Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Oct 11, 2021.

1. SebastianDI

SebastianDI Active Member

GPU:
    AMD blabla
    I dont even think, that its a BIOS thing...dont slay me, its just my thoughts.....lets see, how the new chipdrivers will do on Thursday.

itpro likes this.
  2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    This is NOT a BIOS issue.... purely MS at fault here....
    They touched the windows scheduler because of ADL and they completely borked it again.... Chipset drivers is also not a golden solution -- it will just take over over telling windows again which cores are best and which should boost higher because now everything is borked in W11 .... Still - chipset drivers are a workaround... And the low throughput (not talking about latency issues!) on L3 cache still remains unsolved...

Jackalito, OnnA, Undying and 2 others like this.
  3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    ...But Windows 11 is the gamers' kindergarten... I'm happy I value my time but not Microsoft's marketing.:D

4. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    Hmm, did a clean install of W11, still have ReBar and Above 4G decoding enabled in BIOS, first I couldn't enable SAM in driver and now I don't have the option at all. Lol.

EDIT: And SAM later showed up again. Cool.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3060 XC
    There's two different issues. One involves CPPC2, and that needs a chipset driver fix from AMD apparently. You can get that driver now by requesting it from AMD. It's debatable if CPPC affects performance much, but overall, this is minor and easy to fix.

The other more widely-known issue is the L3 cache. This affects all Ryzen CPUs. In-short, Microsoft "broke" something in Windows 11 insider builds (pre-Release), but they fixed whatever they broke in Dev builds back in early September (both latency and throughput). The odd parts however are that they didn't bother bringing this fix over to the Release build in Oct 5th, held the update to some arbitrary date in the future (Oct 19th) instead of releasing a fix immediately, and (apparently) still didn't address both issues on the Oct 19th update (latency and throughput; although I'm hearing mixed things about this).

The issue with the L3 cache affected both latency (the time being notably higher) and throughput (on a 2700X, it goes from about 420GB/s on W10 down to not even 100GB/s on W11; it's significant). Both explicitly can be benchmarked from AIDA64.

I could give some kind of a pass about this if Microsoft indicated they have no idea what changed, but they fixed this over a month ago, and are somehow incapable of just redoing the fix all of a sudden for Release builds. It's incompetence best-case, and suspicious worst-case.

AsiJu, SebastianDI and The Creator like this.
  6. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    To try to fix the L3 cache problem try disabling in the Bios All entries regarding CPPC and do Bench before and after . All this until it is solved by Microsoft.

SebastianDI likes this.
  7. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT LE
    AMD Ryzen™ Chipset Driver Release Notes (3.10.08.506)

Release Highlights
    OpenGL error pop up issue fixed.
    Restores intended function and behavior of UEFI CPPC2 (“preferred core”) in Windows® 11 build 22000.189 (or newer) on AMD processors. For additional information, please visit AMD knowledge base PA-400

Jackalito, Undying and HD64G like this.
  8. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Tinfoil hat mode : on

**cough***cough**** To make Intel ADL look better in initial benchmarks than it really is ? **cough** **cough**

Tinfoil hat mode : off

9. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT / 6800M
    Honestly, Intel has been dealing with things in the most shady way possible for over thirty years; I really wouldn't put it past them that your thinking is correct.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Wintel is an old meme with some basis in truth, so tbh, I am not surprised that AMD was not invited to the developer loop when this component was being worked on. (Probably at the insistence of Intel) MS needs to do some policy changes regarding exclusivity.

11. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800xt Nitro+
    Looks like M$ is putting out "beta" fixes.

SebastianDI likes this.
  12. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Just installed MS MB5006746 update on Win11. L3 cache situation fixed, AIDA64 L3 read test went from 100GB/s to 420GB/s and L3 latency from 30ns to 9ns.

13. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Hooray ! and this "just" two and half months after the issue was known, and only "just" two months after it was fixed in the dev branch....
    Oh boy....

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Can anyone indeed confirm first hand this fix is actually present and works:

• Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.

I'd rather not install this driver before knowing.
    (Recording with Radeon Software works fine but OBS allows much more granular control over encoder settings).

15. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    I tested OBS after installed these drivers and didn't experienced that bug, so I assume that's fixed

AsiJu likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Thanks must have missed your post

17. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Vega 64