Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3

Dude. believe me, I am very calm :) I outscored a more powerful rig :thumbup:

I just thought that this may highlight a potential issue with under performing hardware with relation to the OP's test scores, given that my system out-performed his system...

FYI : Standard vbios on gpu, xmp profile for system ram (9,9,9,24,33) 2T 1600mhz ddr3.

Hope that clears up any confusion there is regarding my confusion regarding the original OP scores & my own :)

Peace peeps :cheers:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Ok man, your rig is clearly more powerful.

3. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3
    Bro, it would appear so although considering the hardware, it shouldn't be...

never the less, my home build rig is proving its worth 2 yrs after it was built, outperforming current Gen hardware in some cases ;)

Have a great day bro :thumbup:

4. Oxezz

Oxezz Member

GPU:
    R9 290 VaporX @1150
    Lower drawcalls with these. 17.4.1 is the best for me so far in terms of drawcalls same goes for games lower fps with 17.4.2 in witcher 3 also tested with creators update 15063, windows feels a bit snappier I can say still games are the same in terms of performance, I haven't tested game boost but from what I hear cannot expect much also after update I did some tweaks and restore my previous settings (bcuz windows brought them to defaults) and my start menu greyed out.. wut??

5. BakedMarsupial

BakedMarsupial New Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 390
    I can't bring myself to install any new AMD driver. Ever since they made the switch to Crimson, I've had issues with Wattman crashing...taking my fans with it...and my card overheating and shutting down while gaming.

Still running the November 2016 Catalyst driver. It's the last one that has never resulted in a fan stop/overheat problem.

6. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yup!
    Wolfenstein Old Blood. Loadup -> instant CTD. No error message.

I will try PrimeMinisters DLL repository and report back.

And yeah, rest is rocking... Really...

I got good fps in BF1 cfx before that driver already but... now... it seems every little itching thing has been fixed in the profile.

Running 80-120 FPS in very high settings + TAA - 1080p
    on a 270X 2GB CFX!!! :banana:

7. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm getting square like artifacts running Hitman Dx12, the squares problem is similar to the Forza artifacts that someone posted here.
    So, there's only a hand full of Dx12 games and AMD is breaking them :)

Just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3x1HDVybBg

8. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How is DX11 crossfire performing vs. DX12 in terms of FPS ... can you check that?

9. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Dx12 have much better scaling, and frametimes are locked to refresh rate, unlike dx11 that fluctuate a lot.

10. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    When did you try the last time? Hitman DX11 CFX profile got updated quite often.

11. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So.
    I quickly tried and randomly chose the 16.4.2 WHQL dlls for openGL...
    put them in the Wolfenstein<xyz>.exe base folder ...

https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!g4tTiZ7A

And it works again.

It's sad there is not something like an official database by AMD which would offer more insight on why/when/which games use which dlls for best experience...
    But I guess it has always been like that... if you fiddle long enough with your settings and files and dlls and drivers etc. you get rewarded.
    I can only speak out of CFX experience... Basically there is no title that I didn't have massive improvements by tweaking the shiiit out of it...
    Now I am playing certain triple A titles in 60-100 FPS 1440p on a 270X CFX with 2GB VRAM...

Basically my setup was a single RX480 2GB setup since 2013.... for 300EUR back then

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  12. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti

Just done some benchmarks:

1440p all settings maxed.

DX12

Benchmark Results:

12437 frames
    108.28fps Average
    8.72fps Min
    216.27fps Max
    9.24ms Average
    4.62ms Min
    114.63ms Max

DX11

Benchmark Results:

9522 frames
    82.88fps Average
    7.51fps Min
    319.59fps Max
    12.07ms Average
    3.13ms Min
    133.10ms Max

13. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Oh you :kissin::kissin::mhp::mhp::chainsaw::chainsaw: :givebeer:

14. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Well... this is the first time I've ever got the UVD bug in almost 5yrs of having my system. For it to happen after doing a clean install of Windows 10 (with creators update) is a bit suspicious so I've decided to keep using these drivers. I've still only had that 1 occurrence but I'm not going out of my way to try and reproduce. What I did notice before was my previous Windows power plan was actually an AMD power plan (like the Ryzen power plan shows). Now I'm just using a modified Windows High Performance plan.

My previous Windows install was an upgrade from 7 -> 8.1 to 10 and had hundreds of tweaks I can't even remember applied. Maybe it was something I did that prevented me from getting it? I'll eventually try and find out what I did looking through all those sites with old tweak guides.

15. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT
    Look like AMD going to bring Nvidia Fastsync as Turbo Vsync in there drivers soon.
    [​IMG]

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Yup, this kind of s...t :bang:
    Lol, im happy F3 don't have this in Race/MP :)

So far is OK, not flawless but OK....

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    My monitor is losing connection to the video card with this driver when playing Mass Effect Andromeda..

Monitor is BenQ GW2270 and it's connected via HDMI, OS is Windows 10.

18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    finally!

19. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    OMG, look, a 2008-2009 CPU with a stock r9 290dc2. So if I put my GPU to 1130 maybe my rig is even better than your.
    And I'm running with 1000MHz 8GB DDR2! Oh, I'm so happy my hw is better and of course is not because the bench stresses only the GPU and your is overclocked :)
    [​IMG]

20. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    for some reason after i just upgraded to win10 creator's update and this driver
    i can no longer overclock the gpu core/mem, upon hitting apply in AB they go back to
    default values.. anyone having the same issue?