Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Repeating my previous post which no one replied to.... Does anyone else find that setting the GPU fan to manual isn't working as expected? Either setting it to manual takes a few tries and once you do the fan speed reverts to the automatic speed at some point even though it is still set to manual? A restart of Windows will also set the speed to the automatic one. Just looking to confirm so I can report it to AMD.

2. Goiur

Goiur Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070
  3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Also the last 2 updates to 3dmark in the last couple of days listed some pretty large score improvement results for tests.

http://www.futuremark.com/support/update/3dmark

Release notes:
    What's new in 3DMark 2.2.3509
    This update fixes a GUI issue that resulted in marginally lower than expected scores when starting a test from the Benchmark Details screen in 3DMark versions 2.1.2852 and later. Benchmark runs started from the Home screen or the Command Line were not affected.

It is normal for 3DMark scores to vary by up to 3% between runs since there are factors in a modern, multitasking operating system that cannot be completely controlled.

With this update, overall scores are expected to increase by up to 0.3%. Scores from the Physics and CPU parts of benchmark tests may improve by up to 2.5%. Scores from this version of 3DMark are consistent with results from previous versions that did not have the GUI issue.

Compatibility
    Added a two-minute timeout to the SystemInfo scan to prevent it from stalling for long periods on some specific systems.

:bang:I guess most do not bother to read the 3dmark release notes. :bang:

4. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    For anyone having trouble recording (combo doesn't work in-game, need to alt/tab to desktop to start etc):

Check RadeonSettings-Gaming, if said game (BF1, my case) is listed more than once.

If so, just delete the game's shortcut from desktop, delete one of the gaming profiles (doesn't matter which one) and close/open RadeonSettings.

In-game recording should work from now on.

5. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 580 GTS BE
    Yes, I've found the fan settings not working as expected, but I have not had any issues like you describe. When I click "apply" the new setting takes effect instantly, and remains in effect - no multiple attempts and no reverting to auto, even after a reset.

When I switch to manual it's set to 1200, and I get 1330 rpms. Increasing the slider to 1300 drops rpms to 1065. I have to set it to 1850 to get the 1330rpms that I started with(when it was initially set to 1200).

IMO if you can reproduce a bug consistently, then you should report it. A fan setting not sticking could be bad news.

6. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7950 + HD7970 CF
    There was a bug in 3DMark that resulted in System Info getting stuck and keeping a whole core busy during testing and even after closing 3DMark. This resulted in noticeably lower physics score and also lower graphics score. Based on the changelog, they seem to have fixed it now. As other also mentioned, Physics score is not at all affected by GPU driver; the difference you are seeing is most likely caused by what I mentioned.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    I fixed my 16.12.1 woes!

Getting frustrated that this memory speed downclock & lock fiasco was killing my AMD buzz, I decided to try and get things working. First I tried using only one monitor, and no this did not fix the wonderful fluctuating memory clocks.

So I decided to uninstall everything, again, and this time I used the 16.12.1 Minimal Web installer. I noted that this installer has an option to install Application Profiles, unlike the full installer, and it reported installing a different build number.

Long story short: I can now use multimonitors properly, and my memory clocks are staying at fullspeed. :banana:

Will do some more testing, to see if TRIXX and AB are working properly, but I feel someone botched the original full installer. I don't know if it's been silently updated with same filename, but worth trying, or just use the Minimal Web installer.

UPDATE: Using AB or TRIXX causes return of memory clock issues and subsequent visual glitching. Wattman working, tho I do not like the voltage values it uses, and I'll try to see if I can use TRIXX or AB to control fan speeds.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  8. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Is there any way to send generic feedback to AMD? They still haven't realized a window should remember its size and position. Just, WTF?!

9. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    I was surprised at how ridiculously good ReLive + Twitch stream looked.
    With that said, when I streamed to Twitch I'd have the game freeze for small moments. At one point it also looked like I lost connection to the game, as characters in BF1 were running in place.

Looking at my resource manager, it looked like ReLive possibly ignored the bitrate I said to use to stream (8.5mb) and instead maxed out my connection at various points. It peaked at 11mb, which is the max my connection can do, and spent most of its time over 8.5mb.

I also got more crashes as a result of playing around ReLive. Great quality, low performance cost, but so horribly buggy for now.

10. Starks

Starks Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    7700M support is working again in 16.12.1. It had been broken since 16.5.2.

Whatever AMD did for this new 16.50 driver branch, it worked.

This is a huge upgrade to my 7730M's Vulkan capabilities. I went from 1.0.6 or something to 1.0.30 and gained every extension that has come out since then.

11. bluzone

bluzone Member

GPU:
    R9 nano
    Yes I have noted the same problem. Plus fan speed ramping in auto seems slow and peak fan speed a touch low. I'd need to revert drivers to check for sure.

12. nikescomputers

nikescomputers Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 290x 2 of them
    new driver

new driver fails to launch doom tried reinstalling it and everything keeps blue screening i have a raedeon 280x 2 of them on crossfire windows 7 ultimate 64 bit edition

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Did you try running only one card?

14. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    btw GTA IV runs like crap on 16.12.1, like nVidia wrote these ones...

15. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    So, can anyone tell me if it's possible to fix 150/300 MHz thing? I'm on an R9 270x.

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    I fixed mine by reinstalling 16.12.1 using the Web installer vs the full package one. I think it's been updated. I only get the 300/150 issue when I use something other than Wattman to overclock.

17. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    Edit: Today I didn't get a black screen freeze, instead I got a BSOD - Thread Stuck In Device Driver.
    --------------------------

From your previous post I was curious, can you tell us what's the build number you get instead? How did it change compared to your previous install?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  18. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X

Ok, I'll try using web installer. Btw, I haven't OC'ed my GPU, but I do have MSI Afterburner installed (just to have temps, usage and things on-screen while gaming).

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Sorry, I didn't take any screenshots of it, as I was more interested in seeing it work. Everything was working fine for 2 days, even the Wattman overclock, and then last night the memory downclocked and locked while I was playing Diablo 3. Even rebooting did not fix it, so I rolled back to 16.11.5 again.

Something is bugged, so I will have to wait for the next hotfix.

20. Kruse

Kruse Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    I'm noticing some intermittent screen "flicker" when I attach a secondary display through HDMI since I installed these drivers. The flicker appears as two "bars" across the screen. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

This is in Windows 10.