Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Oct. 10th & Oct. 15th Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    October 10, 2018 Driver Adrenalin 18.10.1

• Windows® 10 October 2018 Update
    • Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4
      • Up to 5% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3 at 1920x1080 (1080p).RS-258
      • Up to 6% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3 at 1920x1080 (1080p).RS-259
    Fixed Issues
    • HDMI™ Audio Drivers may sometimes not upgrade during Radeon Software installation.
    • Fortnite™ may experience lighting corruption when effects quality is set to High or Epic.
    • System configurations with 16+ CPU cores may experience a random system reboot during installation when upgrading Radeon Software from a version older than RSAE 18.8.1.
    • Sea of Thieves™ may experience flickering textures in multi GPU system configurations.
    Known Issues
    • When using Radeon Overlay on system configurations with the latest Windows®10 October 2018 Update some users may experience intermittent instability or game crashes.
    • Microsoft® Office applications may experience lag or stutter when dragging applications.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
    Added Vulkan™ Extension Support
    • VK_KHR_shader_atomic_int64
      • This extension advertises the SPIR-V Int64Atomics capability for Vulkan, which allows a shader to contain 64-bit atomic operations on signed and unsigned integers.
    • VK_KHR_driver_properties
      • This extension provides a new physical device query which allows retrieving information about the driver implementation, allowing applications to determine which physical device corresponds to which particular vendor’s driver, and which conformance test suite version the driver implementation is compliant with.
    • SPV_GOOGLE_decorate_string
      • This extension provides two new instructions to decorate a variable or a struct member with a string.
    • SPV_GOOGLE_hlsl_functionality1
      • This extension provides two new decorations to extend HLSL functionality: HlslCounterBuffer and HlslSemantic.
    Footnotes
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of October 9th, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700K CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With very high preset settings on Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, the Radeon™ RX 580 scored with Radeon™ software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 scored 107.4 FPS whereas the Radeon™ RX 580 scored 100.9 FPS with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3. Comparing software versions, Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 has 6% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-259
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of October 9th, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX Vega 64, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700K CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With very high preset settings on Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored with Radeon™ software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 scored 162.8 FPS whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 155.3 FPS with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3. Comparing software versions, Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 has 5% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-258

Download:

Edit: October 15, 2018 Driver Update to Adrenalin 18.10.1

Added Vulkan™ Extension Support

• VK_KHR_shader_atomic_int64
      • This extension advertises the SPIR-V Int64Atomics capability for Vulkan, which allows a shader to contain 64-bit atomic operations on signed and unsigned integers.
    • VK_KHR_driver_properties
      • This extension provides a new physical device query which allows retrieving information about the driver implementation, allowing applications to determine which physical device corresponds to which particular vendor’s driver, and which conformance test suite version the driver implementation is compliant with.
    • SPV_GOOGLE_decorate_string
      • This extension provides two new instructions to decorate a variable or a struct member with a string.
    • SPV_GOOGLE_hlsl_functionality1
      • This extension provides two new decorations to extend HLSL functionality: HlslCounterBuffer and HlslSemantic.
    • VK_EXT_hdr_metadata
      • This extension defines two new structures and a function to assign SMPTE (the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers) 2086 metadata and CTA (Consumer Technology Assocation) 861.3 metadata to a swapchain.
    • VK_EXT_swapchain_colorspace
      • This extension extends VkColorSpaceKHR by adding several new color spaces.
    • VK_EXT_conservative_rasterization
      • This extension enables conservative rasterization, which among other things enables more robust occlusion culling techniques.

• At AMD website until it's refreshed here at Guru3d

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    LocoDiceGR, Embra, OnnA and 1 other person like this.
  2. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470
    WDDM 2.5 support ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    OnnA and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    and new vulkan ext. :D

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    The overlay causing instability and crashing? It has been like that since December of last year! Anyway I'm going to give this driver a go with ArmA 3, Assetto Corsa: Competizione and XCOM 2.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Let us know your findings and which win10 version you are using.

6. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Unlike 18.9.3 this driver actually has wddm 2.5.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice. :)
    And Vulkan was updated to 1.1.82.0 it looks like. Two INF files in the driver as well wonder if that's the WDDM differences or something else.
    What else is there, 18.40 instead of 18.30 but a branch jump was expected for moving to support 1809 and WDDM 2.5 I suppose.
    One new OpenGL property although it's just a assortment of letters so nothing readable for what it does and then profiles wise there's these:

Quake Champions - Updated Crossfire profile.
    Ghost Recon Wildlands - Updated Crossfire profile.
    CS:GO - Updated Crossfire profile.
    Sea of Thieves - Updated Crossfire profile.
    F1 2018 - Added Crossfire Profile. (It's back again.)

And then we have DXX profile for the following games.

Prey (From Arkane.) - Updated.
    Lone Echo - Added.
    UE4Editor - Added.

And there's a OGL profile for Superposition it seems and then some tweaks to existing OGL profiles such as DOOM3, Furmark, idTech6, Maya and Modo11 having a new property added to it's profile.
    (Though x5iukjhgKJHpcps isn't really saying much from this text dump.)

8. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    This update failed to update from crimson panel for me. It removed my current driver and then stopped. Then I ran manually the file that was downloaded and in the end I got an error that driver 18.5.1 (yeah, I know) failed to install.

Then downloaded the driver package directly from and website and all worked.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Now i need to Install this Bad boy :D

UPD. Done !
    It's WDDM 2.5 & WHQL Driver !
    Now into BF1 ;)

[​IMG]

Tested in BF1 DX11.1 w/Reshade & SweetFX -> Fine Wine doing Great

70FPS All't'Time (no Drops) FreeSync 1440p Ultra

[​IMG]

GJ AMD/ATI Radeon Team

Eastcoasthandle and LocoDiceGR like this.
  10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Radeon Team!

OnnA likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup, AMD CPU side & ATI for GPU side :p
    Also it is worth noting that New Driver is working Good (really no Bugs on my side -> uff good to see this in new WDDM 2.5 Batch)

Better tW & Thermal overall -> For this i have daily Quests in The Division Game ;)

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Radeon GPU Profiler 1.3.1

RGP 1.3.1 is a hotfix release to keep compatibility with an upcoming Radeon Adrenalin Edition graphics driver.
    That driver descends from a newer branch of our driver source than existing Adrenalin Edition drivers, with changes that break compatibility with RGP 1.3 and all earlier releases.

Please grab 1.3.1 ahead of that driver coming out, so that RGP will continue to work seamlessly when the driver is released and you upgrade.

Radeon GPU Profiler 1.3.1 on GitHub.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For unlisted fixes these should resolve the Kingdom Come lighting bug and GZDoom OpenGL bug.

Also seems 21:9 works under VSR now on some systems but don't work on others, upcoming feature perhaps?

14. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    Do you play DX11 or DX12 ? Using a SSD DX12 worked pretty good for me but now I have BF1 on a regular HDD and DX12 shutters and freezes like hell.

I play DX11 and its fine !

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    DX11.1 w/Reshade

16. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Would 18.10.1 with WDDM 2.5 bring any performance benefits on itself? I know back in the day when Windows 10 was about to be released we had some drivers in the testing environment of Windows 10 that used WDDM 2.0 and decreased driver overhead. I went from an average of 49fps to 55 fps in the benchmark in Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but I also did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday, but I still had around 49/50 fps average with 18.9.3, today with the new driver it is 55 fps. As I have a fx9590, I am often heavily CPU bottlenecked, so any alleviation of driver overhead/cpu load immediately gives me tangible results.

OnnA likes this.
  17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    As a rule of thumb new Radeon drivers usually come with undocumented improvements and fixes. It's always best to update to the newest driver even though something isn't documented as fixed or improved. Case in point:
    Now to be transparent that doesn't always goes smooth for someone. If you experience any issue with any driver simply uninstall it and revert back to the previous one.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    And I forgot to link to this where I found those:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9ndqzw/amd_radeon_software_adrenalin_edition_18101/

The GZDoom issue is confirmed as being fixed by a AMD rep so that one's verified, 21:9 for VSR is reported by a number of different users (3840x1620 I believe it was.) though others don't have any luck with VSR so I don't really know the criteria for why it works on some systems and don't work on others although it'd be nice to see it as a proper official feature and AMD doing more with VSR in general. :)

Kingdom Come's bug with the global illumination particularly in indoor areas was asked by one user and then another user confirmed it as being fixed so hopefully that's indeed the case as that's been ongoing for a while now. :)
    Now the memory clock problem is about the only longer standing known problem at least of the listed issues.
    (But it's a bit unclear if it's wholly AMD or something in Windows because NVIDIA has a similar problem and the workaround to lower to a slightly reduced display mode Hz is what they recommend too and then back and it should stick, until it bugs again.)

AlleyViper and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  19. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    Not only they have NOT fixed the 1 second freeze every 5 seconds when u turn off a secondary screen (guess there are really only a few people affected) but now on this version, it happens ALWAYS, regardless of the screens being on or off (so basically the system is unusable). And to make it better, I can't use the 18.5.1 version anymore cuz the DP port stops working.....
    I'm pretty sure 50% or more of the blame is on win10 (new october update didn't fix it).......

I use windows only for gaming but even only that is getting on my nerves....

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Overhyped driver and so many emails in my newsletter for this. Nothing changed for my experience, one and the same. Just newer packages and numbers.