Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.7.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Jul 28, 2021.

1. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Download: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-21-7-2-driver-download.html

Screenshot 2021-07-27 183030.jpg

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Nice, thanks for the heads up!

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Installed. Working good so far.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    No issues here, thanks for the heads up.

Gonna see if these new VK extensions fix the flickering lights in GTA 4 using DXVK.

Cryio likes this.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I wonder if that would work for Win 10 as well. Or does it only work under Linux/wine?

GTA4 runs pretty crappy without mods on my current rig. Id happy if rockstar would just port it to RD2 engine with vulkan without remastering any of the game.

6. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    use the DLL from DXVK 1.7.3

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    DXVK is just a set of files that converts DX to VK and works fine on Windows 10 (DXVK, and there is DXVK with async too).

It works amazingly well in GTA 4 for the stutter and bad performance. Just use cheat code to spawn a chopper, fly around the whole map high and low to let DXVK build its shader cache. Use cheats to cause havok in the streets, again to build shader cache. Then start a new game (if you want achievements) and your stutter is completely gone.

However there is currently a bug for us RDNA2 users. You will see random flickering coloured dots on your screen (they look like crosshairs) when near smoke or lights. Its really not that bad and only happens for split seconds so its not noticeable. But keep your resolution down a bit and fps needs to be high the lower the fps the easier it is to spot the dots. I opened an issue on their github page and apparently its a bug on AMD where the game tries to read from the same texture which currently isn't supported on RDNA2 and no idea when its going to be fixed. But its not that bad.

DXVK works wonders for older games, you should try it out. The issue is still present on these drivers and even the UWP drivers where the VK version is newer.

hmmm does that fix the issue??

Cryio and Agonist like this.
  8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Cryio and OnnA like this.
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yes I already updated too that version and just tested out this new driver and its still present. But it seems to be worse the higher the resolution OR the lower the frame rate. Higher resolutions using VSR and its a mess, flickering everywhere. Going down to 1440p (native for me) but capping to 60fps and standing near a light source and moving the camera you will see the flicker a lot more.

I now use 1440p 120fps cap and whilst I still notice it from time to time its really not that noticeable at these settings. Like blink and you will miss it. I think its presence on screen is tied to game speed.

Going to test out ver 1.7.3 tomorrow see if that works. I haven't gone that far back.

10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Dude thank you. Im gonna try this. I play 3840x1080 so its more demanding then 1440p but less then 1440p ultrawide.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    no problem, let me know how you get along and if you notice the flicker too.

Also use this to patch the games .exe to use 4GB pagefile instead of 2GB as its still an x86 .exe this can help with stutter too. https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

and go into the games directory, open up the folder named "pc", open the config file "stream" and change all the values to 409600

Agonist likes this.
  12. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Yes, using the DLL from 1.7.3 fixed the colored flickered lights on my 6800XT

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Ill do those. It still runs kinda crappy but its better. I dont have the flicker. But I am running a modded version that basically turns into GTA5. FPS drops are insane. Even my vanilla copy runs almost as bad.

14. kalima

kalima Member Guru

GPU:
    RX7900XTX/RX6800M
    Not yet moved to WDDM 3.0 branch... i hope for august.

15. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Stable branch WDDM 3.0 drivers won’t come until 21H2 or the W11 launch.

Cryio and Krteq like this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    These 21.6.x and 21.7.x are very good for polaris considering how awful 21.5.x drivers ware. Anyone wanting to update from 21.2.x or 21.3.x can safely do so.

17. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  18. kalima

kalima Member Guru

GPU:
    RX7900XTX/RX6800M
    We have already AMD Drivers WDDM 3.0 on insider windows update. Intel/Nvidia is now on new branch WDDM3.0 for each release (with 2.7 compatibility).
    AMD prefer maintain two branch of dev for the moment

19. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics...

Is this a new issue starting from this driver?

20. Joaoo

Joaoo Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6900
    22000 will be RTM version, however, the sub version (currently .100) is still in development and expected a new release tomorrow.
    The full RTM version of Windows 11 is not close I think, there are still a lot of UI bugs / missmatches that they need to fix.

srdjan1995 likes this.