Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by frankuzzo, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Ohhh, good to know, thx for info :)

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    Ended up buying the game to give it a go. I only played about 2 hours of singleplayer, but had no issues.

Framerate maintained at 90 FPS, but I had to run nearly all VR graphical settings at lowest, and even then my performance headroom was at or less than 20% most of the time with a RX 580. Had no stuttering.

I bought the game on Origin store and thus had native Oculus support (OpenVR, but close enough I guess). There's a lot of reports on Steam forums of people having performance issues and crashes with SteamVR.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    There is an issue with Star Wars Squadrons in which internally the framerate is lower then what's reported. Causing stutter and input lag. Among other issues.

Other issue relates to control input lag/deadzone issues:

It would be nice, for once, if you did a quick search of your problem with that game before posting here blaming the issue "on the drivers". It cuts down on unnecessary confusion in situations like this. Furthermore, it's a disservice to those actually looking for insight into these gaming problems. A cursory glance would tell us its the game, not the drivers. As it's making the rounds in the media.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSq...erate_looks_like_half_of_what_it_actually_is/

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-squadrons-pc-bugs/
    https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...ps-animations-100-cpu-usage-issues-on-the-pc/
    https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/1...30-fps-animations-100-percent-cpu-usage-bugs/
    https://cogconnected.com/2020/10/star-wars-squadron-30fps-pc-cpu-performance-issues/

For me the game is unplayable. I cannot control the crafts in a way that allows me to maneuver. It's like I'm a boat in space.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Wasn't that an issue with some other game too reporting 2x the actual performance figure due to what was it again something with the primary render thread?
    I think MSI Afterburner was mentioned but it should have some compatibility or setting if confirmed which should work if it's the same problem here.

EDIT: Flight Simulator 2020 I think?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Here is what I found out so far. It appears that in order to get smooth gameplay you have to manually reset "Custom Framerate Limiter" in the Graphics section of MW2019.
    While under "Custom":
    1. -Gameplay Custom Framerate Limit
    2. -Menu Custom Framerate Limit
    3. -Out of Focus Custom Framerate Limit
    Set all of these to 300.00

Then set Custom Framerate Limit to Unlimited. If you just set it from Custom To Unlimited it doesn't work, at least for me.
    Exit out the game
    Next open MSI Afterburner. Go to RiverTuner Statistic Server and add a profile for it. Add ModernWarfare.exe and set Framerate Limit to your monitor's refresh rate.
    Go to MSI A/B. Click on the gear icon for setup. Tab over to Monitoring enable the GPU graphs. Make sure you select "Show in On-Screen Display". For Framerate set "Show in On-Screen Display" to Graph.​
    Start MW2019 again.
    The game should be a lot smoother now.

The problem is that using Custom Framerate Limit in MW2019 is completely broken and causes more stutter then in other games with built in frame rate limiter. In those cases gameplay is much smoother and offers the lower input latency as demonstrated by Battlenonsense. I only wish he would do a review on MW2019 and BO4 as both games have borked framerate limit which exacerbate the stutter/delay issues.

https://imgur.com/5IqCwXD

Jackalito and PrEzi like this.
  6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    I am finally on 2004 and installed that KB update.
    HOLY crap. It's gone! The flickering is gone!

7. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Great to read that :)

MerolaC likes this.
  8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Yes!

I tested Discord which was the WORSE. It made it happen on desktop.
    Mafia DE on loading screens.
    And Overwatch also on loading screens.

All of those, fixed.

9. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    By the way, I still get problems with my custom Wattman profiles which are not applied properly on my Vega 56 from time to time. I need to alter some settings, apply them, and alter the settings back again and apply them again. Also after a restart, the story can repeat itself again.

I'd like to see a more robust implementation in the next big Adrenaline update. The same applies to other custom game settings (Enhanced Sync, Anti-Lag).

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Sucks man.
    Except for the custom game settings, which won't revert to the global profile. Global profile Undervolt, custom fan profile, power target, etc works fine and sticks between restarts.
    I have luck as it's working just fine for me since 20.4.2
    You should report the bug to AMD.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Thanks for confirming, and yeah, I know how you feel. :cool:

MerolaC likes this.
  12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    I don't know how such a thing cold have gone unfixed for so long.
    It's not like a random bug that triggers once every a million people. It's something that plagued a lot of displays and configurations. :S

13. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Don't know why but i was getting BSOD with 20.9.2 with my RX 580.
    Reverted back to 20.9.1 WHQL with ddu and no more BSOD.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    In what games? Is the card overclocked?

15. DonMigs85

DonMigs85 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4G
    getting terrible stuttering and framepacing issues in a lot of games with this driver. Gonna try DDU and reinstall and see if that fixes it.

16. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    2080S
    Just tried this driver on son's PC and in SWS got CTD after mission loading in VR, just as background images vanished. On the other hand, as user 2080s I wish I could see normal images in VR in game menus like on 5700XT...And normal movies, and not unsynced for every eye crap. This game is so fkd up...

17. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GigaByte RX5700 GO
    No change for me :/

18. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Mostly on Genshin Impact, no overclocks.
    And after the bsod i got that wattaman crash and restored to default message.

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    My rx480 gaming x doesn't play well with this driver. After bringing the monitor on from standby, I've experienced 3 crashes to a black screen or frozen desktop that forced me to reset, also another when starting Strike Suite Zero DC. No issue with 20.9.1 (for which I returned to) or previous versions.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  20. DonMigs85

DonMigs85 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4G
    So I ran DDU and installed 20.9.1, it indeed fixed the FreeSync stuttering issue. I suspect 20.9.2 broke FreeSync over HDMI for me