Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Jul 12, 2018.

1. mystik

mystik Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900xt N+
    RE: Adrenaline -- all the drivers have worked properly until 18.4.1, then the problems started appearing and getting worse with every driver past that. 18.3.4 were the last drivers that did not exhibit this issue.
    I can, and have, clean installed 18.3.4 and a few others before that (i've deleted them since) without any problems, but no amount of clean installing 18.4.1 or above makes them "monitor stable" for me, so it seems to be something they've been changing since 18.4.1.
    Also, I should update my info -- I have an RX580 now and not the 290x.

My RX580 has Hynix memory.

As of right now, I'm stuck on 18.5.2. VSR does not work for me any longer (screen blanking on any VSR resolution BUT the highest) but native works.
    18.6.1 and above, even native resolution has the screen blanking every 1-2 seconds.

Thanks for the info, though.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  4. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I'm guessing they were expecting the game to be more popular? It's not even in top 100 on Steam yet AMD are marketing the changes hard...

Also OnnA, the driver stability test was clearly tested on 18.5.1, can you please stop posting irrelevant stuff to the current driver thread when we have a whole sub for driver discussion?

RzrTrek likes this.

5. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    Friend with RX 580 report me this tweak + disabled Full Screen Optimization in .exe solved Witcher 3 tearing problem for him.

OnnA likes this.
  6. FookDat

FookDat Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT Red Devil
    RX480 flashed to RX580.

Can not use any driver above 18.2.1, all drivers after 18.2.1 cause a Micro stutter lag freeze with my mouse.
    I can move the mouse for 2-3 seconds then the mouse freezes for 1 second and this continues forever.

I have even reformatted and reinstalled all latest drivers and chipset.
    AMD is sucking

RzrTrek likes this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Updated to the 19th instead of the 12th, guessing the driver was WHQL'd now?

EDIT: English! Well eh I guess it's pretty clear anyways but yeah the downloaded file has a newer date now so it was updated with what I assume is WHQL certification signatures. :)

EDIT: CCC2_Install.exe ? So they bundled in the legacy control panel installer again for some reason with these, thus the larger file size.

EDIT: And these have the Microsoft signatures now but no the AMD ones? Well it's a digital signature so it probably doesn't matter as long as the drivers are signed.

EDIT: And the INF cuts the VegaM entries for this newer version.

That's these two entries and some sections here and there in the INF itself when compared to the July 12th version.
    (Version of the driver itself is the same, package version differs a bit but that's all.)

AMD694C.1 = "Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics"
    AMD694E.1 = "Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics"

EDIT: And nothing in atiapfxx.blb differing so no new profiles or at least not from this file.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Jackalito, LocoDiceGR and OnnA like this.
  8. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    An interesting observation, ive noticed that the overclocking seems to be improved, not sure if its this driver or a previous one, but it would appear that the automatic voltage adjustment is much better than the last time i gave it a whirl,
    i can now do 1410mhz (from around 1100mhz stock) by merely increasing the powerlimit and increasing the frequency slider. Dont have to manually adjust the voltages or pstates at all. (before it would top out around 1300mhz~ without tweaking the voltage manually )

Really the only feature wattman could use would the ability to set a voltage offset, then it would be basically perfect.

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Are you talking between 18.7.1 12th to 18.7.1 19th drivers or 18.7.1 to some other previous released driver?

10. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    just from the last time i tested my overclock, probably 4-6months ago, whatever was current then.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It can happen, some drivers being more tuned or maybe fixing up Watt(TF)Man and it's less fluctuating particularly for older hardware and it's allowing for more precise overclocks as a result. :)

And I see the monitor flicker issue is still ongoing, it's pretty much 18.7.1 with signature so I'll wait until 18.7.2 before judging but eh, new monitor time? 120Hz? FreeSync-2? Eh lots of options and it's been just over 2 years and the warranty's done for so yeah it's probably going to die because that's kinda how hardware tends to behave ha ha. :D

Eh, two years and several headbutts from the sisters affectionate cats whenever they want some attention, guess that might explain it.
    (I do look after them fairly often, I do wish the keyboard had a little switch for locking the keys or something because it's surprising how many NOO! hotkeys there are in Windows for functions you never wanted triggered and how many they hit rolling over the keyboard and maybe headbutting the monitor once or twice because FOOD HUMAN, NOW! or something like that ha ha ha!)

Well I can always confirm by going back to 18.6.1 I suppose but eh the driver is working really well summer heat of f...un times aside. Pfft.

Mostly just a issue of the apartment heating up, 20 - 25 degrees extra means 20 - 25 extra on the GPU temp after all if not more as it heats so it gets close to the shut down temperature if you add another 20 to the 70 degrees or so it hits at load, not too bad for having almost 40 Celsius indoors I suppose at the worst of it though gaming is a bit restricted until it gets cooler to mostly the evening hours now.
    (2+ weeks of a heat wave plus a bit more even if there's been the occasional rain shower and everyone is all happy and yay go global warming! burn it all! ...and then there's this guy. :p )

12. casillias

casillias New Member

GPU:
    HIS AMD R7 360 2gb
    Need advice. Got amd r7 360 and APU a10-7860k with r7 graphics, enabled it to connect TV, cause r7 360 has only one HDMI and it is connected to my monitor. And the problem is I cannot use any other version, including this, except 17.12.1. When I install this version, previously cleaned with DDU, I get my TV working and monitor giving grey screen. the same was with previous version supporting APU's 18.5.1. Any ideas?)

P.S. AMD support keeps ignoring me for.. too long)

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    To properly Install this new WHQL, im first installing 18.6.1 then upgrade to new 18.7.1 WHQL July 19
    Everything working Great so far.

Also if one have better OC, that's because ATI WHQL's is always more Stable & Reliable than Pre-WHQL or Beta.

No problems at all, my New Under!Volt for Vega:
    Yup: P5 down to 0.975v :eek: (1500Mhz with 0.975 is good for Heroes VII :D )

Edit: Prey (Last mission Blow the Station or Preserve?)
    Chill @ 63-70 + Enchanced Sync Tech

[​IMG]

14. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    radeon overlay not working with latest whql 19jul FU AMD trashsholes, I lost precious time for nothing

RzrTrek likes this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    In Vampyr? or other UE4 Game?
    I need to dig it, maby i can figure it out to make it work ;)

I have:
    amddvr.exe.Bak
    dvrcmd.exe.Bak
    Because i don't use DVR at all (Useless for me) -> Only Screens from Reshade

UPD.
    Log OFF the DVR turned ON (no Restart needed)
    Everything Working OK 4/5 at last (some minor things but it's good - Do not Show Overlay & Use Relive Options Shift+Ctr I at the same time, Turn OFF Overlay then adjust and ON again)
    Overlay = OK shows 1625MHz 158tW and 62FPS (Chill 63-70) in Street Level of Vampyr UE4 (similar in HWinfo)
    Screenshot saves in Videos Folder.

Not a single problem with this driver (in 18.6.1 i have Vampyr locked up when FPS overlay was tuned On for Fury, need to Off to Play, also Power is not working for Fiji)
    IMO you should try narrow things down ;) it's not Adrenalin fault for sure.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018

16. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Wow that really is an annoying issue. You make the 3rd one besides myself with that in this thread.
    All I did to fix it was to use MSI A/B's OSD. Then I was able to get Adrenaline OSD to work. Didn't need to use MSI AB since.

17. Xzess

Xzess Member

GPU:
    R9 380 4gb
    I come here only to complain about AMD lastest drivers, first the overlay to show frametimes, works very bad, sometimes it shows sometimes not, sometimes the side menu doesn't show sometimes yes but doesn't work etc... Freesync doesn't work for me from 18.5.1 (that's the most recent driver I can use), last drivers even they don't detect my freesync monitor properly, (secondary one by displayport) I found that power saving energy plans have something in this bug, put them into high performance works, "ryzen balanced" or "balanced" doesn't detect my monitor, but freesync doesn't. What a mess are they doing???

arbys likes this.
  18. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Farting?
    OSD thing is easily fixable just turn on MSI AB then turn it off. You shouldn't need to do it again.

19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ♥ MESA 21.1
    Any noticeable difference between the one that was released on July 12th (beta) and yesterdays WHQL release?

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Mostly just the WHQL signature, nothing really changed from what I can tell and the signing takes time too so AMD probably couldn't include anything since submitting 18.7.1 for WHQL and then that gets signed and they update the previous beta with this version instead after roughly a week or so of well mostly just waiting I guess.

None of the components appear to have been updated either aside from bundling in the legacy CCC2 installer for some reason but it just gets placed in the Program Files folder without installation as Catalyst Next or Radeon Settings as it's called now is used instead on compatible systems. :)

RzrTrek likes this.