Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ninja750, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800XT
    I have an issue with ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ and 6800XT at boot up.
    If I shut down the PC and leave monitor power on, the monitor goes to standby.
    Now when I turn on the PC, XG27WQ does not turn on.
    The PC boots and I hear a beep sound from bios that monitor is not detected.
    I need to turn off power to monitor and power it on again for the Windows Welcome screen to appear.
    It is very annoying but I am not sure how I could solve it.:mad:
    I am not sure if this is driver related or not as this happen when turning on PC.

Otherwise the monitor works great. I have it since 2 months now.

My work around until now is to turn off the monitor when turning off PC.
    Next time before I boot the PC I turn the monitor on just a few seconds before pressing power button of PC. This way monitor always turn on when booting and detects signal from 6800XT. :confused:

The monitor is connected through display port.

2. HD64G

HD64G Member

GPU:
    SapphirePulseRX5700
    Some people solved similar problems just by not allowing the disks in their PC to deactivate in small periods of time (20-30mins) but in at least 1H.

3. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I think in similar way, NOW. In november i compared prices of bitcoin with its value two years ago and did a little research on what i can do on my gpu. After it i started to run mining script (i'm mining ethereum, to be specific) when my pc doesn't need to utilize gpu at 100% or so. Since then my gpu mined enough eth i could afford, for example, decent quality and capacity ssd (a side note: any drive under 512GB and all sata SSDs I consider to be an e-waste). So technically while my pc is idle it makes me money, before that it was just wasting energy without any profits or at least returns in value. If i would start earlier now i would be able to afford new gpu so... gpu would earn me a new gpu. I regret i didn't start mining 10 or more years ago.

Main purpose of my pc is work and entertainment. I have just one card, i didn't apply dedicated bios, i didn't install any special mining drivers, just created a profile in afterburner with slight undervolt, nothing fancy, and i switch to this profile when card is mining, for gaming i'm switching back to stock settings. I'm not pedophile nor a drug dealer (lol), just a common folk who came to logical conclusion: if my pc is idle i can put it into some background work to make it afford itself.

4. SmokusPokus

SmokusPokus New Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 6800 XT
    With these drivers I have encountered a very annoying issue.
    In 3dMark time spy for example or The Medium, Shadow of the Tomb Raider my GPU fans will ramp up to 100% for no reason. Temps would be normal, but the fans would still run at 100% as soon as the level has loaded.

I used custom fan curve that allow max 60% of fan speed, but they still were running on 100%.
    upload_2021-2-1_14-33-6.png

I tried using default AMD curve which allow 75% max, but they still ran on 100%.
    upload_2021-2-1_14-32-26.png

Only when I had the toggle on "Fan Tuning" set to Disabled, fans didn't ramp up to 100%.
    upload_2021-2-1_14-33-30.png

Has anyone had this issue so far?

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I've cleaned up a number of posts. let's try and be a little more civil towards each other, shall we?

Krteq and flaviowolff like this.
  6. flaviowolff

flaviowolff Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 256MB
    That's my exact situation, except that I created a modded bios that I flash to when I mine more than a few hours, yielding me about 3 mh/s more, and then flash back when I game. Not much effort.

Regarding my original post in this thread: morepowertool doesnt work with 21.1.1 to let me set voltages below 750mv, which is essential for a good efficiency when mining ethereum with my rig (i use 1255mhz clock, 1800mhz/700mv vram with TeamRedMiner 0.8.0 mode B)

spectatorx likes this.
  7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Yeah I do appologise to all

It is just mining for profit grinds my gears

Sorry

flaviowolff likes this.
  8. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Honestly, it's an understandable sentiment / one that I personally get quite well, and for that matter I'm pretty-sure that seeing pictures of dozens of cards going to a single person when others can't procure a single one grinds "most" people's gears. It helps to remember that not every miner, or researcher, is like those pictures though, those are "exceptional cases" {where the cards are never used for anything other than compute loads} and certainly not the norm. But yeah, I think we're all fairly compassionate in this respect that we hate seeing someone who wants a gaming rig incapable of getting one.

-- Those who are the real problem as I'll call it {during the constant supply shortage} ... are those who buy dozens or more, spreading their purchase load across multiple store fronts, botting to acquire them, or otherwise circumventing buying-limits. Basically taking away hardware from someone who actually needs it, and has none.

Passus likes this.
  9. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    No experience with the XG27WQ, yet I've had similar on my ancient ROG Swift, which was solved by disabling "Deep Sleep" in the monitor's settings.
    -- I assume you've already dug through the options for anything like that, yet if not, it's worth checking.

10. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800XT
    Thanks for the hint.
    There is no such setting option in my monitor's menu.
    There is an ECO Mode but this setting is grayed out when connected using Display port.

I tried something different.
    I connected 6800XT to my XG27WQ through HDMI instead of Display port then this problem with monitor not waking up when booting computer after monitor is in Standby does not occur.
    It seems only with Display port 6800XT has issues with my monitor. :mad:

Disadvantage of using HDMI is that monitor run max at 1440P@144Hz.
    With display port I get 1440P@160Hz.
    It is most probably not driver issue as it only happens when booting.
    I guess I should contact ASUS support and report this to them.

11. Espionage724

Espionage724 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  12. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro W5500
    These drivers are great, no problems whatsoever. Not going to upgrade to the latest one, waiting for the new enterprise drivers that was suppose to come out on the 11th, but was pushed back. But these Adrenalin drivers works perfect. Fixed a few issues with a few games as well.

HD64G and Espionage724 like this.
  13. HD64G

HD64G Member

GPU:
    SapphirePulseRX5700
    I think that s because you have a custom GPU that when fan control is enabled it sees the % as the one for the ref GPU fans, whereas on the specific number of RPM you adjuct it for your specific GPU.