Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Oct 23, 2017.

1. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9

Download
    : http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17-10-2-driver-download.html

Some interesting updates:

• Windows®10 Fall Creators Update
      • This release provides initial support for the Windows®10 Fall Creators Update. For more information please visit here.
    • Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus
      • Up to 8% faster performance on Radeon™ RX Vega56 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440. (RS-188)
      • Up to 4% faster performance on Radeon RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440. (RS-189)
    • Destiny 2™
      • Up to 43% faster performance on Radeon™ RX Vega56 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440.(RS-184)
      • Up to 50% faster performance on Radeon RX 580 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440.(RS-185)
    • Assassin's Creed™: Origins
      • Up to 16% faster performance on Radeon™ RX Vega56 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440.(RS-186)
      • Up to 13% faster performance on Radeon RX 580(8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 1920x1080. (RS-187)
    • GPU Workload
      • A new toggle in Radeon Settings that can be found under the "Gaming", "Global Settings" options. This toggle will allow you to switch optimization between graphics or compute workloads on select Radeon RX 500, Radeon RX 400, Radeon R9 390, Radeon R9 380, Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 285 series graphics products.
    • Compute Support
      • Radeon Software now supports compute workloads for up to 12 installed Radeon RX 400, Radeon RX 500 or Radeon RX Vega series graphics products on Windows®10 system configurations.

Jackalito likes this.
  2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    My version just says beta on FCU.
    No issues other then CRU breaks freesync with custom resolutions and monitor overclock.

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Memory overclocking slider is still messed like in the previous Fall Update drivers. A setting like 2025MHz will be applied while under load, but the slider will return to the card's default 2000MHz both on wattman and MSI AB, and CPU-Z will also fail to detect the currently applied memory overclock on the Graphics Card tab (but will show it on the Sensor tab under load), and resetting to defaults won't return vram to it's default (will keep previously applied OC). Fortunately (as witht the previous Fall Update drivers) correct voltage is applied while playing video instead of the constant overvolt on 17.10.1 and a few previous drivers.

I'll test it for deleting windows printers later, and update this post about it.

Edit: The uninstaller still deletes my windows printers.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Jackalito and IMaysky like this.
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Seeing how this driver package is 23.20.782.0, and only a minor increment from the 10/10 drivers I linked to, I'm going to say it's a bugfix love update of the 10/10 release.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Another pointless beta driver, but nonetheless, thank you.

6. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    guess ill be needing it for Wolf2 latter this week

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Somebody check FH3 :D and Wake up Hicks ;)

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I'm missing the GPU workload toggle.
    I also reinstalled cleaning with DDU.
    Will not come up.
    Anyone know why?

9. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    AMD remove Mantle support from RX Vega in 17.10.x builds since it's now showing Not Available where the driver number is at, I use the latest DDU & safe mode then install my drivers like I always do. good thing is HBCC does not turn on unlike the two 17.10.x drivers.

By the way this driver is nothing, AMD is working on a big driver update like they always do by Nov ish.

Jackalito and RzrTrek like this.
  10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yeah true. :rolleyes:

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The rest of the changelog. :)

EDIT:

EDIT:

17.40 preview :
    version-> 17.40.0 October 10th.

17.10.2 :
    version-> 17.40.1021 October 20th.

Profiles:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Crossfire profile updated.
    Player Unknown's Battlegrounds - Crossfire profile updated.
    Middle Earth Shadow of War - Crossfire profile updated.

Destiny 2 - DXX profile updated. (At a guess these are compatibility "bits" for DX11, still unsure what they do though.)

HighPerfGPUAffinity flags ->

Assassin's Creed Origins - Also the DXX profile matches the 17.40.0 profile.
    (DXX profile differed between the October 10th preview driver on AMD's website and the October 11th WU driver.)

Ashes of Singularity

DOOM

Project Cars 2

Sea of Thieves

Star Wars Battlefront 2

But what about when compared to 17.10.1 and the driver branch 17.30 ?

Crossfire:
    Deus Ex Mankind Divided - updated.
    Player Unknown's Battlegrounds - updated.

Call of Duty World War 2 - Unchanged profile, location in the profile list moved up a bit though.

DXX:
    Battlefield 4 - Updated.
    ProjectCars - Updated.
    Battlefield Hardline - Updated.
    Grand Theft Auto 5 - Updated.
    Dragon Age Inquisition - Updated.
    Fallout 4 - Updated.
    Player Unknown's Battlegrounds - Updated.
    Destiny 2 - Updated. (Also named Destiny 2 now instead of Profile.)

Assassin's Creed Origins - Added.

OpenGL:
    Metro Last Light (Linux and OS's using OGL.)

audjsfrtnisw0 - Added for the OGL properties for this game, it's kinda hard to tell what these do.

Solidworks
    GRFThdurjik8375 - Added as a OGL property.

Grid Autosport
    audjsfrtnisw0 - Another added OGL property.

PXDynamic and the HighPerfGPUAffinity flag. (Force/prefer dedicated GPU over integrated, I think.)

Assassin's Creed Origins.
    Ashes of Singularity.
    Cuphead.
    DOOM.
    Fable Fortune.
    Nishuihan.
    Raiders of the Broken Planet.
    Longhunshike.
    Project Cars 2.
    DaVinci Resolve.
    Ruiner.
    Sea of Thieves.
    Star Wars Battlefront 2.
    The Long Dark.
    Tianyu.

Project Cars 1, Forza 7 and Evil Within 2- Not added but it was moved down a bit in the profile list, doesn't mean much but mentioning it.

Jackalito, Embra and LocoDiceGR like this.
  12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Not one of these single Beta driver is useless. They all bring something to the table. And AMD is being very specific about the gains. Why the unnecessary skepticism? Even some of the older cards see performance uplifts, even if they aren't listed.

Jackalito, AlleyViper and RzrTrek like this.
  13. COOPOD

COOPOD Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ X 3GB
    • Inappropriate Behavior -Let's keep things civilized shall we?
    Cool, no Overwatch fix again! Trash company, i hope they die fast.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For one game? Granted that issue has been around since 17.7 somewhere so whatever broke it had to be something major if AMD still hasn't been able to resolve it, wonder if that's on Blizzard or AMD though, there's some conflicting info on that but you'd probably have to be more involved with either AMD or Blizzard to have some actual info on what's going on with this problem and why it hasn't been resolved. About time it got fixed but if it was easy it would probably have been resolved already owing to how popular the game is.

EDIT: Ah no 17.7.x is what fixes the problem, it's the later drivers that broke the game.

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    First of all, take care of your language.
    2nd of all...its probably more like Devs of overwatch have messed something up.

@JonasBeckman no analysis for this driver? :D

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I just finished adding that in a short while ago in my first post in this thread, initially compared against 17.40 from the Fall Creator preview driver but I also did a comparison with this and 17.10.1 from driver branch 17.30 driver again since the last one was against the first of the Windows Update Fast-Ring insider drivers that were leaked earlier this month. :)

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  17. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Why is my R9 290 not 'select' enough to have the GPU Workload toggle? :(

18. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Actually since Watch Dogs 2 crashed after start on a Geforce WHQL driver, WHQL driveres doesn't worth more than beta ones.

Was there some fps bug on 1440P with the AMD GPUs or they just get that much boost?

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    #JonasBeckman
    Q: Is there an option for us to Update just those DXX, Affinity Profiles only?

I don't have a time for updates now (Testing etc. 17.9.3 working great)
    But i need new Updates for Radeon Engine :D

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    AMD used to have a separate app profiles package but this was discontinued years ago.

What you can try is to take the atiapfxx.blb file and place it in System32 and SysWoW64 though I recommend backing up the existing file first since these are flags and properties that could be dependent on the driver .dll files particularly the ones directly related to DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan or Mantle which is then further split between 32 and 64 bit versions.

It's worth a try but there's no way to just update the profile files, Crimson could do with that as a option for AMD to immediately add in profiles for new games if it doesn't require changes to any major part of the driver files directly.
    (GeForce Experience for Nvidia I believe has this sort of feature for updating to new profiles without needing to wait for the next full driver release.)

I don't think you can use the .blb on a per game basis as to just keep it in the game folder like you can with some of the driver files though Destiny 2 here would make for a good test case since AMD did something that fixed whatever held back their GPU's for this game, chances are it's more than just a profile change though and there were something wrong in the driver code itself though with such a high framerate boost it would be immediately evident if this works or not.

Jackalito and OnnA like this.