Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Flano

Flano Banned

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 FURY X 4GB HBM
    I have issues with this driver, none present in 16.9.1

GTA V.

2. Framani

Framani Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8G
    16.9.2 are buggy as hell or is it me? I have nitro+ 470 8 gb and my fans have been ramping up randomly whether I play a game, watch a movie or do some work, the fans would become crazy and start spinning like if they were about to take off from my case, :3eyes:. I'm not the only one with this issue, right? 16.9.1 are perfectly fine, though. Catalyst wattman would hang occasionally and reset my preferences with both drivers mentioned. I doubt it must be normal, any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Something similar was happening to me with AC:Unity. It seemed that there was a trigger (usually in game), connected to rendering/texture resolution, that when exceeded, the game would crawl after. It seems like you're hitting a VRAM limitation that halts everything afterwards.

4. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I ran Doom4 @1440p with 7870 2GB, no stutter, no hiccups...but I had the same 15fps bug with problematic 16.9.x drivers. I'm back on last stable(for me) 16.8.2 and no worries here.

5. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Thx for reply. I am not alone with this problem :nerd:
    I'm tested and on OpenGL4.5 is more stable fps. On Vulkan is more fps, but is this stupid 15fps bug...

6. illwieckz

illwieckz New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 390X 8GB
    They are Linux compositing windows managers (like DWM in Windows). The only exception is Nautilus which is not a compositor but a Linux file-manager, but it can also handle more stuff like wallpaper (like explorer.exe does). They are probably listed there because those at AMD obsiously mutualize stuff among platforms. And perhaps some of them can run on Windows too (with Cygwin/VcXsrv etc.) but I have not verified.

7. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    I've had to revert back to 16.8.2, the 16.9.x drivers have broken video playback in MPC-BE+MadVR (entering fullscreen mode causes it to crash with a horrible memory leak occuring).

8. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I use 16.8.2 last stable AMD drivers.

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    The Flickering problem people are talking about is with freesync or with 144hz?
    Still dont understand...im looking for a freesync (60hz-75hz) monitor, thats why im asksing.

10. z8373767

z8373767 Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    My two friends have AOC G2260VWQ6 (with 75Hz and Freesync enabled). One have R9 285, other RX 470. Connected via DP. They don't report me any flickering problem.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Okay cool, thanks for the feedback! :nerd:

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    I just had a very weird occurrence of the idle frequencies bug. I was modding Skyrim, the game crashed, the exe terminated, but the card remained stuck at 1150/1500. It has remained stuck like that after disabling/enabling through the Device Manager, restarting the driver through RadeonMod, and restarting the computer.

Before someone blames my poor Quadrobake, I should say that reinstalling the driver fixes it...

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    It could also be whatever subroutine reporting the data also died and was only reporting the last known sensor reading.

14. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Yea, but reinstalling it fixes idle bug only for 24 hours, next day same story...so I'm back on 16.8.2.

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    All that combined with complete video/MadVR weirdness and the total crashiness of using ENB with Skyrim, looks to me like the Windows 10 driver is still VERY shaky. I wish there was some feedback on what they're doing about it.

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    WDDM 2.1 breaks DirectX9, apparently. If you configure MadVR to use DirectX11, all is good. And I haven't seen the idle-clock bug in a long while. The only thing that's different in my system compared to back then is I don't use Crimson Control for overclocking and am running MSI Afterburner to maintain a custom fan curve instead.

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    MadVR using DX11 still breaks the 2D elements that Kodi uses for its interface.

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Decided to try MadVR for the first time, with MPC-BE. Default settings, working perfectly with 16.9.2.

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    I dom't use Kodi so no idea about that. And judging from Chastity's feedback, I'm starting to believe the MadVR issue is limited to HD 7000 only.

20. Goiur

Goiur Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56
    My MPC-HC+MadVR is broken too, both of them up to date.

If i "full screen" videos sound keeps working fine but video freezes.