Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Feb 13, 2017.

1. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Have you checked your card's temperature and clocks? Sounds like overheating.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    If you are on normal ring, then make sure you are on 14393.726. KB3216755

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3216755

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  3. Damien147

Damien147 Active Member

GPU:
    RX470/4GB
    Since buying RX 470 I don't know where settings for resolution,overscan,underscan and whatever are....
    All I get with every driver I try is nothing----> http://imgur.com/a/vGU26

4. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  6. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Working perfectly with 17.1.2. I just manually updated to bit older driver. U have differect card but same problem?

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The problem is with 17.2.1
    I did an express install from 17.1.2 to 17.2.1, you can disable the grass to get rid of the flicker :D

8. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - this driver is running beautifully in Windows 10 Insider build 15031
    - and I'm running successfully in Crossfire mode, with ZERO problems..
    - Sapphire Trixx is functioning very well, though I have no need of any additional OC..
    - VRAM BIOS has been updated successfully as well - details over at TechPowerup..

if you are running Windows 10 Insider, make sure that Game Mode is switched on in Settings..

PS: I'm not sure if Game Mode is available on build 14393 (??)
    PPS: I'm avoiding using Relive pro tem; as AMD are still posting "Known Issues"

9. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    AMD probably fired person who did this...

Beside slight different chip configurations (mainly bigger) and new UVD, what is the difference between 1st gen GCN and newer ones? If they really improved anything, they would not rebrand pitcairn 2 times and if GloFo did not made 14nm production possible, they would do it 3rd time because they never made more efficient chip.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    GCN 1.1 to 1.3 has a couple of improvements and additions over GCN 1.0 though I am not too sure on the exact specfics, GCN 4th Gen however as the 480 (Polaris) is called seems to be all but identical to GCN 1.3 (Fiji, IE the Fury) though there are other enhancements such as x265 video hardware support or how it's called and a couple of other tweaks though not necessarily to the GCN core itself.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Speaking about Direct3D12 capabilities, GCN1 is a FL 11_1 card (due the lack of tier 2 of tiled resources), GCN2 add support to Tier2 of tiled resources and should support also high priority settings on compute queues, GCN3 added FP16 support. GCN4 didn't actually improve feature support of the API as far I know, but It should improve the DXVA2 format/resolution support a little (not a big deal for games).

Speaking about the hardware/software interface capabilities, you can look at first pages of the programming guide of GCNs architectures for the assembly improvements. AMD told to use the GCN3 manual for the GCN4 GPUs, but they also improve some performance bottleneck, especially on geometry processing. Also, compiling the same shader for GCN3 and GCN4 with the AMD developer tools actually produce the same output.

12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Has AMD said what cards will be able to support Shader Model 6?

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its coming with RS2 this year. Im just hopping GCN1.0 will support it.

14. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    guys little issue here.

3dmark is telling me to disable freesync. but I already have disabled on my monitor and in the amd software.:3eyes:

15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Says it to me as well but framerate is never capped and score does not change with it on and off. I ignore it.

Only bug I have with this driver. Sometimes EID overrides dont work unless I toggle gpu scaling on or off.
    So my custom res with CRU dont work at first. Not to bad of a bug, easily to work around.

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SM6 will be mandatory for FL 12_0 GPUs.
    Current drivers do not support SM6 and SM6 compiler support will be introduced only with the next version of Windows 10 ("Redstone 2/Creator Update").
    Current drivers report wave ops and int64 support for GCN1 GPUs too. Those features are part of HLSL for Shader Model 6, but this does not automatically mean that Shader Model 6 is supported. Current support for SM 6.0 is still in a preview state and I am not aware of any public driver to test the hardware support (currently only the WARP/software driver appear to have a partial SM6 support).

17. Luraziel

Luraziel Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 270X Xfire
    These drivers seem pretty good but the one problem I seem to have is when I go into the Crimson settings UI, it takes a very long time to switch from page to page. Or edit any game settings and go back.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix this?

18. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    DDU'ed? Magic solution for most problems :banana:

19. Luraziel

Luraziel Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 270X Xfire
    yeah, I did that before installing :/

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    How many profiles?

I have a couple hundred games on Steam at the moment and since Crimson adds profiles from Steam (And UPlay, tries for Origin too but it doesn't quite work.) automatically that slows things down to a crawl.

This is handled by the Add/Remove Settings info from the registry so since I already had CCleaner installed I simply removed all games from Steam from there and then I went here "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AMD\CN" and renamed gmdb.blb (It's a text file so you can just open it and delete everything that way too.) and after that via the task manager shut down Radeon Settings and start it up again and there shouldn't be any profiles. :)

Steam doesn't need the Add/Remove reg info for it's games to function though UPlay and Origin will add it back if the games are ever updated though since those platforms generally have far fewer games it's less of a issue.

If you want to try it further then after doing this and cleaning out all existing profiles you can add some 10 or so new ones and then shut down Radeon Settings again, start it up and you should notice that it's suddenly far slower so yeah with a 100 games it's down to crawl, good thing I don't keep my entire Steam library installed as that's a bit over 2000 games now. :p

And yeah there's no way to disable this behavior and when it's that sluggish it's almost impossible to remove profiles one by one from the Crimson Settings thus this method instead to remove them all and prevent CNext/Crimson from re-adding them since it can no longer find the reg info for them.
    (If you need a profile for say the shader cache function you can always add it back manually but don't add too many or the software will slow down.)