Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Driver Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury X 4GB
    Seems like a nice amount of new features. I don't expect performance upgrades though. Most likely we already have those perf upgrades in previous drivers. Well more features are always nice.

2. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Actually apart from stuff like Freesync or HDR that require different display controllers, GCN 1.0 seems to be getting everything else, including Chill and Relive.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Now all they need is driver forced AO like by nvidia HBAO and it would be perfect. Ok almost, dx11 api overhead can still be a bit bad.

one interesting article how much AMD improved driver 480X since July vs 1060GTX.
    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru.../73945-gtx-1060-vs-rx-480-updated-review.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You will get SM6.0, its actually a dx api thing that will change to 6.0, not shader pipline.

[​IMG]free image uploader

And I cant wait for SM6.0, older games will run faster too :pc1::nerd:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    True, but that website isn't about reported factual news, it's a discussion of available rumours, true or not. In other words, it is an interest site and the information should be taken with a grain of salt.

7. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    Was it sarcasm or so? If not, could you elaborate that?

8. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    What would be even more awesome is if they gave their paying customers the fixes instead of turning it into advertisement through websites and you tubers. It's like hey guys check out all the new fixes for the product you paid for!!! Oh you want it now? Sorry we have to give it to reviewers first so they can tell you all about it!!! Makes ZERO sense at all.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I am more interested in newer games and how will they run.

I read SM6 will need gcn1.1 but Tj brought my hope back and maybe we'll see it in gcn1.0 as well.

10. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R7 260x
    Does this mean no more hidden **** that needs third-party tools to access? does this mean working "force vsync" in all games like the competitor? does this mean working triple buffering in pretty much every game like the competitor? I sure hope so

11. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7950 + HD7970 CF
    The only interesting thing I see in the slides is the "Game quality or performance may be degraded when launching multimedia content on a secondary display before running a game." bugfix which might be related to the GCN v1.0 UVD bug, though I wouldn't hold my breath. Everything else is useless PR.

P.S. If you search the text for the bugfix in google, you will get one result from atifans.club dated Nov 10, 2016; the site itself doesn't load, though.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    I hope this new drivers coming out tomorrow are good performance drivers as right now i need to squeeze every bit of performance left out this old 290X to tie me over until my R490X upgrade. So far the last 2 years with this annually big driver update has been incredible , i remember the Omega driver got me a big boost in performance in all games , same as Crimson , hopefully ReLive driver will be on the same page.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    It makes TOTAL sense to PR the hell out of this driver. Also when people with actual expertise have these drivers for a while, things that might not have cropped up in testing, will most likely come up. It's better for all of us. They have released five drivers just the last month dude.

Hm, interesting, I didn't see that. It might be a fix indeed. Everything else is far from useless PR actually. There seems to be a lot of improvement on the driver latency, a proper Shadowplay feature with an extra CPU-based frame limiter, HEVC encoding/decoding, and the Chill feature is the greatest curiosity of them all. It seems that the framework is there to implement other HiAlgo features like dynamic resolution also.

14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 GX 8GB
    On the 16.11.4 this was listed as fixed:
    Might be the same from another point of view. IIRC Omega and Crimson also listed fixes that came in non-whql drivers right before them. There's still hope, though, as your quote is more related to UVD clocks and concurrent 3D content.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Yes it will be :banana:

Some Recent History is in Place:

Omega Driver -> ~2k Bugs was squashed that day with this drivers, he he the good base to build drivers upon ;)

Crimson Driver -> Some bugs squashed, more performance for our GPUs, new Look and some new functionality (Shader Cache from Mantle now working in any API)

This Year Drivers -> ??

16. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Side question:

Does anyone know if there will be chipset drivers as well?

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Chris AKA Helgaiden here with a quick news blip. What do you all think?
    Anyways,
    AMD is going to be releasing a new Radeon driver suite that introduces alot nice things. The Chill feature will be very interesting, and the ReLive screen capture features sound like they will rival Shadowplay/Geforce Share! Im sure you AMD folks have been waiting a long time for something like that! Go go AMD! Do work, bros!

Crimson ReLive!// [Coalition News Blip]

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Seeing that review on HC showing DX11 performance to be about equal overall made me jelly. Someone go tell dr_rus and bring him some smelling salts. :banana:

19. Flano

Flano Banned

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 FURY X 4GB HBM
    I hope driver is soon... I cant wait! I need borderless fullscreen freesync, I hope it can work for me!

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Hope they fix CS5 issues under D3D12 for GCN1...

This is a big NO!

Under HLSL, SM6 brings updates to CS and PS only. And those are long awaited updates, especially for CS which did not received so much love so far in the last 5 years.
    VS, HS, DS and GS are not affected but for the bytecode format. We had to wait MS release to public the new authoring tools. Redstone2 is a good release date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.