Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by frankuzzo, Sep 29, 2020.

1. frankuzzo

frankuzzo New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 8Gb
    Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Highlights
    Support For

• STAR WARS™: Squadrons
    Added Vulkan™ Support
    • VK_KHR_buffer_device_address
      • This extension is used to query the device address of a buffer to allow for shader access to that buffer’s storage via the SPV_KHR_physical_storage_buffer SPIRV extension.
    • VK_EXT_robustness2
      • This extension provides stricter restrictions for handling reads and writes that are out of bounds. It specifies that out-of-bounds reads must return zeros and out-of-bounds writes must be discarded. This extension also adds support for null descriptors.
    • VK_EXT_shader_image_atomic_int64
      • This extension extends existing 64-bit integer atomic support to images, which provides more efficient access than buffers. This allows applications to quickly improve their performance with minor changes to their code.
    Fixed Issues
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable after updating Radeon Software without a system reboot.
    • Screen flickering may be observed while MSI Afterburner™ is running or enabled on the system.
    • X-Plane 11™ may experience an application hang or crash when using the Vulkan® API.
    • DOOM™ VFR may experience corruption or artifacting in game on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations.
    • Performance metrics overlay may fail to open or appear after the system wakes from sleep.
    • Call of Duty®: WWII may experience black textures on the ground or walls in zombies game mode.
    • Blocky corruption may be observed in Detroit: Become Human™ on some Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Using the Movies&TV application to edit video clips may result in green corruption in the clips.
    • Performance metrics may report incorrect values for current VRAM usage after an extended period of gameplay.
    • With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
    • World of Warcraft™ may experience corruption issues with anti-aliasing enabled on DirectX®12 API.
    • Launching Radeon Software after a driver upgrade, may cause the Auto OC dialogue to appear with “0 Mhz” when the Auto OC feature has been previously enabled on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    Known Issues
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
    • Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
    Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-9-2-driver-download.html

mentor07825, Embra, OnnA and 6 others like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Blacklist for Radeon Image Sharpening for Serious Sam 4 (Already has AMD FidelityFX CAS I suppose.)
    High performance GPU affinity flag for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Godfall, Baldur's Gate 3, Star Wars Squadrons, Watchdogs Legion and WoW Shadowlands. (World of Warcraft)

Embra, lukas_1987_dion, OnnA and 3 others like this.
  3. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Finally, hope that is true. I have a lot of testing to do.

4. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Just in case - Recommended/WHQL was also updated

Hoping Performance Overlay + VSR functions again for me and others...along with resetting/corruption of Performance setting - Power Tuning set itself to -10(set to this before), even though I set it to default and even disabled it... Yes, DDU and the AMD cleaner were used in Safe Mode after the Uninstall...

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Such a dumb ass ignorant thing to say.

6. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    well toxic masculinity agenda driven bs is all over star wars, star trek.
    no more scifi shows being made today that are any good. they all suffer the same thing. its all over games today, I just avoid buying them.
    You may say its a dumb thing to say and yes you are right it is i wish it wasnt true.
    Men are weak and morally corrupt who cant lead or make hard choices.
    woman are morally strong and far better than men in every way.
    That is modern TV

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Nah, it's just that society has figured out this Truth, and that Moses was a jerk.

lukas_1987_dion, jono24776 and Passus like this.
  8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Every adrenalin driver i tested with my cards are all good, good fps, very stable, no issues. i Just did some small testing with my RX 570 on my second computer. 20.9.2 vs 20.Q3
    Wildlands, Gear Tactics , Sleeping Dogs, 20.9.2 is very close to the 20.q3. Improvement compared to the past Adrenalin drivers. 20.Q3 shows about 5-15fps more fps in Sleeping dogs and Gear tactics, Wildlands, about 5 more fps with the enterprise.

Still not as fast as enterprise drivers, but overall good drivers.

Someone is bored today. Nice troll comment lol

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I was playing SWTOR and the first thing I noticed is that I was able to spin the camera around, and there was NO LOAD ASSET LATENCY, and the subsequent hitching. o_O Yay!! :dancing:

patteSatan and Jackalito like this.
  10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Jackalito likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Forza H4 crash to desktop -> Solved

Radeon Settings just do not import properly my Tweaks.
    Now it's fine, for FRT Chill is needed (70/70), FreeSync is working fine.

Next -> BFV
    UPD. Still buggy (When in build mode no outline GFX, it can dissapear from time to time, So You can't see the build structures)

So Vega users have buggy drivers since 20.5.1 WHQL

Note:
    Now the good things :p
    It's Fastest to date in Gaming, not tested 3Dmark yet.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    P.O.N., Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  12. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Yes, woke agenda is everywhere in entertainment and big companies go woke and then broke, because no one except a few deranged commies on twitter cares about it. However, this isn't the place to discuss it. Plus if you dislike something, just vote with your wallet.

More to the topic, people who tried these and have no issues, do you use the latest win 10 update ? I'm still on 20.5 because I mostly don't have time to do an update and I wanted to do both, drivers and win, but the internet is full of issues and I'm not sure if they are resolved or not.

13. magiQx

magiQx Active Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    "Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products."
    Just found out yesterday that i have this issue while trying to OC the GPU (5700XT).

14. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Just stop downloading amd radeon drivers. Use windows update driver and Microsoft store radeon settings application.

AMD is kinda better with console ecosystem. I let Microsoft to manage my pc rig and feel the stability and its smoothness.

15. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Windows just picks up the latest WHQL and silent installs it and Microsoft is occasionally pretty slow with updating their Windows Update database for drivers, so some products get drivers from a few months/year(s) ago until they eventually add a new WHQL in their database. ;)

16. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    strange for me worse driver ever not sure why but halved nearly all my bench mark score

17. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Clean install is your way then.
    Uninstall + DDU + then install again.

18. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I just run time spy three times, even rebooted before last run, for some reason i'm getting 100 points less on this driver than i usually get. I even checked if i have instant replay or similar functionality turned on but no, disabled. Will investigate it later and see what i will find out.

P.S.
    On a side note, recently i notice this mistake more and more often and i'm kinda surprised people make it at all as both words are extremely different in many ways: worse vs the worst. I'm not native speaker and my english is far from perfect, i am aware of that, but this just amuses me.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I never let ms update drivers for me. I actually disconnect from the net while clean installing my driver becouse windows update mess everything up.

20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Well I ran 3DMark as normal with a new driver, no changes in scores because I cant fecking run the tests?!?

screen froze so I restarted pc but now radeon settings wont open

1 day old fresh windows install too