Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1 (6/10/2020)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    https://www.amd.com/en/support

This looks similar to the prior 20.5.1 but Radeon Memory Visualizer is new and added to the drivers. So, in order to avoid confusion I created a separate thread to discuss it further. Again, the date for this is 6-10-2020.

https://gpuopen.com/introducing-radeon-memory-visualizer/

https://gpuopen.com/rmv/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    I assume it was a missed entry as 20.5.1 should have supported that and AMD mentioned it needed larger driver updates to support this so I don't know since the driver build and version itself hasn't changed but then it wouldn't be the only time some change managed to get jammed in without any larger changes either. :p

Same with the updated known issue around HDMI scaling which should also have been added with this WHQL update although as a comparison of the config files show they did update two audio related components to new versions and something got changed with the AMD User Experience having a different GUID but it's likely just signed as nothing else differs there. :D

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Cant find a download link yet.

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    It should be the same 20.5.1 driver from AMD but instead of June 3rd the file date and also on the file name of the installer it should now show June 10th instead. :)

Undying likes this.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Oh yeah right, but it still says optional! Well...:D

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    It can take a while before AMD moves whatever driver they promote from optional to recommended it's not immediately whenever the current latest one gets WHQL certified though I believe they only promote WHQL signed drivers to recommended.
    I still mostly just find it to be a Microsoft signature and little else changes but it would mean AMD at least feels confident to recommend that driver over the latest available.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    all drivers are whql certified.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Right I'm mixing it with that secondary Microsoft signature on the dll files again I think, there's a AMD one and a Microsoft one as the files would need to be digitally signed or you wouldn't even be able to install them especially under x64 for security reasons at least without some boot modifiers active.

Then this updated version adds a secondary Microsoft signature to the .DLL files so there's three instead, suppose they've just been called the WHQL driver and the other ones are sometimes seen as beta even if AMD doesn't really do much for beta or hotfix drivers anymore outside of the Vanguard program. :)

EDIT: Or I'm remembering it entirely wrong, re-checked and it's two AMD signatures and then this update has an additional one from Microsoft now.
    For the re-release of 20.5.1 here those are from May 25th for the AMD ones and June 10th for the date for the Microsoft .dll signature.

Suppose they have a different name.

EDIT: Although I'm pretty out of date on this process nowadays, entirely automated wasn't it and as such it seems like it'd be a simple thing to do for almost every driver release if there's no other delays.

Which there could be, driver itself doesn't seem to have changed far as anything immediate goes but there were those two component updates so some additional work went into this new build and possibly some additional testing too in the process.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020