Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    The 16.12.2 page is no longer redirecting to the "Not found." page but instead throws a "Not authorized" error, should hopefully be live within a few hours at most. :)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.2-Release-Notes.aspx

EDIT: Unsure if you could grab the driver files early, guessing that unless the naming has changed if you took the 16.12.1 driver and changed to 16.12.2 and then tried any date from the 8th to the 20th one of them should be it.
    (Would need the AMD webpage as the referee or how it's called or it'll error out.)

That would be this:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.1-Release-Notes.aspx

with

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7.exe

As anything from

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.2-Dec8.exe

to

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.2-Dec20.exe

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I just got XFX 480 triple x 8gb version for my friend. I will use it for couple weeks. What is the recommendation about what to watch or any ideas?
    I see the new driver is coming out. I will install the card tomorrow. Still very cold :D

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Ah, cant you just like keep it and finally get rid of that Fermi card? :D

4. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Nope :D
    I like my fermi :D Tonight i am still playing on my nvidia. I know it is hard to believe it.

5. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    16.12.2 ... it's live

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Someone's bound to make a new topic shortly but...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.2-Release-Notes.aspx

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    So crossing 16.12.1 with 16.12.2:

Known issues->

A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.

Radeon Settings may not show display details for connected displays in AMD X-Connect technology mode.

These are new.

AMD FreeSync™ technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.

This is gone, well technically still there but a bit less now.

ReLive issues->

Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.

DOTA™2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.

In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit BACO when Radeon ReLive is enabled.

Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.

These are gone, fixed?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  8. ninja750

ninja750 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    no specific mention to R9 users issues, i don't know if it's safe to try them

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    I can see AMD dropping GCN 1.0 at some point in the near future since it's getting a bit old now and missing some stuff but GCN 1.1 such as the 290 / 390 will probably be around for a while yet.
    (Though it could still be years really, guessing GCN might be a bit more backwards compatible with it's architecture?)

Though yeah far as "ReLive" goes it seems earlier GCN GPU models are running into a variety of issues with both 16.12.1 and 16.12.2 now.
    (Probably going to need some further tweaking on AMD's side though as said in the 16.12.2 thread now AMD is going to have to sort out ReLive specific issues too in addition to the Crimson interface and actual GPU specific issues and then there's Wattman too.)
    (And the endless game compatibility black magic and ritualistic sacrificing needed for all that to work...multi-GPU support especially heh unfortunate but probably impossible to avoid.)

10. ninja750

ninja750 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    it's ok... BUT

if you literrally write in the changelog that now wattman supports all the R9 cards and generally amd relive drivers supports 100% R9 cards we suppose that a BIG time was spent by the testers finding bugs and after some time they say ok let's distribute them to all the world

how is it possible that after TEN MINUTES many users came here writing so many issues? i just installed the drivers, tryed 3 games (10 minutes in total) found that 2 of 3 are running just bad at all, back to 16.11.3