Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Sep 21, 2017.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    The interface doesnt affect your perfomance.

RzrTrek likes this.
  2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The benefit of moving to UHD is that all the AA modes are rendered irrelevant, and are no longer needed. I was frustrated with trying to get this mode or that mode to work in my games, either on AMD or NVIDIA. Overrides usually work, but not always, and some game's built-in AA modes are sub-optimal in performance compared to driver modes. So I was done dealing with AA and invested in a UHD monitor.

You may wish to consider it.

wuest3nfuchs and BAZOKA1942 like this.
  3. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    No issues here.

4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nope, maxed out everything, 2560x1080, perfect smoothness and fluidity. I didn't expect that. Perfect game. Great driver support. Check your system, OC, or format.

Nothing here, to be sure like me, go and max out your filtering quality settings, AF and disable cheap AMD's format surface optimizations. Perfect quality in any game.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    "RzrTrek said:
    Anyone else having stutter in Project Cars 2 with this driver?"

How much system RAM do you have? Stutter can come from maxed RAM resources, pagefile smashing, or try changing your FlipQueue to 1. (RadeonMod)

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I've got 16GB (3200MHz) and pagefile enabled on my SSD, but I will check out the Radeon mod.

7. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    how are working this drivers with project cars 2? i have random crashes with 17.5.1 at stock ckocks

8. wotan

wotan Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 390Pcs+8GB
    for me and my r9 390 ...17.8.2 works best on P Cars 2 ;)

9. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    So theres no need for AA on a UHD Monitor ,if i understood that correctly !?

If so, thank you for sharing !

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    More pixels reduces the "stepping" of geometry aliasing but it doesn't remove it although it's individual how much this bothers you, for newer games shaders and effects also have their own drawback such as shimmering which is very hard to combat effectively.

I can still see visible aliasing in native 3840x2160 images for example though the extra pixels certainly helps, downsampling really works too (Particularly with either FXAA or SMAA or if supported TAA.) but for a 3840x2160 image a 150% resolution boost (~2x) is 5760x3240 and full out 200% (~4x) is 7680x4320 so that's going to take it's toll on almost any GPU too.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Correct. You can turn off all your MSAA or Supersampling. On occasion I experiment with some temporal AA options to deal with some edging issues with lighting, but these post-process options are very low resource hits. Also, when you have UHD, AMD disables VSR. (At least on my 390)

Some games, like the new Forza, have Pixel scaling options to do a form of Supersampling internally. An example of this is that I saw a video of 8K Performance on Vega64, where scaling was set to 200%, running on a 4K screen. Is it necessary? Not IMO.

However, so far I haven't seen the need to enable any antialiasing in the games that I play, including SW: Battlefront, SWTOR, Conan: Exiles, Dragon Age: Inquisition, etc. So upgrading to the higher resolution allows to me recoup some performance from disabling AA. I can play Rise of the Tomb Raider on a mix of High and Ultra settings and maintain a 40-60 fps range throughout the game. Since I expanded my FreeSync range down to 34-60, my gameplay is very smooth, and low input lag, enabling me to have a very pleasant 4K experience on my 390.

I still want to get a Vega56 tho. :)

EDIT: Also note my 28" UHD panel has a dot pitch of .16mm so this helps too.

wuest3nfuchs likes this.
  12. Mamel

Mamel Guest

GPU:
    SapphireRadeon HD7870 2GB
    Is my card dead because of these drivers? (well, part of it?)

I just moved from whql 17.7.2 to 17.9.2 and I think it somehow fried something on my gpu...
    Got Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB which I obtained from RMA'ing my previous one (faulty capacitors) about 3 years ago.

Instalation procedure:
    DDU on safe mode -> reboot -> installation of 17.9.2 -> reboot

Everything was fine for first 30 seconds but then some random artifacts started showing up on desktop, so I played random youtube clip to see if same thing occurs.
    After a couple of seconds screen showed some serious artifacts for split second + looped last 0.2 seconds sound of video (http://i.imgur.com/SJzIw.jpg like this) and then screen went dark.
    After reboot I noticed 2 vertical discoloured stripes on bios startup screen and after that windows failed to boot (black screen, nothing).
    Reboot, stripes are still there, on bios configuration they look like this: https://i.imgur.com/EQ0HyK7.jpg and that was when I was 95% sure something has happened to my hardware.

With last glimmers of hope (those last 5%) I tried:
    safe mode -> ddu ->reboot -> back to 17.7.2 -> stripes still there cant boot normal mode
    clr cmos
    flashing bios
    dismantle and clean every part of pc

and now Im in normal mode without drivers with this https://i.imgur.com/Ugu0Qex.jpg on my screen.

Oven time?

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    ΝΟ.

Maybe your GPU is dead, but NOT by the drivers, its pretty old card, so yeah...

14. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Both me and my friend have the same issue with 17.9.2 and also 17.9.3 on R9 270X (we both have the same cards). Working just fine on 17.9.1. What GPU do u have?

15. wuest3nfuchs

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    Would you be so nice and could you tell me which UHD monitor/panel do you use...and yes preferable a sapphire Vega56 nitro+ ;)

And btw your post made me smile and made my day , UHD here i come !

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I have a Samsung UE510. It's 4K, 10bit (1bil colors), TN, 60Hz, FreeSync of 40-60 fps range. Comes with DP1.2 cable. Picked it up at Costco for $299. If you decide to get this, enable Group View in MagicAngle, and you'll need to calibrate the colors. Be more than happy to share settings.

I have a mini-review in the Monitors section.

wuest3nfuchs likes this.
  17. wuest3nfuchs

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
  18. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    I read that it has a nasty input lag. Have you tried some shooters, CSGO, Overwatch? Other than that it looks great for the price.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The UE590 is like the UE510, but has a couple of additional features. (PIP 2.0 for example) The panels will be the same. The descriptions given on that site show a current revision of that model.

There are different settings for latency in the menus, and I have mine on Fastest. I've done some pvp with no issues, other than I suck. :)

20. wuest3nfuchs

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    THX for beeing so helpful and informative !