Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    DOWNLOAD:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-10-1-driver-download.html

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 Highlights
    Support For

• Doom™ Eternal: The Ancient Gods
    • Watch Dogs™: Legion
    • DIRT 5™ Early Access
    • World of Warcraft™: Shadowlands Pre-Patch
    Fixed Issues
    • Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Desktop may experience frame rate fluctuation when exiting a Vulkan® API game with Radeon FreeSync enabled on two or more display system configurations.
    • Uploading or streaming content to YouTube™ may be unavailable or not working correctly.
    • Genshin Impact™ is not detected or listed in Radeon Software gaming tab.
    • Some specific Windows® screensavers such as ‘Bubbles’ may cause an application crash when applied on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Graphical corruption may occur on desktop or at idle when two or more connected high refresh rate displays are Radeon FreeSync enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition releases from Radeon Software 2019 Edition releases via Radeon Settings may sometimes fail with an error message.
    Known Issues
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
    • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
    Important Notes
    • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 installation package contains the following:

• Driver Version 20.20.33.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.12033.1007)

Jackalito, AlmondMan, OnnA and 3 others like this.
  2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Nice last set impressed me with the VII, let's see how this goes. Will report back with some findings.

3. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    New chipset drivers were pushed out as well for Ryzen users.

Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Note to self: updating GPU drivers while RTSS is active is a bad idea. :confused:

Installed and working

NesteaZen and Jackalito like this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thanks. Gonna be testing tonight.

6. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Finally. Having this issue since forever.

Undying likes this.
  7. Obsidian_Oasis

Obsidian_Oasis Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070s
    Wow! Enjoy the fresh driver update, guys!

Only 3 damn known issues / bugs compared to NVIDIA midnight infested kitchen-counter roaches that scatters when the damn lights come on.

This seriously bothers me, though! All this bullshit over and over that AMD has poor driver updates, not timely enough for new games, bugs... bugs... BUGS and lately, AMD has been beating and WINNING against NVIDIA at everything when it comes to a better experience playing games very smoothly, and my mocking friends and family reminds me how well their experience are while I cant use my G-Sync monitors! Now, Big NAVI on the horizon. Then, I have to read blinded cheerleaders like Astyanax post trash about a competitor that he never experience over and over!

Ugh! Sorry for the venting but I just can't wait for 10/28!

End rant.

AlmondMan and Passus like this.
  8. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    Bubbles
    are they having a laugh.

Strange Times likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Some AMD user somewhere had that going and the crash reporter did it's thing and someone over on AMD probably managed to replicate the issue so that got fixed ha ha.

Still a number of unlisted issues but fixing the HDMI audio bug is a big one for this driver. :)

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Installed after DDU - all good so far.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You need a HUG :rolleyes::p

AlmondMan likes this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You dont need ddu anymore. Just use clean install option and your good to go.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    And check -> Keep settings :p

14. JoshJM

JoshJM Guest

GPU:
    AMD r9 290
    So HAGS was just a meme?

15. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    It's still a meme even from MS side :D

Anyway, we saw that driver branch 20.30.xxx already have HAGS support. We are currently on 20.20.xxx branch with stable releases

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    IMHO HAGS is still a unicorn that some of you are still chasing.... doesn't bring anything sizable but more bugs....
    I am really happy with the stability level we have reached with the 2020 branch now... and I would really _prefer_ that over some unicorns with neglible if any performance gains.

GSDragoon, Krteq and aufkrawall2 like this.
  17. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Same as with 20.9.2 i'm having around 100 points less in time spy. Normally i wouldn't care but...
    1. i've never before had less than 4900 points in time spy and if you think it is a run to run variance no, it isn't. Normal run to run variance on my pc is in range of 4930-4990. Also it is reproduceable in my case as when i install 20.9.1 i'm getting back normal scores over 4900 points.
    2. in 20.9.2 thread i've seen posts from others about noticeably lower performance in games.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    P.O.N. likes this.
  18. Oversemper

Oversemper Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7
    Maybe they made 20.9.1 whql for a reason. I've upgraded smoothly from 20.4.2 whql straight to 20.9.1 whql, thankfully radeon 7 is GCN based and does not need all these crazy amounts of beta drivers to fight off black screens.

19. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    They need to add another category for issues besides Fixed and Known. Permanent; :p and move the Enhanced Sync and Performance overlay issues to the Permanent one.

GSDragoon likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From reading up on it a few games are also affected by this not sure what's been changed but there seems to be something here.

From the 20.10.1 driver discussion on the AMD Reddit group.