Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DooM has a Vulkan back-end, it is the D3D12 driver that is broken. Vulkan driver works fine.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    I think you need to update GPU-Z :D

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Thank you very much for doing that testing for me , appreciate it bro :thumbup:

There is a bug in MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 and Crimson ReLive 16.12.1 drivers , i made a big post over in the MSI Afterburner bug report and suggestion pointing the bug to Unwinder to see if we can get it fix , overclocking it's kind of working for me but i am missing some features that msi afterburner had it working before this driver and i have lost my max overclock due to that bug , namely Unofficial overclocking mode does not work if you select without PowerPlay as msi afterburner goes bunkers and does not work. I'm going to make a copy and paste of that post in here for the other guys that have problems using MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 final and this newly release AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.1 drivers.

Here is what i wrote in Post # 2522 and the work around to the overclocking problems using MSI Afterburner ( copy & paste ): http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=305901&page=101

Alexei there is a bug in msi afterburner 4.3.0 final and the new AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.1 drivers. Here it goes , after a lot of troubleshooting , testing , installing and reinstalling the new driver and afterburner 4.3.0 since last night i have found out what was wrong.

When using Unofficial overclocking mode set to without PowerPlay support it does not work at all , it's broken on this new drivers Crimson ReLive 16.12.1 , it did work before on all the other drivers 16.11.5 , 16.11.4 and older as i had it working and my max overclock using that function was fixed to 1220/1400Mhz , fixed clocks and voltage on my 290x on H2O , now it does not work. Look here:

Using Unofficial overclocking mode set to " without PowerPlay support " GPU-Z reports clocks of 0 , but msi ab shows no change in the overclock that i dial in of 1175/1400Mhz and 1.258mv. Furthermore a rendering test of gpu-z included rendering test shows that the core clocks , memory clocks and voltage does not change and are not set after been applied with this overclock of 1175/1400Mhz at 1.28mv set , it still showing 300/150Mhz at 1.047mv

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only way i get it to properly work is if i select in Unofficial overclocking mode disabled , then and then only msi afterburner 4.3.0 and AMD crimson ReLive 16.12.1 driver works correctly together , but i have lost the function to select without PowerPlay in unofficial overclocking mode and now i cannot get my max overclock of 1220/1400Mhz fixed clocks and fixed voltage due to this 290x video card needs fixed clocks and fixed voltage to maintain such a high overclock. Now with Unofficial overclocking mode set to disable my core clocks are not fixed and are swinging between 1162 to 1175 all the time , same with the voltage it goes up and down and varies a little and is not fixed at 1.258mv anymore hence i cannot maintain my previous overclock of 1220/1400Mhz. I say this is a bug because it was perfectly working yesterday on drivers crimson 16.11.5 and before on every driver release prior to this newly released Crimson ReLive 16.12.1 , hence a new introduce bug on this drivers and msi afterburner 4.3.0. . I would love to have that function back , if i can be of any help let me know , i can do some more testing for you or whatever is needed to be done to resolve this bug. Again thank you Alexei for your hard work and patience. I hope that helps.

Here are some pictures showing it does in fact work using Unofficial overclocking mode set to disable:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    @Rambo.

Thanx Bro, so nothing related to GPU in the update :( but who da f*ck uses floppy? enough to have issues :p

Peace bro...

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    I don't know how I missed this, I'll go post too!

6. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega FE Liquid
    Getting some mighty weird behavior here.. More or less hit a dev-wall, which finally prompted me to investigate if other tools worked at all. (probably should've done that 'first')

**Six reinstallations of 16.12.1 so far (on two machines). Per the batch of reinstalls: first "not cleaned" over 16.11.5, second wiped clean (DDU), third wiped clean with DDU + manual driver installation from safe-mode. (to prevent potential issues)

Dev systems running Windows 7 & 8.1 (R9 Fury-X):

-New ClockBlocker implementation: ADL5, 6, & 7 (OverdriveN) - cannot set clocks. 7 returns "ADL_OK" but no adjustment observed. (On the next read-back of clocks, clocks are unchanged.)

-- Can 'read' active clocks via ADL5, 6, & 7, cannot read 'default' clocks via 5 ... only via 6. OverdriveN doesn't have a method to read default mem-clocks as far as I can find? (only core clocks)

EDIT: Additional 'odd observations'.
    -ADL not returning any voltage information in performance levels. (does with all prior drivers)
    -ADL2_OverdriveN_Capabilities_Get & ADL_Overdrive6_Capabilities_Get lists 'default' clocks for the ranges. (which clearly shouldn't be the case and wasn't on prior driver versions)

^ Regardless of some things working sortof, feels very wrong due to the following:

-Wattman, cannot set clocks. (at all, absolutely nothing works in the CP other than the "Chill" checkbox)
    -Afterburner, cannot set clocks.

Is anyone seeing similar?

EDIT 2:
    -Not caused by installation of Crimson Software. (happening with base drivers standalone, CP not installed yet)
    -64bit or 32bit ADL dll's behave the same
    -cleanup and rollback to 16.11.5 == all software works as expected. (the new ADL implementations also working as expected, meaning it's probably not coding error)
    -manual registry cleanup making no difference. (DDU doing a pretty good job, that said)

I suppose a reinstall of Windows is due to rule that out next, to be completely sure this isn't a software problem.

EDIT 3:
    -Negative on Windows reinstall helping. It may be only on older OS's and it may only impact specific hardware (eg, not the 400 series).

Something is very wrong with ADL in these drivers though. Filing a report to AMD.

EDIT 4:
    -For the sake of clarity if someone from AMD winds up reading through here:

Yes, 'ODNControlType_Manual' is set for the performance levels -- and yes, I've tried NOT touching the first inherently 'disabled' level (power-saving state). **Apparently anything that I pass along results in ADL_OK when using ADL2_OverdriveN_SystemClocks_Set. Still investigating if this is specific to these machines.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Those settings have been removed, so vote for them to come back (click on the asterisk in the radeon panel), and if they get enough, they'll consider it :)

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

That's NOT a bug in MSI AB at all if AMD decide to remove some undocumented functionality from the driver. And seriously, anyone read the EULA of unofficial overclocking? It clearly says that this mode is provided to you with zero support from both AMD and MSI sides.

9. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    I hope triple buffering means for DirectX.

10. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Tell it how it is bro, that's always the best policy to have...

Now on the same subject, although AMD have been total arses regarding undocumented removal of functionality, is there possibly anything you can do to aid us in getting things under control again within AB with regard to ReLive drivers?

Any comment whether in support or not would be really appreciated dude as AB is awesome software, issues or not !!!

Peace... ;)

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DirectX does not provide triple buffering as OpenGL does.
    Since DirectX 10 everything pass through a DXGI swap chain. Every iteration od DirectX added a little more control over the swap chain, unfortunately Windows 7 didn't receive those updates.. The good news is that DirectX 12 allows more control then even before, if you are interested Intel have a showcase about it: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sample-application-for-direct3d-12-flip-model-swap-chains

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Got it , thank you for replying here Alexei , so it is indeed an AMD driver problem removing undocumented functionality from this new driver Crimson ReLive 16.12.1. , now we know again thank you for the explanation so that we can clearly understand.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Im Using ReLive 16.12.1 with AMD-Catalyst-15.11.1Beta-Nov14 :)
    I need Gamma profiles on TaskBar (I have CRT ;) Yes i know but im waiting for OLED HDR)

Here i've got every option including saturation (i have it on 119)

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    New Windows 10 Big Update Today ! (3.99GB)
    New ver. 14393.479

Maby it fixes some problems :)

15. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

That's not a driver problem as well. Unofficial overclocking mode is based on very old debug driver interface. It is not a part of overclocking functionality provided by AMD to vendors. It is not a part functionality supported by AMD in any form, there are no promises to keep it updated with future versions of drivers and hardware. So while it is still working - that's fine, but once it get broken or removed from drivers, it is hard to demand to get it back.

16. BoMbY

BoMbY Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X
    No, it only breaks your network on top.

17. James D

James D Member

GPU:
    GeForce 650m @1124MHz
    1. Oh RLY??! Have you tried clicking PREFERENCES by any means?
    2. It's a bug.
    3. Interface is great.

Funny, I still have it albeit my FPS limit option disappeared. WTF, AMD?
    [​IMG]

18. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

relive streaming to youtube works very well but also with maximum setting quality (ultra 1080p 60fps 10mbps) the video on youtube is too much compressed with "low quality"... i hope they improve the quality of streaming, with shadow play (when i had the 980ti) the video quality was better.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  20. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hey Guys,

Need a little help understanding what these drivers have done to my method prior to the new power saving features.

Prior I used Radeon Mod to Turn off Crimson Power Saving along with ULPS.

And then force a constant 100% clock via Asus GPU Tweek II.

I have a 290x underwater.

These new driver don't allow me to force a constant 100% clock via Asus GPU Tweek II.

And Crimson power saver is no longer displayed in RadeonMod.

I tried these new drivers and my results aren't good. :(

Thank you in advance :)