Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 (FSR) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Prefix, Jun 22, 2021.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I was referring explicitly to "no driver updates took place between game runs".

2. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    I'm getting game crashes with this release on a MSI RX 570, Black Ops and even Minecraft managed to crash, drivers were installed after AMD removal too, DDU and Factory defaults :(

Warfare likes this.
  3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    That's Debateable. Its already pushing its 6th year on release and dropped quite low in performance.

4. Warfare

Warfare Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX560 4Gb
    Just installed it with my RX card , will see where do we go before having TDR ... Disabled PCI Express power management and also ACPI 2.0, just in case.

Update : Impossible to play more than 5 minutes (Detroit From Human). TDR issue, driver stop responding. I'm fed up ... let's DDU and rollback to the good old 20.11.2 :( Fu$* that AMD

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Days Gone works fine for what i played today. No crashes yet.

6. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    In my case I saved the day with a macrium backup 21.5.2 works without issues on games, only problem is radeonsoftware randomly crashing and restarting the process (noticed because of duplicated systray icon)

7. Warfare

Warfare Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX560 4Gb
    Yup, just added TdrDelay key in registry with 10 seconds ... but still have the issue. Still with Detroit From Human... and new TDR right now while typing this post. Incredible.
    Can't understand why they can't fix that :/

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    client updates then?
    windows updates do too.

9. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    You can close the games, start them anew and they once again need to recompile (not just validate) every single shader. You can repeat this preocedure as often as you like, it won't get better.
    When you start the games with vkd3d-proton, Vulkan driver shader cache kicks in (at least if it's not sucky and broken, which amdvlk is) and shaders don't get recompiled when just restarting a game. Which in return means that apparently AMD's D3D12 driver shader cache (if it exists, there is nothing more stored than what's in d3dscache folder) does not kick in.
    Other D3D12 games might store their shader cache under an explicit customized path, e.g. Watch Dogs Legion. They, naturally, don't suffer from the issue described above. HZD did that too, until devs screwed up things with patches. Maybe AMD thinks all shaders would be stored in d3dscache folder, but the games for whatever reason don't look them up there. Who knows. It's annoying and I find it weird that this isn't more known.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    could be when they made the cache rebuild for pipe state changes (ie, turning on AF after having not had AF on previously).

• Shaders are now pre-optimised in the game’s Main Menu, but can be skipped
    • Shaders are also optimised dynamically in-game

• Improved the automatic Shader Optimization step in the menu – The optimization step *message* should now show less frequently on mid-/higher spec machines (please note you are also able to skip it on most machines!)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021

11. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    the fury cards have alot of compute performance, but the frontend is weak and its geometry pipeline is inferior to polaris, so it depends alot on the game and the api used. In some games it will be closer to a vega 56, others have it matching or slower than an rx 580 even when vram isn't the issue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jackalito, itpro and DanielRX like this.
  12. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member

GPU:
    AMD Vega 64
    An update: no upgrade issue or black screens with 21.6.1 using Display Port, only DVI. If I plug DVI the screens goes back to black (although obvious I also changed the input on the monitor when switching from DP to DVI)
    Never were forced to use a DP cable by a Driver before, maybe AMD should put this as a requirement for Vega 64 + Benq Monitor

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I think it was ill timed to commit Fury cards to legacy, and recommend upgrading video cards RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HELL THAT IS THE CURRENT GPU MARKET. FFS, go upgrade your card, and get gouged badly while you do it.

Poor timing there, AMD. Faux Pax.

Jackalito, itpro, Undying and 2 others like this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Installed on Vega -> everything is fine.
    Need to test some heavy BFV Multi, but so far is flawless :p

UPD />
    BFV Is stable, Unity games gets some uplift in Lows 0.1%
    Overall good driver, i hope they give us WHQL soon enough.

DanielRX likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Got me thinking hey maybe I should look for a Vega 56 second hand, bit old now prices should be ok... yeah nope never mind $600+

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Forget about vega or rdna1 and just wait for rdna2 prices to go down and amd finally release 6600xt.

Jackalito, somemadcaaant and DanielRX like this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Looks like that's the only option really... even found one guy selling a vega 56 for $1250.... + $15 postage

OTL

*edit*
    The stupidest one yet.

[​IMG]

Jackalito and Undying like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    \ Yup RDNA2 is the way to go :cool:

Undying likes this.
  19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    OMG, that's wicked, and I do mean wicked in the strictest sense! That's akin to highway robbery, I kid you not!:mad:

*eyes own Vega 64 Red Devil*
    *occurs to me to sell*

Well, actually, that's a pretty reasonable price....btw, my VEGA64 Red Devil would be available at the same price!:p:D

AsiJu and Passus like this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    [​IMG]

AsiJu and Passus like this.