RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxio

maxio Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti
    The truth is that ONLY RadeonPro makes me think to switch to AMD.
    Now with unclear future I doubt I'll even think about AMD cards, time will show.

I just can't imagine using AMD cards without RP like NVIDIA's without NVIDIA Inspector.

No disrespect to japamd, but RadeonPro is a bit buggy and I'll not hide that I had BIG hope with upcoming new version as it is an invaluable tool.

I really appreciate what RadeonPro has done for us over the years, but despite the happiness of seeing you being highly valued by a big company (as you should be), there's a bit of me that knows this step is a complete negative to the end users that have found RadeonPro invaluable.

That won't be replaced by Gaming Evolved nor Rapt.

Don't waste that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Technically, he works for Raptr not AMD.

3. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    I'm having this weird issue with RP and watch dogs. I get texture flickering when I go full screen and anything below my native resolution (which will eat up some more fps). I want dynamic vsync but it won't work unless full screen (which causes texture flickering).

Any other solutions or other programs like RP that are currently supported? RP is a great tool but since the author stopped adjusting it, it won't work well for newer games.

4. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    try the DFC instead.

the only other options are ATI Tray Tools, and D3DOverrider, and they are both REALLY busted...

5. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Yeah thanks, now the texture flickering is gone. Maybe the game's triple buff and the dynamic Vsync are conflicting each other. Rather have fixed 45fps than jumpy 45-60 fps I guess.
    Wish someone would continue to work on RP though :wanker:

6. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Perhaps if we are lucky, Raptr will add TB and DVS at some point.

7. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I'd like to look at implementing/creating an ambient occlusion profile for Pinball Arcade via RP. Anyone know the best place for me to start? I have literally no idea how to even think about creating one for it :/

8. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
  9. hopeful

hopeful Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Unfortunately not. It still reverts back to DX9 limited options however if you disable D3D advanced hooking in the General Settings, it does show those options.
    If I leave this globally enabled, how do I counter it for certain games that do require hooking?

I have to disable hooking/api to get Skyrim to run when using an ENB. I really could do with the overlay to see how much VRAM I am building up :/

This is no joke. I almost didn't come back to AMD because I used to use ATT/Radeon Pro and unfortunately they're great in their own right, but just don't provide me that flexibility and confidence that Inspector does. Plus Inspector sets profiles at a driver level and doesn't need to be running.

Thanks to the help of those here and John, my concerns aren't as grave and things are ok for the most part using RP now.

Can RP somehow manage frame pacing?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  10. spidermind79

spidermind79 Member

GPU:
    aorus extreme 1080ti
    guys sorry if i bother u, i've a very strange problem with rp 1.1.1.0 , in advanced tab, where i can set crossfirex disabled or normal etc, the line is blank..i can't set nothing now, neither global or single game profile new or existant, past days all normal i can set up now i can't..rp give me an error when i had company of heroes 2 , something regards profile not working correctly, and now that crossfireX bar is blank..i tried to uninstall rp 3 times but no luck, any help?

11. hopeful

hopeful Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Why does RP have a problem with elevated privileges?

12. iamgamefreak

iamgamefreak Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 265 Dual-X
    VRAM usage doesn't show up in OSD in some dx11 games like Titanfall. Did anyone face this issue ?

13. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    Fan control does not work with R7 260X (Catalyst 14.7).

Edit: I was able to find a workaround using scripts & CCC profiles.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  14. Shmaks

Shmaks Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
    Hi. Is there a resource where I can download all previous builds of RP? Thanks.

15. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56

16. Shmaks

Shmaks Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
  17. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
  18. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Hah, I'm actually in this boat. I bought a cheap 270 when my old card died and I'm ready to do a wholesale rig upgrade but now I've learned AMD's answer to Nvidia Inspector is for all intents and purposes dead in the water. Unfortunately this makes the decision on which brand to buy easy for me.

I'd been hoping to stick with AMD because they don't have a new driver version every other day that degrades performance or causes other problems (things you don't realize unless you have Nvidia card for any length of time -- the bulk of their driver releases are useless or detrimental) because RP not only centralizes tweaks but lets me add SweetFX.

All I can say is damn this sucks.

Anyway, sorry for cluttering this thread with more drama. I figure voicing my disappointment couldn't hurt since remaining silent rarely causes positive change.

19. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ?

rp still works fine..

20. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    Does anyone know if it is possible to enable ambient occlusion in F1 2013?
    Really want to run this game in stereoscopic 3D with atleast some shadows.

AMD and Tridef = no AA
    nVidia and 3d Vision = no shadows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.