Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Oct. 10th & Oct. 15th Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Huh, in another thread you said that 18.9.3 sucks on 1809 because it has "no optimizations for 1809 Win10".

Now you are bitc*ing that driver is overhyped etc... just splendid :D

Anyway, installed few minutes ago. Let's see if there will be some bugs

Keitosha and Seren like this.
  2. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Even Terry Makedon in Twitter after two weeks twitted about that driver like he does with every driver release tbh. I mean come on everyone talks about it as if it is something wow. It just works, nothing special to brag about. Period.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    uhm...what?

Of course they are gonna tweet about it for people to know..not everybody following guru3d or other sites.

4. squallypoh

squallypoh Member

GPU:
    rx 570 gigabyte 4gb
    so is this a good driver or should i keep my 18.5.1?

5. kondziowy

kondziowy Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Nitro LE
    LoL 18.5.1 are ancient.
    Today FH3 + Rainbow6, many hours of playing and everything is running like butter as always.

6. squallypoh

squallypoh Member

GPU:
    rx 570 gigabyte 4gb
    well its still this year driver lol, but i get it, either way as long as the new is very compatible with older games i dont see why not i guess.

7. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    How long have you been going with your current install of Windows 10? I finally took the plunge and decided to reinstall windows entirely. I had my disk formatted in MBR which apprently is old, but happened because I had some legacy support enabled in my BIOS, so Windows then goes for an old format that works almost on every machine, while GPT brings lots of improvements, mostly for startup and shutdown time. I had problems with very slow restarts and relatively slow startups (almost 1 minute. Lol, if people in the pre-SSD times would hear me they would not understand my struggles). Did the complete reinstall through USB for Windows 10 1809, and a lot of random problems that I had went away, gained some FPS, and my pc is rock-solid, and a booting up my pc takes 15 seconds now. Couldnt hurt to do a fresh reinstall every year or so, especially if you suffer from strange problems like yours.

8. squallypoh

squallypoh Member

GPU:
    rx 570 gigabyte 4gb
    tested it with star wars bf 2 and gotta say its not that good with that game.

9. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Is it even worth upgrading on RX570 just for BO4 ? I get ~100FPS on medium anyway, but in blackout from dropp in scene where I have 20fps, to matches where I have ~40-70fps outdoor (medium - rx570/16gb ddr3/4770k) I was wondering ?

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    its always worth to upgrade the drivers, thats not even a question

cookieboyeli and bernek like this.

11. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    I know that, but I had numerous slowdowns during my time with Nvidia during last 4-5 years, I learned that I shouldn't always upgrade if everything works fine. Since I'm not sure that performance should be really that low I was wondering does that fix by a huge margin in this case. I also joined red team first time during last 10 years (not counting short ownership of R9 GPU couple years ago), so I'm even more sceptic :D

12. kondziowy

kondziowy Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Nitro LE
    Last time I had to downgrade drivers was with Kepler GTX660M in 2013.
    After that I never had to do this with 750Ti, R9 280x, R9 Fury, RX Vega64.
    I'm constantly on the newest drivers.

13. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080TI/1080TI/VEGA
    I completly agree with this ! You should always try at least the newest driver. If you find something that doesn't work for you and you can't just fix yeah maybe go back. I never had any problem using the latest drivers/bioses/firmwares etc. I allways update everything related to my PC in this case and it always was trouble free.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    HBM2 Extreme OC capability is much better in this one + WinX 1809
    Played 1h The Division DX12 with 1702MHZ/1175 HBM2 @ 887mV
    -> no Artifacts/Crashes (Before my Stable good was 1160MHz 975mV and for 1175 i needed Hefty 1000mV, now the same but with 887mV)

im more into Good HBM2 OC than GPU OC
    Prefer for The Division 1702MHz than 1732Mhz but with better HBM2 OC.
    Game is snapier thanks to this, and overall it seems to be "light weight" ;)

Here HWinfo from today Test:

[​IMG]

15. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    There's apparently support for Shader Model 6.3 now if you're running Win10 1809 and these WDDM 2.5 drivers.

OnnA likes this.

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 1809-17763.55 (RS5) and have so far encountered 1 overlay crash in AC (confirmed) and 2 in ACC (v0.2 is not very stable) while streaming.

However it was enough to make me purge 18.10.1 using DDU in safe mode and reinstall the graphics driver, but other than that, it's adequate.

It's not all negative though (can't obviously speak for y'all or other games) but at least now we got an 1809 and WDDM 2.5 compliant WHQL certified driver.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    OnnA likes this.
  17. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    This driver borks anything video related for me. Internet vids won't play, locally stored files won't play () switching displays is unusually slow. Just a disaster. First time I've had a major issue with a graphics driver in a long time.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Thats a user problem.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  19. fargod

fargod Member

GPU:
    16gb
    I have still WDDM 2.4. How to include WDDM 2.5? Windows 10 1803

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    You upgrade to 1809 when it will be available again and u install 18.10.1.