RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, so I have a Acer Aspire V3-551G-X419 laptop (Windows 8.1 + the 8.1 Preview Catalyst drivers) and it has an APU (7600G GPU) and dedicated graphics (7670M).

AMD Dual Graphics is disabled, both GPU's are visible under Device Manager, both GPU's have proper drivers and different Device ID's, and RadeonPro sees both GPUs:

[​IMG]

When playing games with the OSD enabled, RadeonPro only shows the 7660G GPU, regardless if it's actually the GPU in-use or not:

[​IMG]
    As for proof that it's not the 7660G GPU that's in-use, GPU-Z is reporting proper GPU usage for the 7670M chip that should be 99%, but the OSD for the 7660G shows 0% usage.

So what I was wondering was:
    - Why can't I see or set the GPU VRAM usage for the dedicated GPU?
    - Why can't I see the OSD statistics for the dedicated GPU?

Messing with the Use WMI/System registry and strict ADL settings don't seem to help either.

If I recall right, the OSD does show both GPU's when Dual Graphics is enabled (still no VRAM usage for the dedicated), but I'd rather it be disabled.

2. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    How i can enable some anti-alasing via RadeonPro for Aliens: Colonial Marines?

3. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    -Edit- Nothing to see here... move along. :infinity:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  4. M4xw0lf

M4xw0lf Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6970
    Is there some way to activate AO in XCOM Enemy Unknown? (Maybe a general profile for Unreal Enginge 3 games?)

5. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I'll post it here because I suspect it's an RP issue and not an SFX issue, but I'm using the latest release of SFX from Boulotaur, and I'm finding that with the Advanced CRT option, the CRTReasolutionX and Y values will not go above 100 even though the descriptor says it can be up to 2048. I can change the values in the XML that contains the SFX settings, but if I even look at them in RP, it resets them back to 100 again.

Any ideas, guys?

6. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    japamd
    Maybe you could add support for FILM GRAIN effect , now I can't tweak or use it with RadeonPro ,it makes everything dark via RadeonPro.
    one user modified SweetFX and added this effect , here is the link to download :
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604&postcount=528
    It looks really nice .

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sweetfx appears to be working in x86 version of that game but I tried only Luma Sharpen and Vibrance. Which effects are you using?

Sweetfx 1.4? Which effects are you trying to use?

Thanks for detailed report. I guess it's the way RP detects the primary adapter, by looking at game startup time which card is connected to primary display. I am not aware of how those mobile chips work and don't have a sample to make some tests, making it difficult to pinpoint and fix. That's why I always mention mobile chips aren't supported currently.

AFAIR RP isn't compatible with that game. The game doesn't crash at startup anymore with RP running at background?

Most games can't be forced to use MSAA but other post-processing AA (FXAA and SMAA) are supported in almost every title with a few exceptions.

Copy the bit flags and z-buffer index from other UE3 games like Karateka and see if it works.

It's not working for me as well.

That effect needs an additional texture to be loaded and RP is not currently coded to load external textures, that's why the film grain effect makes screen dark.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Colonial Marines work fine with Radeon Pro for me but I haven't really tried anything advanced with the program, mostly I enforce a framerate cap and tripple buffering with one of those VSync related options. :)
    (Some small LOD tweaks to texture detail and SMAA as well, again it's nothing special.)

(I'm using it for monitoring framerate and screenshots too in replacement to FRAPS, OSD and such is not enabled either if that means anything.)

EDIT: Come to think of it what's up with the (p=2) error message?

(Always with "Entity Line 3 Position 21" whatever that could be or mean.)

I tried disabling API monitoring globally and some other stuff but it always appears.
    (Start RP then open CCC or the web browser and switch back to RP and the message will be there.)

It seems harmless but I was wondering if it meant anything or if it's just some bug or what it could be.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The configuration file (%AppData%\RadeonPro\Config.xml) might be damaged.

Thanks for the info about Aliens Colonial Marines.

10. M4xw0lf

M4xw0lf Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6970
    Thanks, so far I tried the settings for Bulletstorm, Batman AC and Batman AA, but no effect (except the bulletstorm settings caused some blur, so at least that's proof that the profiles are applied).

Edit: also no luck with the settings for Mass Effect 3 - again only blur.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That info worked. :)

EDIT: Removed most of the post, found the problem.
    (SpecialFlags.xml)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  12. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Just got Firefall open beta and can't get it to work with Radeonpro.

I can put Firefall in the compatibility list and disable api monitoring and the game will run.

Anyone have a work around for this game?

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sometimes it might be very boring to find out which are the correct settings for an ambient occlusion profile, XCOM looks to be one of them :(

Cool :)

Downloading it now :)

14. SamuelMaki

SamuelMaki Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gigabyte 670 OC
    the latest RP does not work with lotro (does not recognise it is starting so does not apply any settings and global does not work either). Same problem is with swtor, maybe because they use their own launchers. Have not tried older RPs, so just informing that they do not work on the latest one at least.

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Tried adding their launchers (custom)?

16. M4xw0lf

M4xw0lf Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6970
    Yeah, luckily it doesn't really bother me that I don't get AO working in XCOM, I was just curious ;)

17. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Would that be an RP thing, then? I assume RP gets it's min/max values from the SFX ini file somehow, but it won't go over 100? I've had a quick look through, and I don't think any SFX variables require anything that goes higher than 99 (or even 50 for that matter) so it could just be that it's not built (currently) to handle numbers that large.

Like I mentioned, I was able to input the numbers manually into the relevant XML files fine and RP parsed them to SFX without a problem, it's just the GUI that doesn't seem to like them.

Hope this helps :)

18. SamuelMaki

SamuelMaki Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gigabyte 670 OC
    Yes, tried that, clicking the profile on RP correctly launches the launcher, but none of the modifications are running when the game starts

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Get process explorer and see what the launcher is using to start the game,

Youd be surprised what you find sometimes.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Just a note about launchers, again: you need a launcher configured only in 2 cases, as follows:

- You're using a compatibility profile for CF or AA and the game is started from a launcher;

- You want to start the game from RP interface, when a launcher is configured RP will start the launcher instead of the actual game executable.

For all other cases a launcher isn't needed at all, only the actual game executable needs to be configured in the game profile.

About the detection failing, some launchers appear to start the game using elevated privileges which is unsupported by RP, the game must be started using the same user account used to start RP or detection process will fail.

Ok, let me know if you find some bit flags that work with XCOM.

The lower and upper bounds are read from SweetFX_settings.txt file. For CRTResolutionX and CRTResolutionY we have:

#define CRTResolutionX 512 //[1 to 2048] Original input width of the game (ie. 320)
    #define CRTResolutionY 304 //[1 to 2048] Original input height of the game (ie. 240)

The [1 to 2048] determines the min and max values for the variable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.