1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon VII (Vega 7nm) - Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Turbogear

Turbogear Member

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    I am new to the forum here from Germany but not new to Guru3d. I visit this cite every day. :D
    I will receive my Radeon VII tomorrow.
    I ordered a Sapphire one shortly after release at Mindfactory which is one of very popular online shops here. All cards were sold out at their website within first hour.
    They were the only onces who were selling it in range of 730-750€. The other online stores sold it for 830-850€!:confused:

I contacted EKWB support team regarding water block for Radeon VII. They told me unfortunately they are not curently making one but may release one in a few months. :(

I hope somebody else will release one soon.

Like my Vega 64 that I water cooled with EKWB, I am looking to do that for Radeon VII.
    My Vega 64 is tuned with undervolt at 1085mV and the clock slider bumped to 2.5%. I am getting on Vega 64 always stable clocks in range of 1670MHz in most of the games. I have been running these setting on that since I got that card in 2017.

Kaarme and OnnA like this.
  2. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green

That was a very helpful video to see what Radeon VII should be capable of once drivers and software are more stable for everyone.

Embra, Undying and OnnA like this.
  3. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    Mine shipped today. Says it will be in on the 13th. Does me no good till I can get a water block though lol

4. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    Cool, I got a tracking number today too. Hopefully the DP to DVI adapters come soon. Forgot I needed them with old monitors that need updating.

What displays is everyone using with this card? I'm thinking 1440p 144Hz would be good.

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    Clearly the huge amount of memory bandwidth is being used as a crutch, another reason it's lazy. 7nm is being used as a crutch to simply overclock. It boils down to buzzwords, "first 7nm GPU!", "1TB memory bandwidth!", "16BG of VRAM, look at these games that use over 10 GB!". Meanwhile I'd say architecture wise from the competition it's an answer to the old GTX 1080 Ti (finally), a GPU that uses G5X and 16nm.
    NVidia CEO thinks it's more insulting to say it doesn't have RTX, while everyone continues to laugh at him. It's more depressing comparing the VII to the 1080Ti...

6. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    Yes I have a FedEx tracking number for my VII. Should arrive on the 14th by end of day. I took free ground shipping.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    23.15m & 25.58m

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD

Valken likes this.
  9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    As I'd said I would, I did!;)
    [​IMG]

Maddness, Embra, Undying and 7 others like this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Grats bro :D
    Make some good UV.

11. G13Homi

G13Homi Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 2x xfx
    @mikeysg niiiice, but as others have said here already, does me no good until somebody gets me my damn waterblock already!!!

12. IcePole

IcePole New Member

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16GB
    Congratulations! Curious to know what your undervolt lands on!

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    That's pretty dirty from those other stores, considering the VAT in Germany is only 19% to boot. They are basically pocketing the difference knowing there's a bunch of people who will want to buy immediately as long as the price isn't ridiculously bloated (like over 1000 euros). So, they just add a "moderate" 100 euros to the realistic price. Considering even over here with our 24% VAT it's sold, at least theoretically since there's no stock, for under 800, over 800 in Germany is pure greed.

14. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I want to see this with full unlocked power usage... :D But really good GPU for content developers. I hope Fine Wine will come thru for AMD.

15. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    I am using the Acer XF270HU which is 1440p144. Great monitor. I believe it has been replaced by the XF270HUA if your are looking for a great freesync display

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Anyone else with this card having issue? I cannot install driver on both my rigs, one with an i7 4770K + ASRock Z87 Extreme 6, and the other is an i7 3960X + Asus Rampage IV Extreme. The former resulting in an 'Unknown AMD hardware' error message, the latter with an endless 'Checking for new driver' message. Both are result of my opting for 'Custom Install' option, IF I choose 'Express Install', I get a short install of some components (not the entire suite), Microsoft generic display driver is used, no sign of the AMD display driver

17. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    My card won't be here for a few more days, but I'm guessing wrong driver version. Does the VII come with a driver disc?

I'll report back when my turn comes.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Try this:
    -> https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-2nd-generation-vega/amd-radeon-2nd-generation-vega/amd-radeon-vii

19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Hey thanks! Weird, I think 19.2.1 has two versions, one with driver dated Feb 01, 2019 and the other has a driver version dated Feb 05. 2019. I had been trying to use the former to install, hence the failure.....was thinking I'd gotten a dud. The latter driver installed without a hitch....

Undying likes this.
  20. tarot

tarot Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Vega 64
    Lavcat likes this.