Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.5.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 4, 2017.

1. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    Well, I had issue with few insider versions of Win 10, where my PC would freeze and sound would be buzzing, and then it would just un-freeze. But, this is not that issue. Anyway, I did used Insider version when this issue happened to, but reinstalling Windows to stable version from Microsoft's website (one you can download with Media Creator Tool) had the same issue. Now that I've reverted to 17.2.1 WHQL, the issue seems to have gone. I had install files of 17.2.1 in my PC, so that's why I tried reverting to that version. Will try some newer ones, to see if they also have this freezing issue, or not.

Never happened for me before, but also I don't play GW2. Hope it won't happen for me...

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Also check your sound card/USB drivers. It seems to me like you have DPC latency issues. I was blaming AMD until I realized it was my ASUS UniXonar driver, specifically its latest version (1825). I installed the 1823 version and everything went away.

3. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    Does it exclusively happen with GW2?
    A few of us have had this "no signal" issue when using 144hz monitors. We fixed it by underclocking our cards too, but it wasn't limited to a single game.

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    watching youtube videos in chrome and browsing in another window will result in the system hanging(first apps freeze and then mouse stops.) for about 1 minute before the driver recovers.

audio still plays though.

happens randomly....

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    This is an issue with this specific video card, I can confirm as I have the same card... any game will cause this for this card basically, at least all the games I have.

I fixed the issue by using these settings in wattman, this is my first.. and last Asus video card ever, I think next time I will go MSI.

[​IMG]

6. Warkratos

Warkratos Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 6Gb
    This issue is more frequently on Guild Wars 2, I just undervolted it and let the power limit at 0% (previously was using at 50%) and no crashes for now.

But I agree with you, this is my last Asus card.

7. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    Well, I have some C-Media 5.1 sound card, so it might be it that is causing the problem with 17.5.1. I'll try some older version of the driver to see if it'll work or not.

8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    I congratulate you for your courage running a D2X. I had to banish my DX because of the banshee scream of death that became prevalent under W10 and affects similar Asus cards based on oxygen HD c-media chips. It's the stuff of nightmares, brrrr.

9. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    @AlleyViper: It's a sound card i found in some old PC. Will change it soon.

EDIT: Reverted back to some older sound card driver, installed 17.5.1 drivers again, played 2-3 matches of NBA Playgrounds, seems to be working fine, no freezes so far. I'll test it more, to see will it happen, but it seems to be fixed now. Will let you know if freezing continues. Thanks guys :)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    I never ever had that issue with my Xonar. It's still head and shoulders above everything else that comes with the motherboard.

Try these.

http://maxedtech.com/download/uni-xonar-stxii-11-5-v1-80b-r3/

11. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X

I don't have Asus Xonar sound card. It's just some C-Media sound card, don't know which one actually.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Can you paste here its Hardware Ids from the Device Manager? You can find them by right clicking on the card under Sound, video and game controllers --->Properties --->Details ---> Select Hardware Ids from the list.

Mine is like so:

[​IMG]

That way we can find exactly what you have.

13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    @PrMinisterGR Consider yourself lucky :). It's been a plague on ST, STX, STX II, DX, D2X AV100/AV200 (CMI8788) Asus cards for some time. Affected systems did it very rarely under W7 or W8, but since W10 came out it became way more frequent like twice in a week. No one ever figure if it's related to (many!) defective cards, or specific hardware combinations or settings (does it on all drivers, and only Linux seems safe from it). But maaaany things were tried without result. There's this well know thread about it here.

I've used a DX for 6 years without such recurring problem from Vista to 7, 8.1 (except for the random+rare low volume right channel bug that requires a driver restart), but since changing to W10 it started saying hello too often.

These cards will randomly start emitting a 100% full blast (no matter your actual setting) volume 6KHz pitched noise when a sound starts (most common way to trigger it is when advancing YT videos), that depending on what you're doing or how late at night, will either scare you to death, make you throw expensive headphones out of panic or at least leave your ears ringing for a while and curse loudly.

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Wasn't that connected to increasing volume over +0dB in the mixer? I never did that for any part of the mixer, the equalizer and the balancer, and I never had an issue. Same for the balance on the left. I'm also always at 24bit/48kHz. Also using the Unixonar 1823 based driver is the best you can do. If you still have it, give it a try with the above settings/software.

15. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X

Here it is mate... I hope you can tell me which one I really have, as I really don't know. :D

[​IMG]

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    That seems like a really prehistory C-Media card. If it's a separate card it might still perform better than the integrated one though. I don't believe that there is any other driver better around.

17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    OT: Unfortunately it has nothing to do with it (or windows channel or sampling settings btw), on my side I was using vanilla cp mixer settings at 76/100 (same as not pushing over 0db on C-Media panel), and no processing. When it happens, the output volume will ignore any soft volume setting. Took the card out a year and a half ago, and I prefer to use a really bad onboard on my secondary PC than to suffer from that again.

Official or Uni doesn't solve the problem for affected users, or even using drivers without GX stuff, only C-Media panel etc. 1823 aren't free from it (I've tested at the time, both uni or Asus own, and then said *enough*), and the newer 1825 that are W10 only also suffer the same. The thread I've linked has had endless reports of fiddling with all the settings you can imagine, but the problem always comes back under W10 after it seems solved because of its random nature.

Edit: Btw, on the UniXonar page its now referenced on the FAQ at .18. Also, many moons ago a MS audio rep said they'd look at it, but there wasn't any follow up to it (link). A clip of the white noise problem happening (the user then restarts the driver); btw, it doesn't really convey how loud it is when it happens.

18. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    Just as I tought so :D

19. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    with creators update microsoft have introduced an audio bug, worst is dts connect or dolby live broken on realtek and cmedia chips, you can google that

caused by implementing something like spatial sound

we have noticed and reported to microsoft the bug, they have found a solution and published a fix for the insider preview builds but still no eta for the bug being solved for all of the normal builds..

my 2 cents.. that issue is related to this

20. Daddio

Daddio Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX1080 G1
    Ok So today I just took Delivery of My Ryzen 5 1600 CPU.
    I Have been building My AMD ( ONLY ) computers since my first K 55 single overclockable chip, and Will Never Bow down to Intel.
    I have Sapphire R9 390 x Nitro with Backplate . Its a Pretty Good Card competes Nicely with 480 ,580, 1070, and I already Own it .
    As an adult I cant just throw 1000.00 at my new Build.
    Im buying my new build one week at a time next will be 16 G Gskill 3200 Mem. Not the Rip Jaws or trident the other one that starts with an F 172.00 on Newegg as of today.
    If AMD wants me to buy these new parts , as much as I do.
    They will Put serious effort into fixing the R9 390 Debacle!
    Now I see some posts that this driver may be The Fix.
    But Im no rush, Afer all Im waiting till they get Bios updates out to fix the 3200 memory mess in the x 370 MB.
    Ill be using my 390x GPU in my new build.
    Ill be watching guru 3d for the facts. I havnt been around in several years But realise that THIS is the best place to go for sitrep and Im Glad you guys do the heavy lifting.
    AMD\ATI partners. Gert your S%$# together. Ill try a new Driver only when you guys confirm that it works and works well
    Thanks Guys and Gals