Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.5.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 4, 2017.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    I proved the description bit to be wrong.

The easiest way to determine whether the nvidia control panel's Triple Buffer makes a difference is to run Crysis with Triple Buffer and Vsync on, then run it again with Triple Buffer disabled and leaving the Vsync on. If your framerate drops to half of what your monitor's refresh rate is (Double Buffer) then you'll have your answer. Recommended OS to try this on is Windows 7.

2. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    I dont have Crysis, nor windows 7 anymore. I "upgraded" to 10 because my AMD box does get noticable benefits from DX12 when available in games (DX:MD comes to mind), and added 10 to my Nvidia box for direct comparison purposes.

However, I'll load up Thief, a game I know has the option to double or triple buffer vsync, and see if I notice any difference using the NVCP in lieu of the in-game options.

Edit: Couldnt get thief to load---getting a CTD every time I load it. Could have been broken for a while, I havent played it in ages.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  3. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    The results will likely be negative.

4. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Apparently these drivers perform worse for me in mafia3. While firestrike is a bit lower too, it's not dramatically. But the 17.1.2 deliver more fps in mafia3 and give a much smoother feeling to the game.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Reported to AMD about game profile overrides are not applying.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Why is it that sometimes when playing a video with media player classic the video freezes before it plays... there is like a pause and if you are moving the mouse at that moment the mouse pauses too, it doesn't happen all the time.. but sometimes.

It started when I got my new video card, it didn't happen with my now deceased R9 270.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Does it happen with VLC also? I've never had any freezes starting a video.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I just tried and it does not... hmm.. so it must be MPC + this new video card?

:V

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Windows 10 CU + New card + new drivers, who knows.

Maybe you should stick with VLC for now. ;)

10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    It also happens with my RX480 since I got it (and a later bios change did nothing on it), it did also happen under W10 1607, not only on 1703, MPC-HC 1.7.10 and 1.7.11 (including a later nightly). For a very short while when MPC-HC is starting, mouse movement will stutter due to freezes. This will also happen on my 7870 (or older 7970 IIRC), but the time it takes seems way shorter, so it's much less noticeable. Having shader cache enabled doesn't seem to affect this startup time.

Sometimes it becomes much more noticeable after running windows for while, and not only for this behavior when opening a clip, but after when closing MPC-HC too. It'll show the same behavior for a bit longer and mouse movement will also jump all over due to freezes.

I guess it's either related to Polaris, or Polaris under AM3/3+ board. Before you I haven't seen any report about this issue.

PS: KissSh0tAcerolaOrionHeartUnderBlade was exceeding max chars for username? :grin:

Last edited: May 13, 2017

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Had this problem with old drivers + MPC-HC...

Update your drivers and if there are already updated (17.5.1)

Try to update MPC-HC, the latest one is 1.7.11.24 aka K-Lite Codec Pack 13.1.6 Mega w/ 13.1.7 update!

Hope that helps.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    [​IMG]

Pretty much..

--

Ohh I didn't think about the codecs... I am using the Sharky007 codec pack, will have to see if there is a new version.

13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    Oh, regarding that detail: I'm using MPC-HC vanilla. Using default or optimal renderer settings doesn't change it, or switching from EVR Custom to EVR Sync as renderer. Doesn't seem also shader related, as I only use YV12 upsampling on pre-render, but disabling it doesn't change it.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  14. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 4GB
    Anyone got his computer freezing and having to restart afterwards with this driver on Win 10? I actually don't know if the driver is causing this, but it happens to me when gaming (I think it doesn't happen in every game - didn't happened in NieR Automata so far), and also sometimes when watching movies. My PC would just freeze and I'd have to restart it, as it will stay frozen. I have an R9 270X, and I don't think it's faulty. My RAM, PSU and HDD are all good too, same as CPU. Don't really know what is causing the issue. If anyone has or had same issue, let me know please. It's quite annoying. I'll try with Crismon 17.2.1 WHQL, just to see if it's driver.

15. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Yeap... me too

16. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 4GB
    I got back to 17.2.1 WHQL and everything seems fine so far, no freezes at all. Game that I've been playing for the past 2 or 3 days is NBA Playgrounds, and it would freeze my PC like in every 2nd or 3rd match. I've played it for like an hour or so today, worked just fine. Do you perhaps know in which driver did this freezing started? So I know which is the latest one I can use.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    How do those freezes look? Screen just froze or the card crashes with some artifacting?

18. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 4GB
    Screen just freeze, and PC gets unrensponsive, meaning I can't do anything to un-freeze it, besides restarting it.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Also had a freeze not long ago with the latest W10 CU update but the screen got messed up , sound was still ongoing but also froze. Who knows, maybe its nothing, maybe its related or just maybe my card is dying. :D

20. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 6Gb
    I get "no signal" from my monitor when playing Guild Wars 2 for a couple of minutes. System gets unresponsive and I had to hard reset my PC. Underclocking my card seems to fix this issue.