Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.2 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Mar 15, 2017.

1. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I've been running BF1 in DX12 full screen quite happily

2. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    I don't know if it's related to the 390 or simply older cards in general. I've talked with a developer for the game on the CTE subreddit and he gave me a few steps to try, but those didn't work for me. They're aware that the game crashes in DX12 for a lot of people, so the issue is most likely game-related and not drivers-related.

3. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Have you tried to delete BF1 shader cache and AMD shader cache in your user profile folder? It worked for some users.

AMD shader cache folder - "C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache"
    BF1 shader cache folder - go to "C:\Users\%userprofile%\Documents\Battlefield 1" and search for "shader cache" or something like that and remove all files from that folder.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  4. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    Thanks for the help. It didn't work, but I eventually figured out why the crash happened. Since it was crashing with both older and new drivers I already figured the drivers themselves weren't to blame (DX12 worked previously with 16.11.5) but since there were conflicting reports of BF1 DX12 working for some and not for others I looked elsewhere.

In my case, the crash in DX12 was because of RivaTuner. Version 6.5.0 crashed DX12 but worked with DX11. Version 6.6.0 works with both.