Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Congrats for RX 6800 XT man :) I'm also planning to get one

Well, what motherboard you have? That TR40 one? I think you will have to reinstall chipset drivers when you will uninstall previous graphics driver version

And yes, there are some issues in know issues list as expected for new uarch

2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    Thanks, and yes - I still have the TRX40 -- until ZEN4 Threadripper comes ;)
    The known issues I am aware of..... chipset drivers I will reinstall + do a clean install and DDU before that....
    I also hope my SSD RAID (AMD M.2 RAID) will remain intact.

So no other issues with USB on your side?

3. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    I'm still on Intel platform (Skylake) so these chipset driver issues are not hitting me. But I'm planning to go for full AMD build soon (ZEN 3 + B550 + NAVI 2)

4. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Its so so simple,if you do Not use stream,etc,rename those 3 files(amdow,AMDRSServ,AMDRSSrcExt) from Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\.
    And install the driver for your video card,after rename amdfendr & amdxe from Unpacked(with 7 zip) radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.11.2-win10-64bit-nov18\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF, from Device Manager.
    For Radeon Settings go to radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.11.2-win10-64bit-nov18\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B361196 and install ccc2_install.exe.
    Good luck. :)

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    It's similar to what the PCI Express filter driver did when it updates the PCI device driver or rather adds in an additional driver though in this case it restarts the USB hub components which if you move the mouse cursor around during installation there should be a phase for a few seconds where the movement stops or on the keyboard with LED lighting and such going out. :)

Older and lower quality flash memory devices and similar can be bad at handling this without first preparing them the safe removal and how that shuts down the device of sorts, newer models and stuff with better components on them should handle it without issue but it's just something to keep in mind if you have any add-ins besides input ones through the USB slots. :)

EDIT: Also if the device is in use currently you might see a little notification in the device manager or through the Windows 10 events and notifications on how a reboot might be needed.

Embra, Jackalito, GSDragoon and 2 others like this.
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    Aaahhh.. Jonas to the rescue ! :p:D
    Thanks man, all clear now, I don't need to worry at all.

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Yeah its unfortunate I had the USB sandisk drive connected when I did the new drivers

I fixed the usb by manually uninstalling them and rebooting and windows applied the driver just the usb stick is kaput

PrEzi likes this.
  8. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    That time spy drop under 4800 was caused by instant replay being turn on, just forgot to disable it before running a benchmark. After disabling it score is back to above 4800 which is still lower than it used to be on 20.9.1 and older drivers. I decided this time to dig a bit deeper and see if there is also a difference in performance in games. I gave a go to 3 runs of built-in benchmarks in 6 games and i can conclude it as there is basically no difference in performance in games but only in 3dmark time spy is.

If anyone is interested here is quick and dirty spreadsheet comparing both driver releases so you yourself can check it:
    http://www.filedropper.com/2091vs20112

Here are links to specific time spy results i made today:
    20.9.1:
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53252573?
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53252746?
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53252927?

20.11.2:
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53249205?
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53249381?
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53249513?

I had disabled all non-essential processes, no recording nor instant replay enabled, OS as clean as possible, no antivirus running in background, nothing more but steam, msi afterburner and hwinfo.

I will report this to amd too, will see what is gonna happen from their side.

9. Pictus

Pictus Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    When tuning settings it crash, bad QT5.
    WHQL? o_O
    LOL! No way!!

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1829, time stamp: 0x5faee5bc
    Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.15.1.0, time stamp: 0x5f506bba
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002495b
    Faulting process id: 0x608
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6be7a5b4733c1
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Qt5Core.dll
    Report Id: 5350676a-fb8e-4eb4-9286-387101d2a806
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Passus likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Feels like a old issue, Wattman can be kinda wonky and has caused RadeonSettings.exe to crash on more than one occasion when hovering over certain graphs or toggles.
    Doesn't mean it couldn't be worse in some versions of CNext/Radeon Settings though.

EDIT: RadeonSoftware.exe I guess, lots of names after all the changes AMD's done to it's naming and layout scheme after all. :D

EDIT: Wonder if the really old incredibly non-secure Chromium component is still in there too for that matter.
    (Virtualization also disabled and some other permissions and security settings turned down or disabled.)

Passus likes this.

11. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    hmm well here no problem, I didn't see any big difference ...

12. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    No issues here at all. I can play as well as before. I am glad that I risked my life!

An only bug I can mention is colors settings, they do not work. Display is default.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    How do I stop Windows from installing it's own driver after I've installed the latest one from AMD?

14. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    2080S
    Windows Update Blocker. Or edit WU rules to not to update drivers.

15. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    It should never happen. You do not need to block anything. I suppose you never installed any new driver correctly that's why the update is triggered.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    How do I install a new driver correctly?

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    I'd disconnect from the internet (WU can't check for updates); in my case I'd just go to Device Manager and disable my Ethernet adapter temporarily. From there, just run AMD's driver installer, let it install, reboot, and re-enable the network adapter.

If WU has a driver downloaded and cached already (I don't think it would install it automatically still since it can't check without internet, but if it does), I'd run Disk Cleanup and clean-up updates before disabling the internet. But I've never seen this be a problem.

But for the easiest option, I'd just run AMD's driver installer as-is, and check the Factory Reset option which I think disables WU from installing a driver.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Tried all that. It still downloads at some point. It's a laptop, so I assume it's installing the recommend one for it. I'll try it with the factory reset option and disconnected to see if that works.

19. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    DDU has an option to disable automatic driver updates..... If you cannot find on how to do it via group policies or registy entry.....

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Dosen't stop Windows update from installing either way.