Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Jul 12, 2018.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Yup, it's called Telemetry ;)
    I have Unticked this when installed...i don't have this

[​IMG]

2. Towtol25

Towtol25 Member

GPU:
    2x 290x LCooled
    AMD Crossfire Mode is now a dropdown menu for my two R9 290Xs. First time I've seen this. I use to know what the diff selections meant. AMD has not updated their online documentation (that I could find) for this change.
    So what is Default Mode, AFR Friendly, Optimize 1x1, AFR Compatible, and Use AMD defined user profile?

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ♥ MESA 21.1
    AMD wanting to follow in big brother Nvidia's footsteps perhaps? Data collection seems very profitable these days?

However I suspect that you accidentally choose to partake in the user experience program and got all of the bloatware.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I have the opposite problem, I start chrome and I instantly get a bunch of tdrs because the clocks was stuck on idle speeds.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Why the tone? Don't be a dick, thanks.

KissSh0t likes this.
  6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb

7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    I wish it could be permanently enabled the OSD performance monitoring. It is kinda boring to click it all the time. Also Chill values are not changing at the same time from Radeon Overlay with per game profile, you must put them at the same range manually.

I thought it is ready now but still it is beta I suppose. More than half a year passed and still needs work. So what? Will it be ready with 18.12 drivers? New features without finishing the previous ones? AMD RTG ftw! So many ideas, none of them ever completed.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    No tone, at all. Thanks.

9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Keep default mode. AMD knows better their optimizations per game.

AFR friendly is one way of mgpu rendering. Not specific to any game. Only for debugging reasons or a non existent crossfire profile, if a game doesn't work, this is one solution.

Optimize 1x1 is another generic mgpu solution as above.

AFR compatible the same as the 2 previous ones.

Use AMD defined profile, with this you can choose a crossfire profile for a working mgpu system using other game's optimizations. For example using Fallout 4 profile for Skyrim is a possibility if you do not like original or to provide support for a non crossfire enabled game.

Towtol25 likes this.
  10. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1070Ti JS
    installs and works

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  12. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-018

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Information We Collect

Through your participation in AMD’s User Experience Program we collect basic information like which language you prefer, to more complex things like the display resolution for your games, what graphics card (GPU) you have installed, or what games you’re playing.

We collect information about the features that you use and how you use them, like when you record gameplay with Radeon ReLive, overclock with Radeon WattMan or change a game's visual profile settings. In addition, we also record the following information:

• Device-specific information: Hardware components (CPU, GPU, memory, etc), software versions (operating system, display driver, supporting libraries versions), timezone/locale, and system language.
    • User interactions with Radeon Settings user interface: Features or options that have been used or modified by you.
    • Video display information: Monitor/screen size & resolution, VR headset information, video connection type, HDMI scaling, AMD FreeSync feature, other detailed graphics attributes and settings.
    • Hardware usage information: CPU & GPU frequency states, voltage, temperature, disk bandwidth, memory and disk percentage used, network data used.
    • Application usage: Application used and duration.
    • Device event information such as crashes.
    • Region selected in the operating system (i.e. country-level information).
    • Unique application numbers.
    We do not Collect

• Username and passwords.
    • Host name or system name.
    • Audio or video data (e.g. from microphone or webcam).
    • Biometrics data (e.g. from fingerprint scanner).
    • Network information: IP address, access point name, routing information, MAC address, data packet contents.
    • GPS or any dynamic location information.
    • Web browser URL (commonly called "web address"), search terms, history, cookies.
    • Any system or user files.
    How We Use the Information We Collect

The goal of the User Experience Program is to enhance the experience for AMD users, and to continue to improve and develop our products.

Your feedback and the information you share with us is used to improve:

• Features, such as to optimize your game profiles and configurability settings, adjust display settings, update your graphics drivers, and generally make your gaming experience better
    • Graphics driver quality
    Transparency and Choice

Participation in AMD’s User Experience Program is voluntary, and you can choose to participate and help us improve our products via an explicit consent opt-in box found during installs of Radeon Settings. You can change your mind at any time and withdraw from the program through Radeon Settings which stops all logging and sharing of information to AMD. By withdrawing your consent from the User Experience Program, the software related to this functionality will be uninstalled. Drivers and user-related features will not be altered.

You can opt-out (stop participating) in the User Experience Program via the Radeon Settings user interface by going to Radeon Settings (located within the system icons tray), navigating to the preferences tab and selecting “Leave AMD Experience Program.”

-> https://www.amd.com/en/corporate/amd-user-experience

Jackalito likes this.
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    OMG disaster...they are taking my valuable information from my system. (Sarcasm, if you didnt get it)

I have participated in the program. ;):););)

Jackalito, OnnA, Rambo and 1 other person like this.
  15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Me too I always participate. If it is a way to help them make greater software, I do not see the point to prevent them. All modern and validated applications should be allowed to do that. This way they can collect everything needed without the wait for bug reports or suggestions for what we truly need from the app to work etc. Hundreds of people are lazy enough to submit their errors, thoughts and problems to developers. That is the best solution to help them make our experience better. It should be a standard in 2018 tbh.

OnnA and Rambo like this.

16. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    Sounds good to me so I'm gonna help then. I have checked my 3 PCs. Hail for the AMD!

OnnA likes this.
  17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ♥ MESA 21.1
    I think more people would participate if we got payed, but I'm game as long as AMD keep allowing us to opt-out from the spyware.

AlleyViper likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Because i need good latency & Playing some Competitive FPPS i'm not participating :D
    But i agree with you guys, If you can -> Tick, if can't don't
    You have an Option.

Yes, not using any 'bloat!ware' when Playing :D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  19. Framani

Framani Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8G
    The OSD is enabled in games but nothing shows, any solution? I have an amd radeon rx 470 btw

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah, I came across that problem as well. MSI AB fixed it for me.