Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.11.1 driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 3, 2017.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Mantle works just fine for me.
    BF 4 tested.

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    FF to be honest. Others are reporting odd 5 sec pausing before a video starts on FF. Have you tried Chrome? That shouldn't be a problem.

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    Just to confirm, Mantle also shows on a RX480. v9.1.10.0228.

4. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Any driver past 17.7.2 is a total fail for my rx580....Wolf2 was a disaster until we were able to use the older drivers...I guess we have to wait for the next full whql release and maybe not even then. I wish there was a guide to update vulkan api and driver part on older working drivers

5. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    i used the "Update" button inside Crimson, but why the frack does that have the "Bethesda Launcher 1.00.000" included in this software package?

[​IMG]

WTF?

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    The Bethesda "Launcher" not only is OPTIONAL and it's NOT TICKED by default, it's also just a web link. Not an app.

7. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    i still have absolutly no fkn idea why that is supposed to be bundled with my GPU drivers?

8. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    It's not a bundle, it's just a shortcut to a website. And it isn't installed by default.

Back in the ATI Catalyst days there used to be shortcuts to Folding@Home or something like that IIRC. Harmless.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Well it's not loading but it's also not giving a error message so something might be happening, later tonight then? (For this time zone here in Sweden at least, AMD tends to release fairly late at night for their drivers though there's been some exceptions.)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-17.11.2-Release-Notes.aspx
    Should just time out now.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-17.11.3-Release-Notes.aspx
    Standard not found error message as there's nothing available.
    (And 17.11.1 loads as usual of course.)

EDIT: Doubt it'll work but I guess trying to find the file directly might be possible if it's uploaded.

Can't just download it directly though but it has to be referred via support.amd.com via e.g a download manager far as I remember so trying to do this:
    https://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/N...deon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.11.1-Nov2.exe

Should just error out.

Would be something like:
    https://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/N...deon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.11.2-NovX.exe

When it's available with X being anything from November 3rd to 6th or 7th I guess but I doubt it's already available. :)

EDIT: File name would be different and a different path too if it's going to be WHQL come to think of it, could happen.

wuest3nfuchs likes this.
  10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Its OPTIONAL, why? Because AMD & Bethesda work together. RELAX.

I love your posts, lol (no joke).

I think they are working/testing the Anniversary edition by now....I believe end of the month they are gonna release a beta and december WHQL.

11. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    Could you tell me more about SM 6.0 and 6.1? I'm asking because I can't find any reliable information about that. For instance, I'm wondering what that means for players, will we get perceptible difference or only devs will get benefits of that? Also, what about compatibility? Is it true that all GCN cards will support newer shader model?

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    12_0 GPU's should support the majority of shader model 6 and 6.1 far as I remember, I will have to look that up again though. :)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/mt733232(v=vs.85).aspx

Next is probably 6.2 ( https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXShaderCompiler/issues/256 ) seeing how DirectX 12 and even DirectX 11 will be continually updated along with Win10 though WDDM 2.3 for Windows 10 RS3 appears to have been a altogether pretty minor update adding in mainly more HDR functionality though going by both AMD and Nvidia and their drivers and how the current HDR compatible games handle it well there's room for improvement.

That and the RS3 HDR changes appear to target DirectX 12 only so not really of much benefit to any games using DX11 which the majority still use.

EDIT:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/o...creators-update-build-16299-15.416866/page-24

DXGI 1.6 and WDDM 2.3 from the Windows 10 RS3 (1709) topic. :)
    (EDIT: Mainly DXGI 1.6 it seems but yeah most of these target D3D12 specifically.)

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    So more threading and such but it's still down to the developers to utilize it and implement it well, biggest blocker for low-level API usage and adaption I'd imagine whereas over the years most developers are now very familiar with DX11 and perhaps drawing on some of the improvements from 11.1 when there's gains from doing so. (Still not too many game engines that outright requires 11.1 from what I know, but there's a few now and several others support both 11.0 and 11.1 too.)

Unsure how much of a impact drivers have on this too, obviously it appears they are still needed as DX12 support and Vulkan SDK bits are important for functionality even if more is now in the hands of the actual developers (Rip multi-GPU support or at least timely support I guess, bigger studios like say Epic, Crytek or Dice probably have a better chance of working more closely with AMD and Nvidia on supporting these things.) DirectX 12 in particular is also held back by still requiring Windows 10 TH2 or newer I believe is the official recommended minimum OS version whereas Vulkan at the moment works on Windows 7 and newer.

Gains aren't all there either, initially devs and GPU manufacturers promised pretty unrealistic improvements and then the early games mostly showed a 5 - 10% gain at best though these first few games probably didn't utilize the full extent of the API either.
    DOOM showcased Vulkan pretty well on AMD hardware but it might be more that they showcased AMD's poor OpenGL performance even if VLK has improvements over OGL too. :D
    (Nvidia has also caught up in support, though the Vulkan beta driver is still using newer components than the main driver releases are last I checked.)

Then there's been crashes, stability issues and performance problems and display bugs to contend with although as developers get better at using these API's and move away from DX11 and OGL this should improve naturally, took a few years for DX11 adaption to kick off and it'll probably be longer here since low-level API development is more complex, can't really just "port" XBox or PS4 to PC since the API differs though devs like Carmack already said as much years ago.

Given time then perhaps it can pick up again, initially AMD supported games saw DX12 used and some of the Win10 UWP titles from MS owned studios (Or studios developing licenses MS owned such as with Remedy.) also used it though some developers (Remedy.) went on to say they were more familiar with DX11 and then kinda proved it when Quantum Break on Steam improved NVidia GPU performance on DX11 and for AMD they didn't really see that big of a performance drop I believe plus there's no issues with UWP for the Steam version or other restrictions. (PC version took time though and initially MS wasn't really giving Remedy the needed support they had wanted and then the Steam version took longer still and retained some restrictions such as no download for the 4k episode cutcsenes between chapters.)

EDIT: Perhaps game adaption will improve over time again for both Vulkan and DX12, Vulkan actually being able to compete with DirectX would be nice but DX11 is still in the lead and Vulkan only has a handful of titles using it though several bigger game engines now support the API better. :)
    (Haven't heard too much of DX12, perhaps Battlefront 2 will have support for it but Dice doesn't seem to be getting much out of DX12 for their games aside from players running into issues with it though they probably have a pretty tight DX11 implementation into the engine by now working really well as-is.)

EDIT: I do learn a bit by reading but understanding of these API's is still a bit above my level of knowledge, still it's interesting to see how they improve and update both DX12 and Vulkan over time and how games support these API's and what they get out of them, Wolfenstein 2 would probably have been pretty rough for AMD if it had relied on OpenGL 4.5 but that is also more on AMD's side though the API does seem to have a bit of baggage now with VLK offering a fresh start. (And being multi-threaded among other key improvements I would assume.)

No idea when the full Vulkan 1.1 update will be released either, current 1.0.6.5 version seems to have some nice bug fixes and additions but there's been some nice fixes for most updates to the API though it will likely take time for actual games and software to update to newer SDK builds and start drawing on some of these additions whether it's AMD and Nvidia implemented extensions or core fixes and changes overall. :)

But I guess that's the same for Shader Model 6 and 6.1 for Win10 and DirectX 12, hard to tell how that will work until we have some titles actually using these features.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SM 6.0 brings support to per-wave level operations, while before was per-thered and everything was left to the driver. Those changes should be focused on pixel and compute shaders only.
    SM 6.1 should add more additional semantics focused on geometries (like barycentric semantics).
    SM 6.x requires the new DXIL compiler and as far I know there is not exposed in the older DXBC compiler.
    Most of current DirectX 12 graphics cards should support SM 6.0 (Fermi and at least Intel Haswell should are not going to get SM 6.0). SM 6.1 is still experimental and I am not sure what will be the support among current GPUs, but at least all GCN GPUs should support barycentric semantics.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Rambo, JonasBeckman and Valerys like this.
  15. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    no news about the new drivers :( .

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Working fine for DA:I

17. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    What is up with the Forza Horizon 3 thing in recent drivers? This is what? 3rd? 4th time they mess it up?

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    What problems you have?

19. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Starting from 17.10.2, loading times are again around 10 minutes. And transferring from garage to world seems a bit more sluggish.

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX