Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Oct. 10th & Oct. 15th Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 12, 2018.

1. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    You took it from my mouth, exactly that, I cannot understand why they didn't even bothered to make 18.10.2 and 18.10.3 :confused:. I am sure they build drivers daily, it can't be so serious to give us a glimpse instead of the same one with tweaked inf or settings.

Even upgrading wise it is more proper, for someone not using DDU tbh, upgrade like that is like WTF.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Yes but that was Oct.15 ;) and now it's Oct.18

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    October 15th seems to add support for that 580 GPU with a reduced 2048 stream processor core which should be exclusive to the Chinese market (Net cafes?) and then for October 18th there's a entry for the 590X which should be the 12nm die shrink with around a 10% improved performance but no major new features from my understanding at least.

October 15th also filled in some Vulkan extensions from the initial release but the Vulkan .DLL still has the same file size and version number and 1.1.82 was already supported so I assume it's just adding in some missing bits that was always there in the driver. (Unless AMD somehow only covered partial 1.1.82 compatibility with the initial driver release but that should have changed the Vulkan .dll files in some way to account for this addition, I think.)

There might be other minor tweaks but I can't see anything so from how it looks it's a re-release (Or two.) with additional support for newly released products.

EDIT: Hmm wonder how many 580 2048's will be sold without mentioning the 2048 part...the full product name should be 580 2048 to highlight that fact but resellers might omit it trying to pawn it off as a full scale 580 with the 2300 some stream processors. (Suppose serial numbers and such would tell if available.)

And the 590 isn't on the market yet but I guess this means it's coming shortly or at least to reviewers for benchmarking and what not and then whenever the street date is for these cards.
    Which I guess is AMD's last product before the 7nm push for 2019 both on CPU and GPU from what I'm understanding at least of what they're moving forward to with CPU's in Zen2 likely being ready first followed by I suppose that's going to be Navi then or well we'll see.
    (Hopefully it'll be competitive but NVIDIA isn't going to be like Intel and Intel might be starting to see some competition so it'll be interesting to see what their plans for 2019 will be.)

But what do I know, just have to wait and see what AMD, NVIDIA and Intel has to announce once the tech shows and events roll out again. :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  4. miiksu

miiksu Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Why they don't give correct VSR aspect ratio to 3440x1440 monitor users. Is there possible to create a custom vsr resolution?

5. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    HK-1 likes this.
  6. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    VSR has a bigger performance hit than antialiasing?

7. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Depends on AA method and particular gpu. SSAA works similar/same way as VSR so they are equal to some degree. MSAA is hardware based method performance of which depending on sample (x2, x4, x8) can hit very hard. Methods like smaa, fxaa, mlaa... and few others are post-process methods they make no performance hit up to being equal or close to msaa x4. Again, with post-process methods performance hit depends on method implementation, settings and particular gpu.

8. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Update on these drivers.

They worked at first then on another boot. It wouldn't boot. No amount of trying to fix it would do the trick. Safemode was impossible at first. But I managed to get in and save my stuff to another drive.

But no matter what I did that windows installation was fubar.

Had to reformat which was a pain and then use a disk recovery to dig deep to recover many files that had not made the trip.

I think Amd while trying to give better performance to newer GPU'S End up breaking others.

9. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    What i tested it in GTA V (1,25x rendering in-game vs MSAA x2 vs VSR 1440p) VSR had lowest performance hit and looks best for me. On R9 Fury.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  10. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega