Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, Feb 11, 2021.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    You sure that your old PSU is not the culprit? I would replace it.
    If any RT games crashes for you than it means it unstable even at maximum 1150mV voltage and that could mean only two things, bad card or PSU.
    My bet is PSU.

2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Anyone has the same problem (since AMD fixed the issues with Samsung monitors incl. the RG-Series) :
    I have set in the power plan the monitor to go to standby after X time.
    Once the X is reached I hear the sound as the device has been disconnected and the display turns black.... but the monitor doesn't go into the actual power saving mode but just... stays black... and after 15-20 seconds I hear a repeated sound of the device disconnecting....
    And it repeats in an infinite loop....

Not a big issue because I normally turn the monitor off by hand before going to sleep (I nearly never turn off the whole PC) but if I am working in a different room and the speakers are on.... I constantly hear the disconnecting windows sound.... which kinda goes on my nerves... For now I have set up the monitor to never turn off... but imho it might be a bug.
    At least in some conjunction with the Samsung RG9 - Series and RDNA2...

3. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    this driver hard locks my FPS in FC5 and FC new dawn to 2598! No matter how I set my OC sliders. no other previous driver did this. Can someone else who has FC5 confirm this on your end too please.?

** Note this is on a 6900XT gpu

4. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I have a similar issue when my monitor goes to power saving mode. I move the mouse to reactivate the screen and it plays that connection sound but the monitor remains black. It glows so power has gone to it. I then have to cycle through the switch on the monitor to HDMI then back to Display port for it to activate.

5. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    @PrEzi @Hypernaut Your issues are clearly something related with your monitor going to deep sleep state causing it to act like being disconnected.

As last action together with monitor firmware updates I suggest you updating gpu gop if vbios is not available. Drivers are not meant to fix all issues.

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    I disagree.
    It worked fine in the driver prior to 21.2.1. (prior to the Series RG9 black screen fix).
    Reverting back to pre-fix solves the issue, but brings the black screen back.
    So it is a clear regression.
    IMHO AMD added a workaround to prevent full state of deep sleep if the monitor is from the Samsung G9 or RG9 series. But of course this is only my opinion/guts.
    And my monitor is already on the latest firmware 1004.0 I could get (directly from Korean Sammy website).

7. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I checked my BIOS and I had too high voltages - VCCIO 1.24V and CPU System Agent Voltage 1.24V because of AUTO value. I tried to set them to normal or higher voltages manually but it didn't affect memory stability at all. I run Memtest86 without any errors with low and high voltages. Quake II RTX crashes always.
    Metro Exodus and WOT benchmarks run without any problems.

I had Evga FTW3 3080 Ultra with 420W beta BIOS for some tests 2 months ago. I had no issues with my PSU and that card. So I don't believe that 6800XT is greedier for power.

3080 was with 3x8 pin connectors so I had to put as 3rd one of CPU power cables (4+4). Now, 6800XT is powered just with 2 PCI power lines (6+2). Is it possible that these 2 PCI lines are not enough?

02-en[1].jpg

More information about PSU: Here and here

For now, I think I can reproduce crashing with Quake II RTX only. With some other games and benchmarks I reach 320W consumption without problem (seen on Radeon overlay metrics).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  8. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Installed fine here, audio works.

9. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I just finished Quake II RTX demo without any crashes. But I succeed to do this because I lowered the power limit to -6. So probably the reason for my constant crashes with this game is my old PSU. It's 1000W but probably PCI power lines are not enough to feed my Red Devil.

With the default power limit I reach 280W consumption and the game crashes. With -6 power limit - just 264W and the game is ok.
    Now it's a big mystery, why with +15 power limit I play other games with 320W consumption without any problems but with this game I have to lower the consumption to 260W?!?

10. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    @The Creator Because i doubt that a psu from 2007 will have a good transient response.

HD64G likes this.

11. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    And what will be the symptoms of this kind of issue? Because I have no power off, no crash of the diver, no crash of Windows. Just Quake II RTX freezes and a few moments later Windows says that the application doesn't respond and offers me to close it. No driver recovery, no black screen... The driver doesn't report any issues and doesn't reset anything. The system is ok and I can run the game again immediately.
    All other games run very well with 320W consumption (the maximum for the card).

I just don't want to buy a new PSU if I'm not sure that the cause of the problem is the old one.

HD64G likes this.
  12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @The Creator do you have 3D Mark Pro? if yes try to run Raytracing stress test benchmark how long it will work.
    Also while other games does not crash, have you tried to run them for a while in 4K resolution? (via virtual super resolution being enabled in AMD Software) this put highest stress on the GPU.

13. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Gaming with hardware passed the "10+" year mark is like swimming overweight.

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Say it to my soundcard ;-)

15. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I don't have pro license for 3DMark so I haven't tried RT there.

I just activated Virtual Super Resolution and played some games (including World of Tanks enCore RT benchmark) in 4K. No problem at all.

I tried Metro benchmark with these settings (with RT Ultra):

metro.jpg

I had 320W consumption without a problem.

1613591285359.jpg

I used these driver settings:

radeon.jpg

Overclocked and undervolted. :D

So I still believe that Quake II RTX has some bugs and my PSU is ok even it's old. Of course I have tried Quake without overclock with stock settings too.

somemadcaaant and HD64G like this.

16. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    RX 580. Some weird issues cropping up. Radeon settings wont full launch after running a 3d application. Instability at stock clocks.

EDIT: Solved. Very sensitive to VCCSA. Dropped it by one notch and everything was as it should be. The driver also will not recover properly after a failed OC. restart required.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Issue is fixed and fix should be included in the next driver release (or one after that).

boombastik, HD64G and JonasBeckman like this.
  18. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I generally agree. But some folks on 1080p can still do this. Especially on older MMO's or indie games. I guess if they don't mind medium-high 1080p the statement holds true on games that run on DX9 compatible hardware.

19. DanielRX

DanielRX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
    Known issues: HDMI Audio Devices may fail to install on Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.

SAME BUG, WINDOWS10 1909 RX VEGA56.
    radeon-software-adrenalin-21.2.2-beta-vrt-feb15.exe

20. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Is the fix also applied for Vega cards?