Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Would you stop telling others what to do? Let people try the drivers themselfs. If its not working for you fine but give it a rest. I've installed this drivers the minute they ware online and didnt had a single problem with it.

You can be such a hateful shrew.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    By the way, I did exactly that with Chrome and a YouTube stream. I tried with Sc2 while a Roll20 session with audio/3d was running. There was no issue at all. My audio/video is also OK with YouTube streaming, despite having only 1mbit upload.

3. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    0xEA Thread stuck in device driver, namely, AMD's. 99%+ of the time, it is some other driver on the system causing it or clocks/frequencies (of card itself or system components.) Usually other driver.

Being that I don't see anything immediately alarming in your drivers, I would start testing at everything default set for hardware.

Update these if possible. I don't think they are the cause, but it is good practice (perhaps just maybe one is):

Code:
    usbfilter usbfilter.sys Thu Nov 26 20:26:01 2015
    rt640x64 rt640x64.sys Thu Jan 21 03:17:40 2016
    amdide64 amdide64.sys Tue Dec 04 04:49:28 2012
    This link is for the second driver shown.

If you know your exact chipset, download and install (for the amdide and usbfilter) from AMD. If you aren't certain, do that instead from Asrock's website for your mainboard.

If you are using any 3rd party anything at all to do any 3rd party stuff to the video settings at all, rid it completely from the system for now.

When done with driver updates, do a Windows Update manually and if it is trying to give you any old drivers to replace what you just did, hide them. (It happens very often.)

Probably a good idea to set a System Restore point before updating AMD stuff. Once in a blue moon (especially if installing wrong package or whatnot) it can bork the system real quick.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  4. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    Says the guy that tells people that they shouldn't complain about GCN 1.0 driver bug since it's 4 years old and should mod their VBios for a feature that should come with the drivers by default. You're such a self contradicting hypocrite, not to mention a rabid fanboy.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    For how long did you stream? The issue doesn't occur instantly. It takes awhile for it to trigger.

6. Ludvig

Ludvig Member

GPU:
    R7 370 2G PCS+
    W7/32,HD 7790.I eventually decided to migrate from the Omega drivers to these.Simply speedy and impeccable.Ok,they've been installed for two days only and I'm not a hardcore gamer,but as I said,so far,so very good!

PS: huge thanks to Wagnard for DDU.Smashing software,really.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Sorry, who the F is RAGNAR(OK)?
    DDU is made by Wagnard. Unless, you mean something else.

8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 8GB
    Calm down. Undying is not a fanboy. He is actually pretty cool.
    UVD bug is hit or miss on GCN 1.0 and can be dependent on the bios.
    My 7950 boost's never had but my 7850s had it. My R9 280 did not have but the 280x did.

9. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Are you really running Windows 7 32-bit?

If so, is there some specific reason you must have 32-bit?

4GB max RAM - video card RAM - probably some other stuff.

10. Ludvig

Ludvig Member

GPU:
    R7 370 2G PCS+
    Yeah,sorry,I associated his first name with a major event in scandinavian mythology... :eyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarök

Sorry again,Wagnard.

As for the 32 bits,cyclone3d,it's just that I didn't want to have any hassle at all,plus traumatic readings about updates on WU just impacting 64 bits OS and other things I guess.I don't play so much so...

11. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 580 GTS BE
    My experience with the new driver has been OK so far. No crashes, but I did have some issues pop up whenever I use a second monitor.

1. Relive works great when it works, but several of the games I tried didn't work at all. It made flawless recordings in MXGP, but in Ark:Survival it made slideshows no matter what I tried.

2. WattMan "kind of works" for me. I couldn't get the game profile to apply for Ark:Survival. The histogram didn't show any info when running Ark:Survival. The global profile did work.

3. Chill might work? I didn't try it because I only own 1 supported game.

4. VP9 Decoding seems to be working in Chrome.

Weird stuff I noticed:
    After a few unsuccessful attempts at underclocking with WattMan(profile just never kicked in) I reset the profile and then I noticed the VRAM was stuck at 150Mhz even in games. I disabled secondary monitor and everything went back to normal. After a couple hours gaming with no issues I enabled my secondary monitor again. I had horizontal lines on both screens whenever anything moved like the mouse cursor or a window. It didn't look like the usual artifacts you might see, and my guess is that it was a DVI issue(both screens attached by DVI). Disabling the second monitor cleared up the issue on the first monitor. Reinstalled with "Clean Install" option(NO DDU) and everything was fine again on both monitors.

*More weird stuff:
    After playing The Witcher for a few hours without issue, I exited the game and enabled my secondary monitor. VRAM clock jumped from 150 to 1450Mhz.

12. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    R7 Series
    Thanks.
    Updated the realtek driver, chipset driver is the latest too, ReLive.
    About the BSOD even with a fresh install i got a bsod.
    Made a bug report in MS support forums with this crash dumps and they told me that was amd drivers fault.
    A lot of people have this same bsod with amd APU's in W10. the solution for now is wait AMD fix this in a future release or use Windows 7 with 15.11.1.
    Let's hope that AMD has this bug in mind.
    Thank you for your time to look the logs.

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Not long, 15 minutes I guess. But no crashes on alt-tab and the game was on Fullscreen mode.

I have the UVD bug but I get no crashes. Sometimes I believe it might be down to the vBios version.

14. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    You're welcome. I seriously doubt AMD is at fault.

This is from your crash dumps:

Code:
    Windows 8 Kernel Version 14393 MP (4 procs) Free x64
    It seems to be a beta Insider build or something. Highly suggest you update to latest standard version of Windows 10.

It is doubtful to me that 2012 and 2015 drivers are latest for your chipset from AMD for Windows 10. (I haven't done debugging lately and have not been keeping track.) Maybe look into that more, as a mere suggestion.

There have been graphics subsystem updates even to Windows 7 as of this very week.

Which exact mainboard do you have? You can see if you type msinfo32 in Start and press Enter.

If there is a bios update (or Uefi whatever), I can suggest to update to latest.

15. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    R7 Series
    Strange.
    I'm running Windows 10 x64 14393.576
    http://imgur.com/a/lmq40
    and
    http://imgur.com/a/iQRAj
    Chipset ReLive.
    http://imgur.com/a/HfXZh
    msinfo32, sorry not in english
    http://pastebin.com/gCrX2sC1

16. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    I hope they take at least one pass at fixing bugs for a somewhat more stable driver before the holidays. The daily black screen is still annoying.

Running Firefox (hardware acceleration disabled), I was watching a Youtube video when I decided to try ReLive streaming again, but with Twitch this time. I launch Origin, open AMD Settings, go to the ReLive tab, drag the upload rate a little lower, black screen. Sound from youtube kept playing for a few seconds before freezing. My upload rate wasn't changed in the ReLive tab once I rebooted, so it looks like changing it (or opening AMD settings) might have been part of the black screen this time around.

17. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    This driver is working great the second time around. This time no ReLive and it works much better.

18. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    We need a lil' better and more stable drivers for the holidays. I don't like this driver much, something is weird. Many drivers with Fast Ring Windows Insiders builds make me feel unstable and anxious about the unknown. Only from AMD.

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    If you are participating in the Fast Ring the part of your installation that you need to be least nervous about is the GPU driver.

20. z8373767

z8373767 Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600