Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. BoMbY

BoMbY Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X
    Installed it yesterday, but didn't do much yet.

What I noticed:

The new installer needs a lot of work.

1. Language is stuck to system install language, not the current language setting, and can't be changed. (I installed Windows 10 on German, but I also installed the English language pack, and set this to be the default, but the Radeon Installer is still and only using German).

2. The new Installer didn't manage to put Radeon Settings into auto start.

3. The interface is very confusing, and doesn't abide to any common installer logic.

2. Mere

Mere Member Guru

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    I've just tested OBS with a new updated AMD plugin and I didn't have any freezes in Dishonored 2 recording at 1920x1200 60 fps ( Indistinguishable preset).

So, I guess there is something wrong with Relive.. But still, it's never a good idea to record a game using AMD GPU when almost all its VRAM gets used.

3. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    What about Async Compute with GCN 1.0? Is working or not? I heard they removed that feature.

4. vidard2k

vidard2k New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 460 OC 4GB
    A new BUG of the Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 driver is a white screen and windows (7 64bit) not responding when browsing internet on Google Chrome v54 (64bit). So the system must be hard reset. Happened few times already.
    Edit:
    So the crashes are not only happening on Firefox.

5. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Exactly my experience. As long as the refresh is 144hz there´s no flicker, but 1440p vsr drops down refresh to 100hz, and when exiting the game the refresh must go back to 144hz. The problem is, memory clocks don´t get fixed to the highest value and fluctuate, causing the flicker.

Like I said. I reinstalled the driver from scratch and haven't touched on memory clocks on primary card. In that case vram clock never goes down even when running games with vsr.

6. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    How to set manual voltages in wattman?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  7. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    It's broken on my system. With broken I mean: zero or very small performance improvement with synchronization issues (stuttering) OR (logical OR) +100% frame time, depending on the context. So it looks not completely disabled, but the driver are screwed. I am not using any game to test but ad hoc code that should runs better with "async-compute" enable and correctly working, this to assure there are no strange feature selectors like actual games do.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    You dont have to worry about that. You card is 1.2.

9. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7950 + HD7970 CF
    Of course, that is because Chill doesn't support 3DMark (it only supports 18 specific games) and testing with or without Chill doesn't make any difference.

Why am I not surprised...

Judging by all the stability issues people are reporting, especially with MSI AB, I guess will skip this driver.

10. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Yeah lol was a minor thing I forgot and overlooked but thanks for the reminder. Since then moved onto the bigger issues the 290/390 and wattman and 150 memory locks.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016

11. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega FE Liquid
    I can definitely understand the Afterburner behaviors as ADL looks pretty broken right now.

Default performance levels being read by the 5 & 6 API fails on my Fury w/ Win7 and 8.1 (don't know about Win10 or other cards), whereas reading of "current" states still works. OD7 doesn't seem effected.

-As you may have guessed this is ClockBlocker's issue as well.

12. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Anyone? :)

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 590
    Vinnie i have tried and tested this for you since we both using the same video cards and i cannot underclock the memory using wattman , it is not possible , and msi afterburner is broken with this driver :/ , maybe try Strixx or Asus GPU Tweak and report back your findings. I hope this helps.

14. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    Geez, dude, I know what I have in my case :banana: I'm just worrying about older cards owners.

Thanks

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'm getting constant black screens when I use wattman or msi afterburner to overclock my R9 390. I have tried OC with just one or the other. And I always get a black screen. The PC doesn't crash, the screen just goes black.
    I have uninstalled, cleaned with DDU and reinstalled several times, to no avail.
    These drivers are just broken.

Since these drivers don't seem to bring performance improvements over the 16.11.5, and I don't care about the new Chill and Relive features, I just quit removed these 16.12.1

For my experience, it has been many years since AMD has released a set of drivers this bad.

16. herpaderpa

herpaderpa Member

GPU:
    AMD
    yeah older cards got ported to newer overdriveN api
    which seems broken / not complete for these cards
    has amd heard of backward compatibility?

17. Jankes

Jankes Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB OC
    This driver is a no-go for me. GTA V/Online is crashing (ERR GFX D3D INIT) from time to time, sometimes im even unable to start the game, beacuse it crashes on first intro screen (simple app crash).

18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    2070S Stx A/RX480 X
    Even on Vulkan? How to test? Thanks.

19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vulkan users reports no performance changes under DooM.

20. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Ah, thanks for testing! :) Is it possible to request this feature at AMD?