Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19 (18.12.2) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 13, 2018.

1. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
  2. MaestroBayten

MaestroBayten Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 6950xt
    18.12.3-->My Vega 64 Frequenzy spikes up to 1800mhz+ without any crash.
    Also Auto Tunig seems still buggy, causing the Driver to crash.

3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Don't know if anyone cares, but overriding anti-aliasing in a game profile is now working again after a long time.

4. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    Wow. Nice :)

5. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I can play many hours with the auto undervolt some days, then the very next day i will crash several times an hour.. i just leave it alone for now... i dont think my vega likes to be messed with.

6. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    18.12.2 good for me everything works but new 18.12.3 has issues so stick with this driver is my advice problem with 18.12.3 detailed below.

New driver blocks fan adjustment with sapphire Trixx version 6.4 and 6.6 which worked perfectly with ALL previous drivers so this has a recurrence of the 0% fan bug that was not present previously on the rx580 nitro+ , gone back too 18.12.2 and the issue has gone away

7. Jouven

Jouven Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro OC
    Which AA setting and which game?

8. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    2x/4x Super Sampling in Rocket League. I will test other games.

9. Ivo

Ivo Active Member

GPU:
    6550m @ 735/975
    Has anyone tested this set extensively using older hardware, like the 280x? I can't use any newer driver from the past 6 months or so without having issues. By issues I mean that every time I restart the PC, I have to re-scan my hardware in device manager so that I get them working. This is with and without a clean install, using DDU.

Some times the PC will even crash at first boot and self restart. Tried 3 or 4 driver sets in the past 6 months.

10. ht_addict

ht_addict Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Vega64(CF)
    Anyone get Tomb Raider to work when CF enabled! Is it a driver or game issue?

11. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    I noticed some very strange behavior with this driver. From some months I tried to replay Crysis 2 but on every driver since the introduction of Adrenalin branch I was stuck with ~50 fps on this game and very low GPU utilization, around 35-45%. Every time some new driver was released I got the same results. I tried everything (reinstalling the game without any mods, W7 compatibility mode, disable full screen optimization, messing with affinity, priority) but the fps remain the same. Couple of days ago I open Shadow of the Tomb Raider in menu screen and on the same time I opened Crysis 2 and when I watched the fps where above 120.
    Does anybody has problems with CryEngine games and low GPU utilization? or maybe is something wrong with my system ? or maybe there is a bug with AMD drivers and CryEngine.

Beside this issue, the driver is the best so far for me on the rest of the games that I have.

12. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    there appears to be a bug with the memory tuning option, seems that if you both oc the memory frequency along with setting the timing tuning level, apon restart, the memory timings will be set for the stock memory frequency(way too tight) and then it will set the memory frequency, this leads to a situation where you end up with the tuned timing strap for 1750mhz at memory speeds like 2100mhz, and can cause heavy artifacting and instability upon restart, this does not happen when the powerplay table is used to set the memory frequency instead.

13. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Mate, you're not alone in this boat. I recently got a Vega 56 and right now I was testing Crysis 3. It seems those games should have been updated to properly support newer hardware or something. The game downclocks my GPU in such a heavy way, that I go from over 100fps to under 30 in certain areas. I was just trying ClockBlocker to try and force it to use my OC settings, but that won't work either.

Or maybe, as you said, there's a bug in these drivers.

I would appreciate it if anyone knew any solution for this crap and could share it.

Peace!

14. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Hi,
    I had the same experience with Crysis 3 - severe drops in fps. My GPU - Fury - is not new (mid 2015) and I remember playing Crysis 2 with this graphic card and with an FX 8370 without any problem. The problem is not the downclock of your card (mine stay at max frequency all the time), but the low gpu usage, which in you're case is making the card to downclock. Something is limiting the gpu usage, probably a driver bug or maybe nobody at AMD care to optimize the drivers for this games....
    Anyway like I said in my previous post try with another game in the background (not in taskbar) or even with the browser playing a youtube clip. I'm curious if this is fixing the issues in Crysis 3 also

15. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Alright, I'll give it a shot and report back

16. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Haven't been able to fix it. My guess is that it's a bug in the drivers. I may try Crysis 1 & 2 when I have some time to spare.

17. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Im going back to 18.10
    New package does not work for me.