Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. zasy99

zasy99 Member

GPU:
    AMD 390x
    Nope, just bad software (drivers).

3 months after the purchase of the 390x they finally brought out a CCC driver which worked.

The first set of Crimson drivers fried an unknown number of GPU's, I was lucky to save mine (activated afterburner, forced fans to 100% and quit ARK which was running at the time). I knew something was wrong when I started to see a lot of artifacts.

This issue with ReLive is hopefully temporary, if I had a hardware issue going back to 16.11.5 wouldn't solve it but it did.

AMD seems to make decent hardware (these days), the drivers, well, enough said....

2. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    can't disable the power saving feature? clocks are all over the place in BF1

3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    2.Radeon Settings is no longer in Startup,from what I see is only in Task Scheduler Library (Computer Management) with StartCN ("\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cncmd.exe").

I dont OC my videocard,its already OC-ed from GB,this driver works fine with MSI AB 4.3.
    No problem recording with ReLive in 2 games ive been tested. :)

Maybe you need to install/reinstall vcredist 2012-2013 from driver package and M$ Framework 4.6.2 from microsoft.com.
    Its true I dont run Win 10,just Win 7/8.1.

Previous Win 7 Amd Display Drivers:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Previous Win 10 Amd Display Drivers:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Question: Can anyone point me to a guide or explain how the Voltage Controls in Wattman work? My 1150/1600 OC works with a +50mV, but the State0-7 menu options is confusing me with the values on Manual.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm :nerd:

Im strongly advising to Reinstall ReLivE after lastest Windows Update .479 !
    Just Hit Express Install.
    Also readings are fixed in new Beta HWiNFO64 :)

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    So I decided to not give up, and see if I can tackle Wattman. After much pain, I managed to get a working profile, seeing how Afterburner and TRIXX do not work with this driver and my 390. (Changing memory timings, no matter which method, would force the memory down to 300 MHz, and locks. Need to use restart64 to recover)

So I decided to not touch mV settings, as they seem to be far too aggressive, seeing that stock voltage for the core is 1100mV, and +50mV would be 1150mV vs 1275mV as per manual defaults. (found this out in AB) These are probably RX4xx settings.

So instead of punching in clocks, I decided to use the frequency% adjustment, and I calculated 10% = 1145 and 11% = 1155 gpu clocks (base is 1040 on my card), and went with 11%. Max power set to +15%, and fan I originally forced to 40%, but then enabled Auto. So I ran Dragon Age: Inquisition to load teh GPU, and things seem to be working properly, as nothing blew up, nor did I need to reset the drivers. :)

I wish Wattman had a temp sensor reading for 3xx cards, or the nifty fan profile options the 4xx cards get.

EDIT: I used AB to see what my settings are, and AB is reporting 1289mV to the GPU, and I feel that is too damn high. Looks like I will need to adjust the voltage settings manually. I'll try throwing 1150 into the top 4 tiers, and use lower settings for the others.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Would be absurd if you couldn't. Dynamic clocks are already annoying enough.

Also: Does this only add HDR support over HDMI? Why not DisplayPort? Then they can get 4:4:4...

8. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Some more weirdness regarding the flickering screen issue with 144hz monitors and the new drivers.

The issue appears in the menus of Watch Dogs 2, but not inside the game with the 3D elements.

1920x1080 @ 144hz = significant flickers
    @120 = normal behavior
    100 = small flickers
    60hz = normal behavior

2560x1400 @ any = flickers.
    2560x1400 @144 is the worst of them all, with 2D elements of the menu flickering in parts they don't belong, appearing as somewhat of a ghost element, sometime stretched.

But the strangest part is that I figured that since I was in the menu, and since I have ReLive installed, I would simply record it and send it as part of a bug report to AMD. Once ReLive is recording: nothing. No more menu glitching.

At that point I was curious and wondering if I could record this issue with OBS instead while also using AMD AMF. But recording with OBS leads to the same result: the flickers and 2D elements glitching stops.
    So, for some reason, the card/drivers behave in a slightly different way while using AMD AMF. And this stops the flickers.

Afterward, I was planning to record with OBS and CPU encoding instead, but I was on my desktop when the flickering went insane and the picture went black. So I stopped looking around that issue for now. But the flickering isn't limited to leaving a game that is using VSR, which is what I thought before. Even being INSIDE the game can lead to issues, as was the case with the menus in Watch Dogs 2. I still think this is somehow related to VSR, since only the games where I used VSR gave me this problem.

9. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    certainly seems at the moment you can't.

10. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Yep. I don't see it. Probably need fresh install.

I need those settings too. :bang:

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Well the drivers are DECENT for amd...enough said.

12. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    What would bring us this HDR over HDMI , more immersive picture ? I am using display port so at this time we are unable to use it properly, is that right ?

I will also advise you to reinstall Re-live drivers, once you update Windows 10 to 14393 version as it seems, they have fixed some issues with this drivers.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    This is my WattMan in ReLivE combined with my Moded TriXX 5.2.1

You can also adjust mV in second Tab, but leave Frequency (Mhz) as Dynamic !

[​IMG]

14. Tempter

Tempter Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 8850m OC
    Just look at this crap: [​IMG]
    I never had advanced setting in old CCC and in new crimson.
    I have win 10 14393.479 and amd radeon r9 m265x. Uninstalled drivers via DDU and fresh installed still same problem.

15. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    Please tell me where the invisible preference button is hidden:

[​IMG]

No it's not ...

16. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    Whatever they did isn't working on my system, so I would suggest to roll that change back, because the old way worked for everyone as far as I know.

17. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Soo... should we take care about triple buffering? It's possible to explain it easier? I read a lot about TB but I still don't get it.

btw. look at the pool. TB got near 800 points since yesteday and reached 1st place. :3eyes:

18. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Noticed this too. Even though Power Efficiency is disabled, core clock fluctuates.

19. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    Couldn't live without the saturation setting, so I uninstalled the 16.12.1 driver, after that installed the 16.11.5 driver, and installed 16.12.1 again but only the driver part, not the settings. Now I have 16.12.1 driver and 16.11.5 settings "center". I can't enable the chill feature, but it won't work the games I play anyhow so no harm done.

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    power saving is OFF by default, same as CHILL.