1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.3 Beta/WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    Yeah, still unpatiencely waiting for a crossfire driver which don't let my system crash with a black screen on two Vega's in W10.

2. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 GX 8GB
    Update: I've noticed something much worse happening on this card related to that bug. Some threads before, when I complained that I couldn't hold a small OC anymore and you pointed that latest drivers have a greater vdrop. I failed to notice that the desktop crash issues (artifacts, and then driver restart or bsod with screen corruption) I was having are related to high voltage problems (instead of missing OC headroom due to vdrop) on later drivers that are triggered when a OC is applied over the driver. 3D still remaining stable under old settings was a good hint that the problem was elsewhere.

This card is stock 1303/2000 at only 1.043V, a high ASIC that doesn't seem to like high voltage. I've tested all 3 bios releases for this card without a change to the following problem.
    With current drivers, other than those 1.143V spikes under DXVA (that also occur back to the 17.4.4 whql I'm testing now), there's a nasty bug that triggers a constant 1.143-1.168V while playing video (or similar load) when there's any OC set above defaults. The bug seems to go back at least from 17.7.x, and happens the moment an OC is applied, even if only for +1 MHz on GPU.

Doesn't seem OC software related, as it happens when setting clocks with MSI AB (beta 16 and 19), MSI Gaming APP, in-driver Wattman with manual OC (changing last p-state) or via overall OC % on all p-states. This GPU seems very prone to crash at such prolonged use of high voltages, and the problem becomes even worse when something else makes access of the card due to 3D acceleration while in this state, even if for an instant via a browser tab and then memory goes full speed causing a crash. On more demanding videos that set clocks the same as 3D (gpu/vram), the card will crash seconds after opening them with mpc-hc. This bug might just be annoying on a regular card, but having any OC randomly forcing an unstable 1.168V on a ASIC that usually operates at 1.018-1.043V stock makes it impossible to OC for daily use, and to make it worse, any voltage set on AB will add to that peak value.
    The bug is not present on 17.4.4 (haven't checked later driver to see where it starts). 17.10.1 still have it.

This is really frustrating when coming from a previous 7970 with CGN 1.0 UVD bug, only to replace it with a new AMD card and later be faced with another driver related power state bug, that in this particular high ASIC card will even cause crashes under desktop use when any OC is applied.

Update 2: I've tested older driver sets, and the constant high voltage problem when playing videos started with 17.7.2; 17.7.1 whql was the last driver that wasn't affected and makes it possible to use any sort of OC on this card.

Update 3: The new Fall Update Beta driver seems to fix the high asic overvolting problem while playing video.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Well and they still failed to find a solution...
    The fact that is an older problem doesn't actually make it better. It make it look worst...
    When I'll been in the mood I'll look at how the powerplay table look for a 69xx. Never owned one so no real reason to look at it.

Wonder when they will actually manage to fix those problems...
    Your case is kinda the reason I don't really consider AMD for the next gpu.

Offtopic. Don't get my wrong but I got tired to try to fix the problems with the ATI/AMD gpus. How unlucky can I be to end up with 4 ATI/AMD gpus that all needed some sort of vbios edit to somehow fix some of the problem they have... Sure I learn new things, but I learn them by force not cause I actually want to...

rafaelluik likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I feel like the whql 17.9.3 is the best driver my video card has run since getting this card.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    This one is Best for WinX CU Fall update 1709 :D
    FH3 performance is just Great, better than earlier WinX 16xx
    Every game runs so smooth now, IMO they add some goodies for FreeSync Users ;)

Here ->

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    HK-1, pooley and Jackalito like this.
  6. geko95gek

geko95gek Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 8970M 4GB
    I've been on 17.5.1 for ages now and it doesn't have the UVD bug either! My clocks + temps go up and down perfectly.

7. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    My GPU is constant 100%, even in Windows. Did a clean install. (MSI RX 480) Weird...

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Maybe you got yourself a virus.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    So far best driver for me :D
    Stability = 10
    Performance = 10
    OC/Tweaking = 9

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  10. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Strix Vega 64
    Yeap.. Best driver ever

11. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Pretty good on my card also.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Wolfenstein II TNC Older Driver Tweak ! (for those who wanna play Forza also ;) )

First you need New Vulkan from new Driver e.g. 17.11.1
    Then Install it.
    Then make 2 Reg files for you to merge:
    NewDriver.reg and Backup.reg (you done playing Wolf II? merge backup.reg FAST & Furious by Ne01 :p)

NewDriver.reg:
    ===
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]

"ReleaseVersion"="17.40.1031-171102a-320046C-CrimsonReLive"
    "BuildNumber"="09700"
    "RadeonSoftwareEdition"="Crimson ReLive"
    "RadeonSoftwareVersion"="17.11.1"
    "DriverDateData"=hex:00,80,ae,86,6d,53,d3,01
    "DriverDate"="11-2-2017"
    "DriverVersion"="23.20.788.0"

====
    Backup.reg:
    ====

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]

"ReleaseVersion"="17.30.1091.1011-170922a-318503C-CrimsonReLive"
    "BuildNumber"="09700"
    "RadeonSoftwareEdition"="Crimson ReLive"
    "RadeonSoftwareVersion"="17.9.3"
    "DriverDateData"=hex:00,c0,be,bb,35,33,d3,01
    "DriverDate"="9-22-2017"
    "DriverVersion"="22.19.677.257"