Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Sep 19, 2018.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Link: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-18-9-2-driver-download.html

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 Highlights:

Support For:

• F1™ 2018
      • Up to 3% faster performance in F1 2018 using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 at 2560x1440 (1440p).RS-249
    • Fortnite
      • Up to 5% faster performance in Fortnite using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 at 1920x1080 (1080p).RS-250
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider™
      • Up to 4% faster performance in Shadow of the Tomb Raider using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 at 2560x1440 (1440p).RS-251
    • Star Control®: Origins
      • Up to 17% faster performance in Star Control: Origins using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 at 3840x2160 (4K).RS-252
    Fixed Issues:
    • Star Control®: Origins may experience particle corruption on some cloud textures
    Known Issues:
    • Some AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics system configurations may experience a black screen during installation downgrade to a previous Radeon Software version. A recommended workaround is to perform a clean install during Radeon Software installation.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
    • System configurations with 16+ CPU cores may experience a random system reboot during installation when upgrading Radeon Software from a version older than RSAE 18.8.1. A clean installation is recommended when performing this Radeon Software upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2018
    HK-1, Eastcoasthandle, OnnA and 2 others like this.
  2. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    Please somebody report this bug to AMD. They should be testing with i7 7700X CPU. This is bad testing practise with k CPU.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nothing in the profile file for this against 18.9.1

AMD694C.1 = "Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics - Unlocked"
    AMD694C.2 = "Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics"
    AMD694E.1 = "Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics"

These are in the INF now with sections for RX Vega M GPU support. (And VegaMDS)

And this was added to [ati2mtag_SoftwareDeviceSettings] so custom skin support? (Maybe a later feature to come?)
    HKR,, AllowSkins, %REG_SZ%, "true"

Embra, Krteq, LocoDiceGR and 2 others like this.
  4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Compare/contrast
    Nvidia just released 411.63. They've included something of peculiarity
    I didn't know you could use vulkan for HDR support in windows. What would be the benefit? I can only assume AMD could do it as well.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's one of the recent extensions. :)

https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Merging in at least the August changes from their development Vulkan driver.
    But AMD only supports up to 1.1.77.1 as of now I believe so a bit after the current latest and in development runtimes. https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows
    (DXVK wrapping D3D11 -> VLK for Linux primarily recently added support for some interesting features via I think 1.1.84.1 too so that seems like it might be the next version coming out.)

EDIT: You can still use the latest loader/runtime though since it's backwards compatible. I use it for bug fixes although the core of it is in the driver specific Vulkan files and not the loader ones here.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    :D

Working Great so far.
    IMO it has better performance than previous ones.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Do you believe that nvidia might be going "all in" with vulkan?

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It would certainly seem so, the Vulkan development driver is updated frequently against the newer SDK builds and contains support for the latest extensions both universal and NVIDIA's own together with bug fixes and other improvements.
    I assume the same holds up for DirectX 12 too and now with RTX and the features it can provide via either VLK or DX12 it's going to be even more important to have these two API's at peak condition and performance from what the driver can do at least.
    (Since a lot is now up to the actual developers though having engineer support from NVIDIA can probably speed up the implementation of low-level API support significantly.)

AMD isn't that far behind but a lot of the known changes and fixes are from the open source involvement in Linux and projects around that where we can see some of the changes for upcoming hardware and software whereas on Windows I don't think they have a public development driver or similar although periodically the Vulkan driver is updated and a newer runtime is included which is usually the most obvious indicator for it having changed in a newer driver.

Same for DX12 I would assume, I don't have any info but their cards are performing well and stability is good plus you can see they managed to get some extra gains out of Shadow of the Tomb Raider with 18.9.2 here tested under DX12 :)
    DirectX 11 is unlikely to go anywhere anytime soon and will co-exist with DX12 although for Linux I can see Vulkan slowly replacing OpenGL although OGL is also not going away anytime soon I'd imagine.
    (On that note I don't think AMD has full OGL 4.6 support yet either but it's only missing a few things last I heard but the driver overall here is not that good for the Windows drivers or so I keep hearing.)

Eastcoasthandle and OnnA like this.
  9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I tested it in Path OF Exile (My main game) , No problems at all, everything is good as always.

10. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    i just heard maybe a Polaris refresh is comeing from amd if true most likely on 12nm :)

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Everything seems to be running in ACC at least. Tested without AMD Settings, ReLive and Afterburner.

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    thanks for the info.
    I can only wonder since Turing does so well. It would seem that this would help AMD with vulkan adoption.

From my limited understanding AMD was said to be going all in with 7nm at TMSC. Although it's not clear what business they will still do at Glofo.

Can you post a screen shot using MSI AB frame rates? I like to know what kind of performance you are getting. I've held off on buying the game because many were saying the performance was bad on AMD cards.

13. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    Hi LocoDiceGR, I see that you have a 380. I have a problem with this driver and my 380.

I have a 185W power limit set in the bios, but this driver seems to be bocking the power limit to ~ 140W.

Do you or anybody have the same problem?

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I dont mess around with that stuff, i have everything default/stock, also i dont run any 3rd party programs in general.

15. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    Ok thanks, sorry. It seems that now it is ok after a system restart. I changed the power limit % slide to a lower value and it seems that some times setting it back to 100% is not working.

Is weird because I remember to restart the pc after testing and asking, because I had a black screen after restarting from sleep the PC. I don't know if the black screem is a windows or a driver problem.
    Do you or anybody have the same problem?

16. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I also have 380 but same as locodicegr i do not mess with power limit, especially on bios level so unfortunately i can't help you on that. The only thing i can say is i have minor issues like in shadow of mordor i have odd screen blackout for a second once per random amount of minutes and in bf1 with dx12 changes in radeon settings done to bf1 profile seem to be not applied, like fps cap and mlaa.

17. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    Thanks. I just remember that I did the power limit bios mod months ago because of this problem, is only 20w more.

I don't have these games to test, sorry. I have tested the frame rate target control to use the Enhanced Sync in some games and now is working for me, but was not working in some games about a month ago, maybe is a random fail, I don't know.
    Edited: But is not working into game profiles, is working only if it's set into global settings.

About the screen blackout for a second in games, I don't have the problem, I only see this when testing OCs or when testing to enable FreeSync in non FreeSync monitors. AlthoughI I don't have a FreeSync monitor I see a new FreeSync option into the game profiles, that is set to AMD optimiced, maybe it is causing the problem, and setting it off can solve it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  18. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Enhanced sync didn’t work for me for some time on RX580, with this release is working fine again.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  19. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    I think I have a problem with these drivers. I am getting a black screen on my main monitor connected to the 390 while the other monitor connected to the iGPU remains fine. The main monitor then disconnects, the system locks up but the audio continues on normally for a while. I have to hard reset. This is only happening when watching videos in browser or idling. Hardware acceleration is turned off. Happening randomly. I went back to 18.9.1 and will see if the issue is solved. Also there is a problem with a combination of Hwinfo, Radeon Relive host application and the Intel iGPU drivers. The first gets stuck at Analyzing the PCI bus, the second constantly using 35% of the CPU and the latter apparently is the culprit. Uninstalling the latest Intel drivers and using the Windows Update drivers from 2016 fixes the behaviour of the other two.

20. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    I had some minor motion judder (games) with this driver but DDU fixed that - all dandy now!