Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, May 17, 2021.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080 LHR
    I would recommend to stay at 21.3.2 for now

2. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    19.X.X is best.

Undying likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    18.x.x is even better.

Hypernaut and itpro like this.
  4. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Honestly, I have had very little problems with any driver since 21.4.1 with my 6800 XT and I am currently perfectly happy with 21.5.2 as are two of my friends with their 6800 XT cards as well. I have found that if I get any issue with a driver that a simple DDU in safe mode and fresh install usually sorts my issue out and I have yet to resort to regressing to an earlier driver version.

AsiJu likes this.

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Linux amdgpu + RADV. :p
    Really hope the next Windows driver will get rid of some annoying paper cuts instead of adding even more.

6. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT
    Someone on reddit said 21.4.1 to 21.5.2 Driver install only fix the stuttering and framerate drops but you lose Radeon Software.
    Update: 21.5.2 driver only still cause random framerate drop and stuttering for at least two secs in all games, time to go back to 21.2.3 :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    HD64G likes this.
  7. mystik

mystik Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900xt N+
    I'll just chime in to report that I don't think I've experienced any frame drops since I got the 6900xt.
    i think since 21.2.1? each driver has been essentially the same.

although, i don't really play many new triple-a games.

i can try testing in free benchmarks or maybe if i own the same game that i can benchmark in?

the only bug i seem to experience is that the video playback options is empty (e.g. sharpness, brightness, etc, etc).

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    video playback options dont exist anymore just generic settings there now

9. mystik

mystik Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900xt N+
    ah, thanks. i thought it was an issue since, right before, my 580x install had the options and lost them after upgrading drivers and the card.

10. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    18 X is for civvies to attempt the Q Course

Undying likes this.

11. Warfare

Warfare Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX560 4Gb
    So, still stuck with scrambled screen and TDR with my RX560... I roll back again 20.11.2 which is rock solid.
    I'm wondering if one day I will be able to update drivers ? Is the issue coming from WDDM 2.7 or AMD Driver, that's still unclear for me. And I feel I'll not be able to buy a new GPU soon --'

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Even with 21.2.3 ?

13. Warfare

Warfare Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX560 4Gb
    It started beginning of 2021, not sure if the issue was already there with 21.2.3 or if started just after. I rolled back to 20.11.2 because this version seems to be widely approved by community.
    However seems lot of people over the web had similar issues with 21.2.3 ... will give it a shot to see :/

KissSh0t likes this.
  14. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Member Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Well, I’m back on team red. Scored a 6900XT yesterday, waiting for it to ship.

Had some problems with the 5700XT and and audio dropouts back in the day, switched to a 2070S after a few months, but I’m proud to be back at team red as they seem to push the performance and innovation envelope as always.

Can’t wait to enable re-bar, and the new software suite with minimal install. Does anyone know when HAGS is back?

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Just so you known GPU tweaking via Wattman or per-program profiles and a few other features doesn't exist in Radeon Settings Lite (It really should be modular.) it's easier to take the full install and de-activate and disable what you won't use.
    GPU boost and overall functionality don't really need Wattman as such it works pretty well but the 15% additional power draw you do get helps maintain higher peak clock speeds even if it's not a big increase and the fan defaults are fairly conservative so that really helps unless you use a custom cooler or water kit over the card.
    (Idle or something like sub-40% fan speed until the GPU needs it and then it kicks into gear it's easier and more pleasant for ones ears to use a more customized curve here.)

EDIT: As to overclocking in general it's now offset based and it's possible to hit clock stretching and have a bit of a time figuring out what works and how due to Wattman naming being standardized but these cards working in a different way but with testing and care it is possible to work with it somewhat.

For the rest I am hoping for 21.6.1 later today in time for getting support out for next weeks drop of this first wave of AMD's upscaling support in a few games but I have no idea when Hardware GPU Scheduling will come back. Kinda expect it to be with the 21H2 or newer builds once Microsoft has worked it over a bit more though but it could happen earlier. :)

EDIT: And yeah much as I would like to see a modular settings software I do understand it's not like they can just chop it up that easily and just ship it out, there's the current version and the Radeon Settings UWP version for Windows Store that maybe was used as a basis for the Lite version here and for anything else it'd require additional work and testing.

Maybe in a upcoming driver overhaul but for now there's plenty of other priorities and things to support, fix or whatever before making yet another variant of the settings software again. :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Nicked_Wicked and OnnA like this.

16. Xike

Xike New Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 Mech GP OC
    Hey , Im going crazy with my 5700 Mech GP OC the last two weeks "no i dont have any thermal issues what so ever the temps are super low even with fans max spinning at 2000 RPM Core temp 63 memory temp 74 max in benchmarks and way lower while gaming" but the issue ive been facing is with Driver Time out ! i was almost sure my card is faulty till i changed like 100 drivers to get to 20.11.1 and this one is the most stable one so far , im not sure if any of the isues i had has anything to do with the underclocking i have cuz sometimes i run benchmarks for 30 no issues and sometimes crash on first one , and with latest drivers even when on stock clocks / volts , anyways good to know its not my card but the drivers ...are u experiancing the same issues as i am ? do u also get green screens sometimes ? or if u know whats that for im guessing that is cuz of low voltage im not sure

17. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 Pulse 8Gb
    there exist a tdr issue but i think is on polaris only.

18. Warfare

Warfare Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX560 4Gb
    Yep, on Polaris it's a fu$$ing mess. Scrambled screen, black screen, green screen ... while browsing the web with Chrome or Edge (w and w/o hardware acc).

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    From what i've seen even rdna cards have issues. This driver overall isnt that good. Im hopping it will be resolved or atleast acknowledged in 21.6.1.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    I have a RX 580, and haven't had a TDR yet with these drivers. I mainly use Firefox, but have used Edge here and there for a few minutes also without issue.