RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apccyl

Apccyl Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 3GB
    What are those dlls?

2. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Is the latest version the one found on the download page of http://www.radeonpro.info/?

Because I remember John sometimes posting links to latest versions here. :)

3. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    If in RadeonPro, I put the settings to maximum d3d etc, the program bypasses the panel settings catalyst?

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no, it overrides them.

so if you have something set in CCC, but not in RP it will still be active.

Its actually a good thing so it doesnt disable profiles that might have driver level tweaks.

5. Daemonjax

Daemonjax Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 4070ti super
    Yeah, I've always used vsync + framecapping @ 60 to on a 60hz lcd panel to eliminate microstutter on single gpu. I don't have a second card for crossfire, so can't comment there.

The above fix works in every game I play except for Elite Dangerous. The microstutter @60 is evil, even when I can get 220+ fps with vsync off in the same scene. I try to ignore it. It's also the only game I play where RadeonPro's "Lock framerate up to monitor's refresh" feature does nothing at all, although dxtory's framelimiter does work. All other RadeonPro options seem to work in that game, except (seemingly) flip queue size. Curiously, the ingame framerate limiter graphics option is less than useless since it lock my fps to 64 when I select 60 -- don't know if that's a bug or intended.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    AFAIK, flipque has been disabled in the drivers, so nothing can change it.

7. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite

I have see a thing, in ccc I force AA at maximus and my VRAM is consumed up to 1600 MB, if I let him decide the application known that arrival to consume only 1,000 MB, using the one forced by RadeonPro

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes, in that case RP will override CCC.

However, most likely some different was set in RP such as the AA type (MS, SS, AA or EQ) or the filter (Standards vs Edge Detect)

9. DeFade

DeFade Guest

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    Anyone else tried to use this with FIFA 15? I'm only trying to force vsync and triple buffering but the game crashes to desktop straight away. It's a 64 bit exe so I can't use d3doverrider...

As an aside... why is there STILL no options for d3d vysnc and triple buffering in CCC? It's ridiculous.

edit

Sorted now. It wasn't playing nice with the rivatuner osd. All working perfect now, 60fps during cutscenes and all.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  10. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Any support for VSR and the new Omega drivers?

DSR vs VSR

NVIDIA’s Dynamic Super Resolution finally has some competition. For years both companies neglected the need for easy downsampling technology for end users. Eventually people came up with a 3rd-party modifications, which were shortly put, not the easiest to handle.

With Catalyst Omega drivers AMD introduces Virtual Super Resolution (VSR). The changes can be applied through Catalyst Control Center, however I’m not yet sure if is this going to work across all installed games or just those selected by the user.

This technology has some benefits and some downsides. Not all games are optimized to offer good performance at higher resolution. Sometimes it’s better to choose anti-aliasing filter instead. Company of Heroes 2 for instance, is unplayable with single R9 290X or GTX 980 at 4K resolution in Ultra quality, so you are better off playing with just AA enabled.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Great soft -> im always using RPro for gaming. Works with all games :D and SwetFX also is working. Still waiting for Radeon Pro Infinite ;-)

12. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Sweet FX and Radeon Pro only work for me if using 32 bit executable for the game.

Meanwhile I can use the SweetFX version: 1.5/Boulotaur2024 Injector which supports 64 bit as a standalone, however not with Radeon Pro.

13. Jedi21

Jedi21 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 VaporX
    In-game CPU monitoring

Hi guys,

is there any way to add CPU load and temp values in RP's on-screen display?

If not, any light app I can use alongside RP?

Thanks in advance :)

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    MSI Afterburner.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no exactly light, but yeah...

16. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    CPUtemp

17. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Can we use RadeonPro with Nvidia cards? I'd really like to take advantage of the refresh rate lock feature. I don't know how to do this with Nvidia cards using the typical nvidia software(Inspector etc).

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Maybe. It's easy to setup and not bloated, I consider it "just right".

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Afterburner does CPU temps? The last few versions of AB I used haven't shown any CPU temperatures (but shows core usage).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.