RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The values look right, not sure about the GPU name though.

Thanks for that :)

2. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    I don't have the 3 Flip Queue options?
    Running 1.5.0 tool.
    290X CFX
    Crimson
    Win 10 64 bit.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Go to "Options" and uncheck "Show Real Names".

4. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Thank you sir. I bet AMD set every CFX profile to FQS 1 to reduce lag. But this increases CPU overhead. Good job we can override.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you see any real improvement using FQS 3 over 1 for CFX related to DX11 overhead performance?

I have 3 as default here in my CFX.

6. Falcy

Falcy Member

GPU:
    1060 @2.1/4.8
    @theoneofgod Is there any possibility to add the +50% powerlimit in this software?

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  8. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    Can I also change predefened crossfire profiles with this? Latest crimson murdered my Fallout3/NV and Skyrim enb experience by denying any change in the profiles of those games :(

9. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    With my HD6950, in Crimson it doesn't show any Shader Cache option, under Global or the individual game profiles but RadeonMod shows it as 0x3100.

10. z8373767

z8373767 Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    Use regedit to find ShaderCache_NA.

:)

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    This will be added for the next version as it seems to be a common issue with Radeon Settings.
    Thanks.

12. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Who's the author of this program?

I've been using flipqueue size for ages and I know for a fact that it is NOT adjusting the flip queue size, at least for DirectX 9 !

What exactly does "main3d" do?
    Is this a directx 10 setting?

Load up radeon pro and check the flip queue size setting there.
    Notice it does not correspond with the Main3D setting?

Also notice that the variable "FlipQueueSize" still works and actually does change the flipqueuesize in directX 9.

The easiest way to test this is in Elder Scrolls oblivion main menu.
    With flipqueuesize set to 1 (the string variable FlipQueueSize=1 or Binary FlipQueueSize set to 31 00), the mouse will be perfectly smooth in the main menu (this is best checked with a blur reduction method like ULMB or benq blur reduction or a CRT).

The default value of FlipQueuesize of 3, or the binary 33 00 will make the mouse pointer look like it's lagging.

I'm not sure what the default value is anymore because if you REMOVE the variable FlipQueueSize from the registry, the mouse is smoother, but not as smooth as flipqueuesize of 1.
    I'm not sure if Crimson is using a default value of 2 or not. I have to check The Witcher 2 main menu, as you can see some framerate oddness with the flip queue size set to 1 or 2 (the mouse is smooth at flip queue size=1 in witcher 2 main menu)

Always use these checks with Vsync enabled.

Another check is Path of Exile. Anything besides the default FQS value of 3 causes strange framerate issues with vsync on.

Main 3D is having absolutely no effect at all in Oblivion main menu.
    FlipQueueSize is still doing what it always did in Oblivion, however the default value is bad now (33 00 or 3). Not having any value at all is better (the true default, not 3), seems like AMD definitely changed it. It's still not perfect at the default (blank) value, but FlipQueueSize=1 or 31 00 is glass smooth mouse cursor.

But changing the Main3D setting doesn't do anything on Oblivion.

It doesn't seem like flip queue size of 33 00 (the old FlipQueueSize=) value is default anymore, because if I add this and set it to 33 00, or 3, Oblivion mouse pointer is very stutter (just like it was in pre-crimson drivers). I'll have to check Witcher 2.

Another way to test if flipqueuesize or main3D is working is to use the very old "GPUTOOL" graphics test. The framerate will be about 30% lower with flip queue size set to 1. However this test will lock newer AMD cards to max GPU clocks and prevent downclocking as well as cause very slow direct3D refresh rate changes (almost as if the video driver had previously crashed). it's the exact same "issue" that happened with GPU-Z before it was updated to support 290X video cards on release...it was 'polling a register it was not supposed to poll."

*edit* just checked Witcher 2 main menu.
    Looks like Witcher 2 is not responding to either FlipQueueSize or Main3D. I Tried every possible value. the Mouse is perfectly smooth no matter what I choose.

In pre crimson drivers, the mouse was smooth at flip queue size 1 and jerky at the default value (or with it removed from the registry).

Going to try Path of Exile.

AND.....................

JUST LIKE I THOUGHT!

Crimson is using a default Flip Queue Size of *2* in the driver instead of 3!

Just ran FRAPS and turned on path of exile's framerate counter.
    Turned on Vsync. (100hz refresh rate).

Fraps reported 100 fps flat.
    Path of exile FPS counter was oscillating between 91 fps to 100 fps (Outside in Ebony Barracks), even though Fraps didn't report it. It also felt like it wasn't exactly at 100 fps...(almost like there was very slight jitter. you can't detect this without a strobed backlight/CRT/blur reduction monitor, however!)

In the town of Sarn, Path of exile was going between 77 fps to 100 fps rapidly.
    Fraps said it was 100 fps, like it didn't think anything was wrong. (this was definitely detectable whether or not blur reduction were on or off!)

This is exactly what happened in my old FlipQueueSize tests with Path of Exile (back when supersampling override still worked in the driver in this game).

Main3D and Main 3D set had absolutely no effect.

When I manually set FlipQueueSize=3 in the registry under UMD, Path of exile's FPS counter was back at 100 fps flat. Glass smooth, matching FRAPS.

Not sure what' going on with Witcher 2, however. I Guess driver changes gave it a different flip queue value, as no matter what value I use in the registry, the mouse is smooth in the main menu.
    When I used to test it months ago, Flip queue size of 3 had a jittery mouse but FPS was steady and FPS reported 100 fps flat on the main menu.
    With Flip Queue Size of 1, the mouse was glass smooth, but FRAPS kept showing the FPS going from 100 to 99 rapidly.

----------------

So if you play Path of Exile, please use the OLD variable and set FlipQueueSize to 3 (NOT Main3D). If you don't, you're going to have erratic performance.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I am. I'll do some tests and add it FlipQueueSize to the next version. Thanks for the detailed post.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Thats becouse RadeonPRO using D3D Hook and Our Tweak is based on Radeon Orig. Registry settings.
    And perhaps it is valid only for DX10,11,12 not for old DX8/9 games.
    Also i didn't notice that kind of settings anywhere in registry, besides Main3D.
    We need D3D/Ogl hook now, not Registry hook...

15. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    What does 3D_Refresh_Rate_override do?

16. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Overrides the current refresh rate (monitor) in 3D applications. Say you have 144Hz. If a game is locked at 100Hz, you can now force 144Hz, just like on the Nvidia driver.

17. 01theracer

01theracer New Member

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Hey guys,
    Can anyone tell how can we enable dynamic Vsync through Radeonmod? I've seen two Vsync Options in "UMD" tab but don't know what to change exactly. Like the Nvidia "Adaptive Vsync". I used Nvidia before and have gotten used to it, and AMD doesn't offer any equivalent.

18. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Cool, thanks, it shows up now :)

19. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    I tried this on Fifa 16 and it doesn't seem to work? Anyone else have much luck with this?

20. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Wrote about Flip queue size in this topic here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5178923#post5178923 but I was totaly ignored...