RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Swinger2

Swinger2 Member

GPU:
    HD 7670M
    I can't send PMs to you yet.
    Yes, I use it. But I use win10 with russian language, will this be a problem?

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not a problem at all.

3. Swinger2

Swinger2 Member

GPU:
    HD 7670M
    id/// pass

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  4. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    New version doesn't work for me. Tells no AMD display driver found. Fury X- Cat 15.10.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The next version has improved display adapter detection. I'll release it soon.

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    My last comment on this to not derail this thread:

I think you are right on this specific point: the fact that the mirror driver is installed and not running (no current client connection) may not affects performance per se.

But you must manually re-enable Aero each time a remote client sessions ends because DWM is turned off to basic when a connection is established if the mirror driver is installed and it's not changed back to Aero automatically.

This make the use of the mirror driver unpractical in a gaming/multimedia(htpc) rig if we use a VNC software. :)

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Do all VNC act this way?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I never had this problem, it always turns back aero back on after disconnection. it should be just disabled for a open connection.

9. Tmfwow

Tmfwow Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
    Is there anywhere to see a list of all the options? Curious if GPU scaling is included.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Go here, For now Our Tweak is Based on My Tweak Research/experience
    All options are here (same is in Help in tweak BTW) ->

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=398484

11. Tmfwow

Tmfwow Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Also People Please read Help (click option in tweak and READ! )
    Everything I/we know is in Help eg.
    some people asked where to find Prerender Frames
    In Tweak section UMD is Option:
    "Main3D_DEF"="3" click Help and -> (Means CPU will compute 3 Frames ahead for GPU, here you can give 0,1,2,3,4,5 )

So Please read :D

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    As I told You Guys Before :banana:

Second Iteration of Special Edition Drivers Incoming from AMD in November – Will Include Significant Updates to Catalyst

Just under a year ago, AMD released its phenomenal ‘special edition’ Omega Drivers which introduced a plethora of new features as well as bug fixes. Just today, we have received confirmation (Via HWBattle.com) that AMD is indeed working on a brand new set of special edition drivers and will be releasing them around the same timeframe as well – that is to say, November.

AMD preparing another iteration of Special Edition drivers – landing in Novmeber

This year’s ‘special edition’ drivers are expected to launch at the same time as last year, according to the report. Which means that we are probably looking at AMD making this a regular thing with significant improvements to the catalyst driver build, delivered yearly. Although it does beg the question whether AMD would specifically delay significant updates just to cash in on the PR resulting from a yearly event. While we do not yet have details on what exactly the update will deliver this time, we do have previous year’s iteration to form a benchmark.

Omega Drivers 2014 had a very wide variety of new features, from support 4K Virtual Super Resolution, to 5K Support, to Multi Monitor and FreeSync updates. The driver also included updates for Tress FX 3.0, HSA 1.0, CUDA 2.0 and CodeXL 1.6 as well as Mantle. It is worth noting that the primary purpose of the drivers was to eliminate the disparity (that existed at the time) between GeForce and Catalyst drivers. Since there is pretty much no disparity between the GeForce and Catlayst drivers currently, it’s pretty difficult to ascertain just what AMD will be introducing this time around; and since the driver is being specifically packaged as a ‘special edition’ driver, I have to assume that it’s worth the hype.

The official agenda for the last special edition update was quality improvements, performance improvements and new features. Assuming the new special edition drivers are similar to the Omega drivers released in 2014 (in terms of agenda) the only thing that really comes to mind (caution: speculation) is improvements and features based on DX12. The new API is pretty much the next frontier when it comes to drivers. The rules of the games are changing and whoever wins this one will get an edge for the next few years. Since titles with DX12 support are pretty few and most of it is uncharted territory, this is the perfect point in time to optimize drivers.

This is sheer speculation here but AMD could also have managed to clean up the code a bit further – something they have been very successful at for the past year. For those interested, here is our exclusive interview with Sasa Marinkovic, the man leading the team behind the special edition drivers. Needless to say, these drivers will be a mus have for people with Radeons and even APUs.

Do keep in mind that ‘Omega’ was the codename of the previous year’s special edition drivers, so this year will probably have a different naming scheme – which could be just about anything. All we know at this point is that the new special edition drivers from AMD will be landing next month in November, bringing improvements for both GPUs and APUs across the board– so stay tuned.

14. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    as far as I know keys like abcd_DEF keep the default value for abcd key and are used to reset abcd key to default value.
    ex: "SurfaceFormatReplacements_DEF" is "1" because that's the driver default, if i click Defaults in CCC it will change "SurfaceFormatReplacements" to "31 00", I have Surface Format Optimization set to Off in CCC so the "SurfaceFormatReplacements" key is "30 00".

"FlipQueueSize" located in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\00XX\UMD\" is the equivalent for 'Max Frames to Render Ahead' from Nvidia. also it is posible that it doesn't work with some drivers (caps can change this value and u can find the caps in the .blb file and hardcoded in the .dll file (only amd knows why on earth those things need to be located in 2 places, from my point of view it's just another sign of the chaos that is going on with amd driver team)).

The one that wrote the article you quote has no idea about what he/she is talking about. It's obvious from this line for example: "Since there is pretty much no disparity between the GeForce and Catlayst drivers currently"

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  15. Tmfwow

Tmfwow Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
    Hello, in your original post about registry values I saw that you had the following "Main3D"=hex:30,00 (is Default ON and see Next) However for me the default was 33,00. I'm curious what state 33 is and if I you think I should set it to 30? I'm asking because I want to adjust my pre-rendered frames "Main3D_DEF" to 1 but I'm unsure of what "Main3D" should be since it differs from what you specified as default.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Main3D_Def i have 3
    The other one is Main3D_SET and here are the avaible options for above
    Target range for Maind3D_Def is 0-5 (i have 3) in another is like 30,31,32 etc. it's the same but in HEX
    Also that one where you have 30,00 means Default (3) as above Main3D_Def=3
    As far I know Radeon CAT registry entries, it's very often that 30,00 HEX means Default Driver.

The storage Info for this is in Main3D_SET
    "Main3D_SET"=hex:30,20,31,20,32,20,33,20,34,20,35,00 (when you open it in Reg.Editor you'll see in other window definition from 0-5)

So You can use:
    Main3D_Def=3
    Main3D=33,00 (HEX Value always 30,00 31,00 etc.)

And of course THX for the Tips :) We need more people with knowledge so the Tweak will be Better :banana:

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    =========
    No It's Here only read my post above.
    It has 3 entries in REG

"Main3D_SET"=hex:30,20,31,20,32,20,33,20,34,20,35, 00
    "Main3D_Def"=3
    "Main3D"=33,00 (HEX Value always 30,00 31,00 etc.)

And Yes Catalyst are lot less buggy than nV drivers, not Optimised like nV Yet YES
    I have NP with CAT since i have R280X (before that i have nV and before nV another Radeon :) and Next GPU will be Fury-X 100% )

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Updated to 0.0.11

Code:
    - 0.0.11 [28/10/2015] -

Improved some functions.

Fixed "Enable/Disable VSR".

Added support for mobile/switchable GPU's.
    Added "Other -> Apply/Remove DX9 Perf" for DX9 performance tweaks with mobile/switchable GPU's.
    Added Gamma/Brightness/Contrast values.
    Added more DXVA values.
    Added "Copy" to Driver Details.

Changed "Reset All Values" to "Restore Defaults"

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Nice application you got there. I wish you the best of luck with it !

20. Anvi

Anvi Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Enabled VSR, got notification that there's nothing about VSR in registry. Added anyway.

Restarted driver and checked CCC, but VSR option is still missing :(
    [​IMG]