Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Sep 13, 2021.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    AMD Radeon Adrenalin 21.9.1 driver (download)

Support For
    • Deathloop™
    • Call of Duty® Vanguard Open Beta
    • AMD Smart Access Memory on Radeon™ RX 5000 Series Graphics
    Added Vulkan® Support
    • VK_KHR_zero_initialize_workgroup_memory
      • This extension allows implementations to use the null constant initializer on shader workgroup memory variables. This in turn allows applications that run untrusted content to defeat memory-scraping attacks.
    • VK_KHR_shader_integer_dot_product
      • This extension adds support for the integer dot product SPIR-V instructions defined in SPV_KHR_integer_dot_product. The SPV_KHR_integer_dot_product extension allows dot product operations on integer vectors with optional accumulation. In addition to allowing dot product operations for all input vector types, it also allows integer dot product for 4-component vectors of 8-bit integers that are packed into 32-bit integers.
    • VK_EXT_shader_atomic_float2
      • This extension provides shaders with the capability to perform 16-bit floating-point atomic operations on buffer and workgroup memory. It additionally allows floating-point atomic minimum and maximum operations on buffer, workgroup, and image memory.
    • VK_EXT_load_store_op_none
      • This extension allows an application to specify the contents within the render area that will not modified or can be expected to be undefined after rendering.
    Fixed Issues
    • Visual artifacts in PAYDAY™ 2 may be observed during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
    • Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • On Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics, higher than expected memory clock speed and power consumption may be experienced when idle and the display’s resolution and refresh rate are set to specific values such as 1080p @ 60Hz.
    • While playing Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey, driver timeouts or black screens may be experienced on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 480 Graphics when the user quickly navigates through the game menus or swiftly looks around an environment with their character.
    Known Issues
    • Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
    • Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
    • AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
    • Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
    AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
    • Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 Driver Version 21.30.17.01 for Windows® 10 (Windows Driver Store Version 30.0.13017.1004).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2021
    DanielRX, Jackalito, chispy and 6 others like this.
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  3. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I did an upgrade install and it had me restart my PC. Upon reboot I got a window saying "your PC hardware has changed you need to restart you PC" and then a windows notification said it setup "PCI Bus". In my Radeon Control Panel I noticed that the performance tuning page has a slightly new layout while SAM was disabled and it would not let me load in my tuning profile as "the profile does not support your current card". I restarted my PC again and loaded up my exported settings from before I installed the new driver and it loaded in my overclocking settings although it would still not load the overclocking profile I had previously saved (the .xml version) so I had to save the one that loaded up with all my saved settings and overwrite my old profile which is now compatible with 2.9.1. In short, make sure you export your full settings before upgrading to this driver as your previous .xml overclocking profile may not be supported with the revised performance tuning portion of this driver. The saved one in the full exported settings is compatible then just save the profile over your previous one to preserve it in the .xml format.

I did a Time Spy benchmark and it seems the gains from 21.8.1 that I lost in 21.8.2 are now back in 21.9.1 which is great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OnnA, Jackalito, chispy and 6 others like this.
  4. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580

5. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Software Version - 2021.0910.1512.27366
    Driver Version - 21.30.17.01-210910a-371621E-RadeonSoftware
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01510
    OpenGL® Version - 29.20.11000.14761
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.21
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.198
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.2.188
    Windows Version - Windows 11 (64 bit)

[​IMG]

HAGS seems to be enabled.

Jackalito, chispy, geko95gek and 5 others like this.
  6. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    are you on windows 11 ? what your shader model version ? in DX12 tab

7. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    SM 6.6. Windows 11 (22454.1000)

PhazDelta likes this.
  8. Just in-time for some RuneLite HD :p

Notes don't look too interesting to me, but I was getting bored of 21.8.2 and the UWP driver; this will do nicely for an upgrade!

9. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Very cool stuff for people with Ryzen processors! I really wish I had a Ryzen system but it isn't worth the upgrade until Zen 4 is out for me as I have my i7-8086k delidded with liquid metal running at 5.2ghz. I wonder if they hired and used 1usmus' auto overclocking code/program for their CPU tuning portion of this new driver. It is great to see AMD working hard on their software.

geko95gek and HD64G like this.
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Damn that's some result, did you overclock your GPU more?

11. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    nice

12. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    they added CPU to the AMD overlay now finally

[​IMG]

ninja750, OnnA, Jackalito and 9 others like this.
  13. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Same overclock I have had since I got this card early this year. Also, same result as 21.8.1 with a slightly better CPU score. Looks like they slightly reduced the CPU overhead in 21.9.1 which is nice.

Also, nice to see they have increased CPU metrics for Ryzen systems. All the more reason for me to look forward to upgrading to Zen 4. I am eager to get away from Intel and all their shenanigans.

[​IMG]

Jackalito, Krteq and AsiJu like this.
  14. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Hags is still off on windows 11 with a 6800XT

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yes, it's not ready yet.

Jackalito likes this.
  16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Also, per AMD, these drivers support Win11--which I'm running--and I noticed I'm now running WDDM 3.0 drivers which wasn't true on the previous Win10 driver set running in Win11. AMD is on the ball--I didn't expect they'd actually release a Win11 driver until the formal release next month. These drivers show SAM enabled with my 5700XT, but...I'm running a 3900X so I don't know if I actually have SAM quite yet--no plans to go to a Zen3--I'll be doing Zen 4 a year from now, maybe. Hopefully by then I'll have landed a 6800XT reference...;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/pnigem/amd_radeon_software_auto_overclock_and_windows_11/

Krteq likes this.
  17. qpens8

qpens8 Member

GPU:
    8700gt 512
    Is there any chance of getting Radeon VII SAM support in future?

18. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Doubtful, that's a Vega series not RDNA1/2

19. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Great support from AMD! FineWine proven once again to be real. I'm already more inclined to get a Radeon GPU next time as well. Thanks!

To enable SAM you may have to reboot your PC twice; first for the driver, then due to changes in BIOS.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021