Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by frankuzzo, Sep 29, 2020.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    Radeon VII user here. Popped this card back in last month to see the progress in drivers. I have an ASUS XG32VQR Freesync 2 HDR (Premium Pro) equivalent monitor. It just works now! I mean really works. Freesync 2 titles are not glitching out over saturated or over bright/grey. I've had zero issues crashing etc. Have it clocked to 1915 core right now at 1126 volts to get a stable OC. If anybody has advice on that to get a higher clock id appreciate it!

So far though I tried lower and higher voltage specs to only get what I have now. Hey 200+ FPS in Doom Eternal 2k Ultra Nightmare HDR is sweet!

Really enjoying the progress in these drivers. I just hope they continue to fine tune what they already have instead of trying to add more features.

They have plenty of useful features now. I'm happy to see this progress and hope for more when Navi 21 etc Come to market.

I also have an RTX 2080 Ti and actually prefer using this Radeon VII with Freesync 2 right this moment. I want to build a 2nd rig and keep the Ti with another chip for folding at home and RTX titles. The Ti is great, but the Image Quality in the VII is just through the roof minus the RTX features (which are cool btw). The texture filtering I honestly find sharper on the VII.

Also long time no post....Hello again!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    HD64G, PrEzi and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    welcome back!!!
    :)

PrEzi and GhostXL like this.
  3. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    Hey thanks! Yeah it's been a while since I posted. Was really impressed by my experience on this particular Adrenaline set, so I had to make time and post about it!

4. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
  7. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    I have an RX 580 4GB, so, yeah... But my CPU is bad, so it bottlenecks probably (ryzen 3 1200 @ 4GHz).

8. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    No, just a bad port, recommend cpu for Mafia is FX-8350 4.2GHz so on that side you are fine.