Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    I guess you are right. The same happens with RoTTR that does exceed VRAM limit on very high preset.

What a joke to have 4GB on a card like fury..

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    One thing I have found out is for overclocking...ready for it?

It works as long as I disconnect my multimonitors and just leave a single monitor plugged in at least for the overclocks. The voltage is another issue.

3. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Just got an Black Screen while playing Overwatch, my monitor goes to "NO SIGNAL" and I has to restart my PC. Didn't have this problem with previous driver.

4. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    OK, bit late to the party but I've downloaded and ready to go.

Only issue I can see is ever since I unlocked my Fury Tri-x to use all the cores I have to use Afterburner +25mV on the core otherwise I get "Driver stopped but has recovered" messages.

Looks like AB is out for now, can I do this in WattMan? Card is stock speeds.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  6. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    So do these new power options remove the need to use clockblocker?

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    How can we add features?

8. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I had that when booting up my PC.
    With Watch Dogs 2 and 1 minute ago BF1 I've had a black screen + no more audio (guessing PC froze) but monitor still functional. Just black.

This driver has many cool improvements but still pisses me off with how unstable it can be. This is despite doing a clean install going from previous to this one, and then trying to fix things by doing a clean install FROM this driver, to this driver. (using the AMD uninstaller)

9. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    That's exactly the same problem I have. Guess i'll rollback to previous driver.

10. I tried installing the newest drivers and near the end of the installation, I had a black screen. As a result, I had to do a system restore on my Windows 10 OS. Should I stick with the 16.11.5 drivers or uninstall all previous drivers then install the 16.12.1 drivers?

11. jeff69dini

jeff69dini Member

GPU:
    evga 2gb gtx 750ti
    ok thanks, yes I checked, I do have that option for Chill under Global Overdrive.....but nothing under Global Graphics tab, under that tab I have nothing related to power settings?!

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I will give this a try , if it does not work i will do a clean ddu reinstall of the drivers and msi AB. Question do you have voltage control ? Your clocks are sticking ?

This would be a shame because i am on h2o full cover water block and my max stable overclock before was 1220/1400Mhz. Now using wattman my max overclock is 1120/1400Mhz :( . Will try again and report my findings...

13. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Hi all,

Is it possible to underclock the memory frequency with AMD Wattman? I am trying to, but I can't seem to find a way.. One of my GPU's must be underclocked a bit because it would not run stable on default clocks.

14. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Didn't know it made any difference. I have an AMD CPU but there is no mention of it anywhere in Wattman, nor is there any monitoring of it anywhere.

15. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    How is it compared to OBS and AMD VCE plugin?

16. Flano

Flano Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 FURY X 4GB HBM
    R3E is an awesome sim I always found the optimizations and game lacking in consistant framerate I hope I experience the same improvements, bought cars recently and cant play online :bang:

I'm trying to get a solid 144fps on one card and it wont do this. (or get anywhere near) I hope the new driver has a chance.

17. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Shouldn't all APUs also be capable of VP9 if it's supported on all discrete GCN? Weird lockout

18. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
  19. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    So, i've updated, so I see they add more cards to the WattMan feature. R9 200,300 right?
    So my oldie HD7870 is basicly the R9 270X.
    I can't see the wattman menu, only overdrive but maybe there is some hack to enable it? Ideas?

20. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I got the Black Screen issue with nothing else running, while on my desktop. I was looking around Radeon Settings and boom... Black screen.

This was after I used a system restore to go back to the previous driver, before any change was made. Then, due to the afterburner issues mentioned here, I completely uninstalled afterburner and RTSS, while removing every saved settings. I then used the new driver installer to do a clean installation of the ReLive drivers.

And then, once the installation was completed and the PC was done rebooting, I opened Radeon Settings, looked around a little, and Black Screen.
    Damnit AMD.

Also, the AMD Problem Report Wizard doesn't seem to be properly installed. The shortcuts created in Windows don't link to where its installed. You can find it manually in program files/amd/PRW.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016