vsync just don't wanna to see tearing, or they will choose FPS limit to limit/reduce the GPU usage.

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.