Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Nov 18, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It rounds a bit yeah not sure as to why same when increasing the speed it tends to round a bit, wonder if that's what the new memory Wattman XML property is for whereas I had assumed it to be GDDR6 voltage adjustments that maybe while not implemented could have been planned or will be a future thing for the 6000 series of GPU's but might be some drop or curve adjustment...hmm but that seems a bit weird the VRAM clocks should have a few states and timings but the speeds are mostly fixed it doesn't curve between each it just hops to those. (Idle and full clocks then there's a few different timing modes depending on the clock speeds.)

EDIT: Hmm wonder if that explains the general VRAM sensitivity and instability, AMD's not saying but I do wonder how problematic the memory controller on RDNA1/5000 series of GPU's might actually be.

Thus relaxing it a bit or what these drivers do might greatly improve stability on some GPU's huh should try that in Watch_Dogs Legion where I can barely increase the GPU memory clock speeds above the 1750 / defaults at all before it crashes. (825 Mhz x2 I think that would be.)

Ran through Horizon Zero Dawn at 1800 without issue but had to scale it back for this game and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, not much of a performance difference anyway but finding the most demanding title and absolute stability point is quite a task.
    (Another 50 here in this game no issues and for this game well ... an extra 10, maybe. :p )

Eh it's how it usually goes just that in this case some titles are a little bit more extreme than the usual.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Hypernaut likes this.
  2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    As funny as it might sound I can fully agree on that --- different titles / engines are taxing different components.... E.g. for final system memory stability I am using of course TM5 with custom profiles but also.... Diablo 3. It is extremely sensitive to any memory instabilities. 2 hours in D3 without any weird issues/crashes etc. and I can sign off the paper where it states that the memory timings are stable.
    Good to know that WD Legion and Valhalla are those two titles to check GPU Memory stability :)

Hypernaut likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah the early drivers could be even tougher until 19.8.1 as overclocking could shut down the system entirely and the 19.8 drivers had other stability issues in turn.
    Usually I'm expecting to see glitches or small artifacts or long sessions leading to instability after a few hours here with a few games you get results almost immediately though the error correction stuff can also mean you see a performance degradation before any weird visual glitches or screen artifacts or stability problems.

Helps with getting a better view on what your own hardware is capable of at least and pretty quick at that too assuming there's no other issue at play here and it's just from how these titles are hitting VRAM really hard.
    (Potentially combined with AMD's bios and AGESA code and XMP RAM stability issues but it's starting to get pretty good with this in the newer updates.)

Hypernaut likes this.
  4. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    One can hope for a modular installer?

Hypernaut and AlleyViper like this.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Before Christmass.

Hypernaut likes this.
  6. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 SapphirePulse
    @LocoDiceGR anything to this related?
    I tested 2 times with ddu uninstaller and also install above the old version.

Hypernaut likes this.
  7. xubeiga

xubeiga Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    any vega Users having good experience with this driver? ive been using 20.4.2 only cause it seems its the most stable

Hypernaut likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Read some pages back ;)
    It is good release.

Hypernaut and DanielRX like this.
  9. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I finally got to test BFV with my Vega 56 yesterday, I still get too many spikes here and there in DX12 mode, it is more stable in DX11 mode but the CPU frame times are quite a bit worse (from around 8 ms in DX12 to around 10-11 ms in DX11).

Hypernaut likes this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Tried to build? is shimmering occurs (build places).

11. watchblocker

watchblocker New Member

GPU:
    RX 5600xt/gtx 1060
    Very strange driver
    I had to work hard to make it work without any problems on my RX5600xt
    Attempts to install it through the usual installation or through RadeonSoftwareSlimmer, did not give success
    This driver also broke my operating system, latencymon latencies reached 400+
    I had to completely unpack it, install it through the device manager and install the control panel from the previous version of the driver
    After that everything worked stably, without any delays

Adding to the post:
    In Battlefield V, there is a more stable frame rate, without microlags (which was very surprising)
    This problem still remains

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    OnnA and Hypernaut like this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ Vanguard guys please pass this over :cool:

13. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    What would be last version of Radeon Software that works with MSI AFterburner for setting fan curve ? On newest version fans doesnt react on settings in MSI Afterburner. Or is there any alternative software ? AMD is not accurate at all.

14. watchblocker

watchblocker New Member

GPU:
    RX 5600xt/gtx 1060
    I can recommend OverDriveNTool
    I use it myself to adjust the fan curve
    Because setting through the fan curve control panel sometimes does not save them
    Only a minus in it is that all values are in percentages

15. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT

16. xubeiga

xubeiga Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    anyone having bad performance on Control with this driver?
    Idk, i just bought the game and i tried start playing and in the first place of the game i had 40 fps even on medium and i've seen people with 60fps with Vega 56.
    i have a 8600k 4700mhz, Vega 56 and 16GB Ram DDR4...

DanielRX likes this.
  17. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 56 AB
    my experience with this driver in comparison to 19.12.1:

- got better perf in GTA5 benchmark (+2fps on AVG, +4FPS on MIN).
    - DX12 doesn't work anymore in BF5 (works in BF1)
    - metro 2033 redux benchmark - AVG FPS droped from 90 to 80 :-(
    - metro redux last light bench - AVG FPS +2
    - Tomb Raider DOX +3 FPS
    - metro exodus - same
    - superposition from 13891 to 14229
    - RDR2 bench AVG from 86.5 to 92.5

didn't notice any problems so far.

Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  18. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro W5500
    Tested using enterprise drivers 20.q3 and 20.q2.2 and the newest adrenalin drivers, i always get around 35-40fps at the first place of the game at 1920x1080 all max settings/ultra, full aa.
    Intel 2678 v3, 16 ddr4, AMD Radeon Pro W5500, using 20.q2.2.(current). Didn't see any difference from the new adrenalin drivers or any other driver.

19. xubeiga

xubeiga Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Do you have a Vega 56 too?

20. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro W5500
    No, i have a Radeon Pro W5500 and WX 7100. Haven't notice any difference with any of the drivers.