Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 (FSR) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Prefix, Jun 22, 2021.

1. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    it's because AMD Dropped driver support for Pre-Polaris GCN

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  2. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    OnnA likes this.
  3. DigitalZombie

DigitalZombie New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5700XT Pulse
    Custom Profiles still get the weird reset to default clocks. Other than that the package is great. Finally moved from 21.3 since 21.4 & 21.5 were tragic.

Undying likes this.
  4. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT
    Confirm; Resizable Bar was the problem that cause random stutter/frame drop since driver 21.3.1 to latest (21.6.1).
    i disable from Bios Resizable Bar, no more random stutter/frame drop on 21.6.1 that cause memory clock to drop for a few secs.

5. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Didn't have negative performance hits from RBAR on my Merc 319, yet did notice other quirks with system stability across a slew of games and applications. For instance ... BIOMUTANT will not close on my system so long as SAM is enabled {on any driver release -- requiring a hard reboot}, and several raytracing aware titles (including Quake II RTX) intermittently don't start at all or trigger driver crashes on startup on these latest drivers coupled with it.

For now it does seem better to have SAM disabled, especially on 21.6.1.

6. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    -- I would also remind everyone that the Fury-X's display corruption was never truly addressed {only partially / reduced probability of occurrence} before AMD stopped driver support for the card. Although voltage adjustment and clock locking was completely effective against this -- I kept the card and have continuously tested seeking resolution.

It's all around disappointing for a company to discontinue support for hardware before addressing deal-breaking issues that existed since day 1. Much as I love AMD, I'm still salty about these decisions...

7. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Member Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Bummer was looking forward to putting the 6900XT in my system and enabling re-bar, does Nvidia’s Ampere have similar issues or is it just a driver specific issue?

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    To my knowledge both AMD and NV are about the same.
    While you may get a slight perf boost in few select games you'll likely get issues elsewhere.

To me rebar/SAM and HAGS are both experimental features atm that don't show much if any real benefit yet.

So definitely shouldn't be a deal breaker.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    I wonder if above 4G decode can also cause issues? On my x470 board, above 4G decode is disabled by-default, and upon manually enabling it, I then get shown the Resize BAR option.

10. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT
    @A2Razor
    It was pissing me off to a point i wanted to sell the 6900 XT due to random stuttering/framerate drop that cause the framerate to hang at 55fps/115fps with stuttering for few secs, also Control was constantly crashing too but now it's stable with no issues with AMD Sam off.

@Nicked_Wicked
    Not sure since i don't own a Ampere GPU can't test this out but it's a driver specific issue on AMD as i can tell.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Yup these are keepers for me. Performance is up and stability also atleast for me. No crashes yet which im happy about. 21.5.2 ware tragic indeed.

AsiJu and Kuss like this.
  12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    It'd be interesting to know if Windows device manager still shows large memory range (can't recall the exact naming) when toggling it off in Wattman. If not, then I'd expect the kernel mode driver to behave the same as if Above 4G Decoding was disabled in bios.
    With previous Windows driver, just having Above 4G Decoding enabled in bios without CAM didn't cause me the issues I have when turning CAM on (lower CPU bound performance in Hitman 2 D3D12 and RDR2 Vulkan).
    I'm curious if it will be any better with Nvidia once I get a 3060 for a (at least slightly) reasonable price. Though according to tests, Nvidia screwed up SAM in Watch Dogs Legion, which is why they turned it off again for that game (it can be toggled per game via Inspector flag...). It was fine on Radeon for me (well, apart from driver crashes and raytracing issues, of course...).

13. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Vega 64
    I'm having Driver trouble with my Vega 64, but I didn't even enter the merit of my old HD7730M that is fully uncompatible with Windows 10 and had to disable it on Device Mananger on Safe Mode for the notebook to became usable.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    For a HD 7730M wouldn't you need to use "amd_catalyst_13.4_legacy_beta_vista_win7_win8" ?

I've got an old sony vaio that has a HD 4570 and to get it working on Windows 10 it needed that old 13.4 legacy driver.

There was a bit of a trick to getting it to work, I didn't write the following, I forget where I found the information... this is just what I had saved in a text document to remind myself how to do it.

--

1: Download the legacy driver for your system (legacy drivers link provided above) and run the installer but close it after it unpacked all the installation files to C:\AMD.

2: Open Device Manager.

3: Under Display adapters right click on the adapter used in your system and click Update Driver Software.

4: Click on the second option Browse my computer for driver software.

5: Click Let me pick from a list of device... in the next menu and Have Disk... on the following.

6: Click Browse on the pop-up menu and go to: C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.4_Legacy_Beta_Vista_Win7_Win8\Packages\Drivers\Display\W86A_INF.

7: Select the first .inf file - In my case this was: C7156445.inf - and click open.

8: Select the model from the list that corresponds to your hardware - there were two of the same in my case so I just clicked the first - and click Next. Afterwards the driver should install accompanied with several screen flickers.

9. Now re-run the legacy driver installer from AMD and have it install the Catalyst Control Center.

10. Restart the computer if you'd like.

This got it to work on my system and allows me to use CCC on Windows 10 with a Legacy (mobility) card.

P.O.N. likes this.
  15. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Vega 64
    Thanks, will try later. But the recomended driver acording amd.com is 21.5.2

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    21.5.2 is broken so amd recommendation means squat.

olymind1 and P.O.N. like this.
  17. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    You have to try disabling ULPS through registry, Then enable the gpu, it should working now. My HD 8790M have same problem with you. No matter driver is (from laptop manufacturer are exception), without disabling ULPS my laptop fail to boot :/ neither windows 8.1 or windows 10. I'm still facing this problem from 2016 to this day. The stable driver for discrete gcn are 21.3.2 or 21.Q2 enterprise driver

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    P.O.N. likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Maybe try that driver but the method I've copy pasted to get it installed?

There's always some sort of trick to get these things working.

P.O.N. likes this.
  19. Elrion93

Elrion93 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770
    FIFA 20 crashes with this driver (at least for me).

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Any reason why would Freesync cause these issues? is there any KB I can read about it?

Power Management is on High Performance.

PSU is Corsair HX850Watt with 2 separate PCIE cables.