Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    EDID overrides bug still present half the time.

Reported it again.

Other then that, no issues with the driver. Have no don the creators update yet. Gonna do that tomorrow.

2. Pholostan

Pholostan Guest

GPU:
    390X 8GB
    I have a 390X and if I try to set an overclock in Wattman it snaps back to defaults again a half a second or so after I press apply.

Probably has to do with the known issue:

3. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Dunno but fraps broke too.. :(

4. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    There is something fishy in these drivers or combination with creator's update. Used DDU to install them, all fine, tried a couple of games and they work, but video players are another thing - neither Splash, nor MPC work. EVR Custom preset giving DX9 errors, MadVR an error it can't query modes, movies are all jagged up... tried to put some older ddls in both MatVR and MPC folders but changed nothing...
    And yeah tried to update DX9 web install, it said I have newer version and quit.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't think the web installer of DirectX is going to work, think you need the full version which is also newer. (Though still old.)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109

No idea why but a number of D3D related .dll files are omitted from the default Windows versions and this is still a requirement.

Though almost every game on Steam now uses this runtime so if you've run one of those it should have installed that as part of the initial install procedure already.

6. DrunkenDonkey

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    Installed, but that changed nothing :( Everything was working before creators + these drivers...

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They are working fine here. Even Wattman was working with 17.4.1. I hope they bring it back actually, it made Clockblocker not needed.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We don't even have proper damn NORMAL and HALF Vsync yet. WTF.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Would this be what causes my screen to lose signal?

When it happens the screen turns off and doesn't come back unless I turn my pc off.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    And BF4 on Creators UPD. + New 17.4.x ?
    im on 17.1.2 WHQL now, and BF4 working only in Mantle (as for Full screen)

:eatme2:

UPD.

Working NP in DX11.1 with Reshade, but to do this you need to Disable Game Mode and Restart !

Uff, I don't need it anyways cuz' im using P.Lasso and i have 8/16 CPU :chainsaw:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I doubt it but it wouldnt hurt to try a custom resolution with CRU with lower or higher HZ then native.

I need the EDID over rides for CRU to work.

Im native 2560x1080 60hz, but I like to run 2560x1080 80hz, 3440x1440 80hz and 3840x1600 70hz. .

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Troll mode on.

No such problem here. It must be something at your end. :infinity:

This driver is absolutely flawless. There's nothing wrong with it.

If you're expecting a 2 year old GPU to function flawlessly, you've sadly mistaken. You should consider the RX 480.

/S

12. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I've had issues with my monitor losing signal *sometime* but not always when playing games once I upgraded to a 144hz monitor. I have not found a real solution. All I could find was that my GPU's voltage influenced how often it happened (higher voltage made it happen more often).

To get my signal back, I can either turn off my monitor, wait a few seconds, turn it back on (kind of a reset) or unplug/replug the cable connecting the monitor.
    You can test it and see if that works for you. After doing I'm typically back to normal.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    hahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I'm glad you saw the lighter side of things. But seriously, if companies, regardless whether it's AMD or nvidia keeps screwing us over providing technical support like necessary driver updates just to keep us in line for their expected upgrade cycle, that's when as consumers we must take a stand. Though if you have a **** ton of $$$ then you shouldn't be reading this.

After exchanging emails and like having 5 closed support tickets, Sapphire was kind enough to send me a custom Bios for the Fury card at work which has gotten rid of 95% of my problems. I think all is not lost, you just have to find the right path, and continue to pester people.

15. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    We don't ánymore have contrast and brightness options under additional settings. I have been searching alternative solution. I have finally found it. I use gamma panel and adjust contrast. Then hide it. Then adjusting correct gamma settings via quick gamma. Somehow gamma panel just messing other settings and not getting correct values. Not sure if I need re-adjust each boot but atleast something :) Its just small adjustment I have to do but I have been using same settings years so I will notice slight differency without it.

Close enough?
    [​IMG]

Goo

16. Jouven

Jouven Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro OC
    Been having that same problem for years, since I started having combinations of monitors over 60hz, it started when I got my first 120hz one and hasn't stopped, but it's kinda rare, like the monitors would turn on after some standby period and like 10-30 seconds or so after one will lose signal, it's always the same one. I have two monitors currently, one DVI and the other on DP, the DP one is the one that triggers this behavior.

My workaround is a program called lcdoff, I have it on a hotkey with AutoHotkey. It turns the monitors to standby and then I just hit something to turn them back on.

17. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    My monitor has DP and Dual-DVI ports, but sadly neither of them fixed the issue. I'll keep lcdoff+autohotkeys in mind.
    It's something I reported as an issue to AMD in case they could help/fix it, but sadly never saw anything on it.

18. DrunkenDonkey

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    DDU installed 17.2.1, everything is working again

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That's true! Game mode is doing f*ckery with RadeonPro also. I had problems with DAI in fullscreen with it enabled. It basically seems that Game Mode + WDDM 2.2 + Injectors + Fullscreen = no go

20. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    ok thanks