Radeon VII (Vega 7nm) - Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jan 20, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Radeon VII 16GB HBM2 -> 2nd Generation Vega
    VII stands for -> Vega 2nd Gen or 7nm
    Or my Name Vega Se7eN

Chart is about the stock voltages, each chip (Radeon VII) is binned differently.
    You can check out this Google Docs sheet where people list their defaults (OC/UV/tW).

-> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iim9e_ejX3nkgxLIZ3vLu1seQ1m0lDTKUhClJpAO-Gk/edit#gid=0

GDDR/HBM/HBM2 Mem Timing Tweaker !

-> https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-memory-tweak-read-modify-timings-on-the-fly.426435/
    New Version is here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5123724.0

List of Valid Voltage for Radeon VII & Vega + Older GCN (GPU & VRAM)
    0. 968,975,981,987,993,1000,1006,1012,1018,1025,1031,1037,1043,1050,1056,1062,1068 etc.

[​IMG]

OverdriveN Tool with Vega 2 support.

Here is 0.2.8 beta11 with Vega 2 support.

Radeon VII users: To avoid GPU values revert back on apply GPU minimum should be equal or lower than GPU P1 MHz and GPU Maximum should be equal or higher than GPU P3 MHz.

======================================
    Tech. specs:

Architecture
    -
    Vega uArch. second generation.
    Chip: Vega 20
    Die Size: 334 mm²
    Transistors: 13,200 million

Manufacturing Process
    7 nm

Stream Processors -
    TMUs - 240
    ROPs - 64
    Next-Gen CUs (nCUs) - 60

Core Clock:
    1450 MHz
    Boost Clock: 1800 MHz
    Memory: 16 GB HBM2 (4 stacks at ~1TB/s)
    Memory Bus: 4096-bit
    Memory Bandwidth: 1 TB/s
    External Power Supply: 8 + 8 Pin
    TDP: 264 or 220tW (same as Vega 1st Gen)

Interface:
    PCIe 3.0 x16, PCIe 4.0 x16
    Connectors: 1x HDMI, 3x DisplayPort
    Dimensions: 268mm (2 Slot)
    =======================================

Release Date:
    February 7th, 2019
    Price: $699 US

Three Games Included with AMD Radeon™ VII Graphics Card Purchase

With AMDs ‘Raise the Game Fully Loaded’ bundle, AMD is offering gamers complimentary PC versions of the highly anticipated games:
    Resident Evil™ 2
    Devil May Cry™ 5
    Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2

with the purchase of an eligible AMD Radeon™ VII graphics card or Radeon™ VII powered PC.
    Stay tuned for more information on the program and where to buy at:
    www.amd.com/raisethegame.

Vega VII OC/UV Benchmark
    I've added Vega 1st gen LiQuiD for comparison.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    MaestroBayten and GSDragoon like this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Power with UV & OC UV (BIOS at 264tW no Dual BIOS for RVII)

How to update to new BIOS?
    -Download bios file (x64)

-Unzip in a folder like c:
    -Open CMD as administrator
    -Run the exe file from above location in CMD
    It will show the update progress and ask for restart your system at the end

-> https://www.amd.com/en/support/radeonvii-vbios-eula

==
    AMD Radeon VII Chilling & Undervolting

-> https://www.hardocp.com/article/2019/02/24/amd_radeon_vii_chilling_undervolting/

Alphacool Radeon VII waterblock:
    -> https://www.aquatuning.us/detail/index/sArticle/24452

RTG Radeon Tweaker Group
    -> https://www.tomshw.de/2019/02/27/rt...aks-fuer-neueinsteiger-und-profis-igorslab/4/

==
    Unlimited PowaH by @hellm
    -> https://www.overclock.net/forum/67-amd/1633446-preliminary-view-amd-vega-bios-32.html#post27847568

Download -> MorePowerPPT (ZIP)
    Download -> EvenMorePower PPT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    MaestroBayten likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Power tW with UV !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Clock Vs Clock with Vega 64
    (Vega VII has less Compute GFX Units so it is Better overall)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    The Division 2 DX12 Performance Will Be Great Thanks to Better Use of Async Compute, Says Ubisoft Massive

Ubisoft is known to switch it up when it comes to partnerships with AMD or NVIDIA. For instance, Tom Clancy’s The Division was optimized for NVIDIA hardware on PC, featuring enhancements such as HBAO+, PCSS, and HFTS.
    However, for The Division 2 (due on March 15th), Ubisoft revealed a while ago to have partnered with AMD and now we’ve learned a bit more of the developer’s focus on optimization.

Speaking to German website PCGamesHardware, Ubisoft Massive Technical Director Calle Lejdfors revealed that
    The Division 2 will feature improved DX12 performance thanks mainly to better use of the Asynchronous Compute technique, which is known to be a strength of AMD GPUs across the board.

Yes, we are still very much supporting DX12 and in TCTD2, DX12 performance over DX11 should be even better. This is in large part due to us making better use of Async Compute to parallelize more graphics work to ensure maximal GPU utilization.
    When it comes to DX12 performance, we are not pulling any punches and will make use of all tools in the toolbox. The only thing we do not yet have is variable rate shading, but rest assured that is an active area of research for future performance improvements.

Lejdfors then discussed the improvements made to the graphics engine and to the procedural destruction technology for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2.

We have improvements to the engine in more ways that I can possibly remember. Among the stand-outs are support for GIS and LIDAR data, allowing us to use real-world data like that used in GPS’s to reconstruct Washington DC accurately.
    We updated the render pipeline to support HDR displays and, while doing so, also changed the internal lighting model leading to more accurate, better looking visuals. We also added support for great looking water, terrain, reflections, skin shading, fog/volumetrics, better skies, etc.

The core of the fully procedural destruction tech remains very similar. We will make sure that destruction for The Division 2 is more consistent and that everything can be shot at and will break in an appropriate way.
    I wish we could take it even further, but the online aspects of The Division 2 put some physical speed-of-light type limitations on what we can realistically do.
    For example, sending enough data to accurately represent large scale destruction events is simply not feasible due to the lack of end-user bandwidth for most users.

Last but not least, he vowed that there will be substantial improvements on two thorny issues of the first The Division game: cheating and lag.

We are taking cheating very seriously, and if there is something we have learned running The Division live it is that effective anti-cheat is something that needs to be considered at every step of the development process.
    For The Division 2, we are taking great care to strengthen our cheat detection. I cannot go into extensive details, but we will have more accurate server-side tracking, better technology for dealing with individual skills, and improvements to client-side tamper detection.
    A lot of these efforts have the added bonus of also improving lag and overall tolerance of network behavior.

Issues generally classified as “netcode” can be due to a large variety of sources, and going into details how we are combatting those different problems is not possible.
    However, I can say that we are looking at everything from how skills are constructed on the design-side to using alternative network protocols to make the situation be drastically better this time around.

The Division 2 is getting a beta test from February 7th to 11th, available for those who pre-order the game or are lucky enough to be randomly invited into the test.

[​IMG]

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I hope they aren't sold out before I even get to read a review. I'm definitely in the market for a good 4K GPU right now. I couldn't pass up selling my pair of GTX 1080 Ti GPUs for close to what I bought them at new back in Spring of 2017.

Maddness and OnnA like this.
  7. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I agree, I'm also considering one. I've held onto my RX480 for long enough. Waiting on Hilberts review, hopefully he has it on the 7th for us to read (i'm sure he does). Just in time for Metro Exodus.

Radeon 7 plus my 4k LG OLED = Gaming Heaven

8. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6950XT
    It seems I have to get one. Can always sell it when Navi comes. Vega 64 has served me well, but extra performance does not hurt at all..

Maddness and OnnA like this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ASRock is the first board partner showing its Radeon VII.

It is true, there are no custom designs yet. Rumor has it, there won’t be any in the coming weeks.
    It appears AMD did not provide enough time for the development for such designs.

ASRock’s Radeon VII Phantom Gaming is basically a reference model with PG stickers, but it might also have a custom backplate, something ASRock is really into.

The design of the box has changed since Radeon RX 500 series.
    A red stripe now surrounds the box to make sure this is indeed a Radeon card, no matter the viewing angle.
    The packaging also features Vega II logo which we have seen in patent filings.

It also mentions the 7nm fabrication process, 16GB HBM2 memory and >1 TB/s of bandwidth.
    AMD is also advertising FreeSync 2 HDR technology.

AMD Radeon VII will launch on February 7th for 699 USD.
    This is likely the fastest Radeon graphics card till Navi architecture arrives.

[​IMG]

Maddness likes this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Radeon™ VII Graphics: Pure Performance. Extreme Gaming.

Radeon™ VII graphics are designed for pure performance, allowing gamers to dominate games by turning on max settings to get extreme framerates at the highest resolutions.
    As the world’s first 7nm gaming GPU, Radeon™ VII takes graphics design to the next level.
    With 16GB of 2nd generation HBM2 memory, Radeon™ VII graphics deliver forward-looking technology to advanced, next-generation games with ultra high quality visuals.
    Groundbreaking 1 TB/s memory bandwidth paves the way for ultra high resolution textures, hyper-realistic settings and life-like characters to bring graphics-intensive gaming to life.

-> http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=653DD044-C784-46AC-AFF4-84881431E725&lang=eng

[​IMG]

Maddness likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  13. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That really is good if it can match the 2080. I really didn't see them doing that well tbh.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    DX11.1 Mixed bag
    DX12 Win for Vega
    VLK Win for Vega
    Quality, HBM2 16GB, Good matured drivers, FreeSync w/HDR, Low latency gaming.
    With Vega VII is more like a Bias, if You like ATI -> Go for it :D

Im waitnig for UV Tests with hefty HBM OC ;)
    In the end, VII will perform better than V64 LC at lower tW.

So if i have ~180tW in BFV Multi (70 FPS FreeSync), on VII You'll have it at 130-150tW (or better w/UV -> Peak/Spike in mind not Average, on average i have all PC at ~115tW)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  15. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I like your thinking OnnA.

16. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I was going to split my 2 vega 64 and put 1 in my sons rig. But maybe i will ebay one and go for one of the xfx models. Ive already got the lg 4k freesync display. My wallet is burning already.

Maddness likes this.
  17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I have 3 VEGA 64's, and a GTX 1080, perhaps I should sell the GTX 1080 and get a Vega II......

Undying and G13Homi like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    @G13Homi
    @mikeysg
    @Maddness

Thanks to people like You we have Vega 7nm ;)
    AMD/ATI have their own peek into their sales :D They know that VEGA VII will sale like creazy.

Last but not least, Your sale goes to second Hand owners that have FreeSync (or they want to buy one)
    People don't wanna husle, they need to Plug&Play and have FreeSync like it should BE.

Besides only Radeon have HDR FreeSync 2 FREE (minimum 400Nits up to 1000 to pass specs.)
    1440p 144Hz Quantum-Dot HDR w/FreeSync 2 on sale ~400-500€ (Yes this old good Sammie 27" ;) )

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    INSTG8R likes this.
  19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    How do you like your Vega 64 Liquid over a regular Vega? It looks like they can be easily 10-15% better performance in many games (at 4K)?

20. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I'll be picking one up for no other reason but to make sure I support AMD.

Undying, Maddness and OnnA like this.