Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.7.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Nicked_Wicked, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-21-7-1-driver-download.html

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.7.1 Highlights

Support For

• AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Graphics
    • AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Graphics
    • F1® 2021
      • Up to 6% increase in performance in F1® 2021 @ 4K Ultra High settings with Raytracing enabled, and up to 26% increase in performance @ 1080p Ultra High settings, Raytracing disabled, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.7.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.6.2.RS-389
    Fixed Issues
    • An Oculus service error may be received on Radeon RX 5000 & 6000 series graphics products which prevents the Oculus Link setup software from running.
    • Lighting corruption may be experienced in Apex Legends™ when Radeon™ Boost is enabled.
    • Some users may experience elevated memory usage by AMD User Experience Program.
    • A driver mismatch error may appear when two versions of Radeon software (Windows Store & AMD Support versions) are installed on your system.
    • Some users may experience higher than expected memory utilization when running 3DMark Time Spy™.
    • While playing Carrion™, some users may experience image corruption when Anisotropic Filtering is enabled.
    Known Issues
    • Game Compatibility advisor in Radeon™ Software Experience may incorrectly advise some users their CPU and/or GPU do not meet the minimum requirements to play some games.
    • Resident Evil Village™ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
    • If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
    • If Blue or Black screen is observed in mobile systems, temporarily disable Enhanced sign-in.
    • A Blue or Black screen may be observed after updating to the latest Radeon Software. A workaround is to disable core isolation.
    • Lower than expected performance may be observed on select AMD Athlon™ mobile systems.
    AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
    • Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
    Download

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  2. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Thanks for the heads-up, tried to copy the one on the AMD page. :p

3. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Is there some wonderful reason why you'd want to give a link to a potentially "altered" download? If that's for a Windows Store version nvm...

Anyways, downloaded just fine from the AMD site.

DanielRX likes this.
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Its my link ;)

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Out of curiosity, why the trouble of having a MEGA download when AMD has a perfectly good server doing the same thing?

Fediuld likes this.
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    some people get poor download speeds from amd site

chispy, mikeysg, Ghosty and 1 other person like this.
  7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I think they are never going to fix any important issue we are having... At least for the 6xxx series.

NvidiaFreak650 likes this.
  8. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    With a 5700 XT, I think besides Crysis 3 being horrendous (haven't tested other CryEngine games recently), everything else runs as expected, some fixable texture corruption in id Tech 5 games aside (AF broken).

Wolfenstein Old Blood is a complete technical disaster nowadays as well. It's broken for AMD and Nvidia GPUs.

And ... my PC still goes in and out of sleep randomly when left in idle for a bit, but I still don't know if that's on the GPU, motherboard (X570), BIOS or RAM.

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    What issues? I have none on my 6800xt.

Crysis 3 is just a pile of crap on modern hardware with Win 10. Its just odd.

Much older versions of Win 10 work great. Crysis 3 will run very well on my i5 4460 fury x rig, but be basically unplayable on newest version of windows. Sucks cause I wanna max the hell out of it on my 6800xt.

Fediuld and PrEzi like this.
  10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    DXVK should help with Crysis 3.
    SHOULD, not that it will.
    Too lazy right now to install it and try, probably will tomorrow.

11. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Random stuttering/framerate drop (framerate locks to 55/115 for a few secs causing stuttering) which is really annoying.

12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    That sounds like more then a driver issue.

13. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Random stuttering/framerate drop has been fix, use 21.7.1 driver and KB5004296
    Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...d-19043-1147-21h1-to-release-preview-channel/
    Source 2: https://uupdump.net/selectlang.php?id=c912166c-ed7b-4f2d-acc8-444ba6fe8c84

It was a driver issue but MS agent told me on the phone that AMD with Microsoft fix the issue starting with 21.7.1 and .1147 build of Windows 10.
    5203781.17_image.png

OldMX and OnnA like this.
  14. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Update: AMD Customer Service call me back, Radeon software 21.7.1 is a temp fix and should notice less stuttering and framerate drop on Windows 10 19043.1147 build. AMD Agent point out a upcoming Hotfix driver should fix the problem.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the framerate issue occurs because the drivers deep power management is triggering despite active load on the device.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
  17. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    The level of brokenry that is happening in Crysis 3 on modern W10 builds is too much for DXVK to fix. I tried.

18. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Stuttering may happen after a new driver until Shader Cache is being rebuilt. It's normal.

19. Remekra

Remekra Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    My TimeSpy score went up significantly. I run a little OC+UV with Power Limit raised to 310W overall in MPT. Same settings on last driver and those, overall score went from 18 522 to 19 077. Graphics score from 20 439 to 21 215. Ran a couple of times, same results.
    No Change in FireStrike Ultra and Port Royale. Will need to test benchmarks in Metro Exodus EE and SotTR.

EDIT

Same in TimeSpy Extreme from 9154 to 9434.

Fediuld likes this.
  20. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC